• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Personal opinions on buffs/nerfs that should happen

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
NERF IT ALL! Make all the stages flat. every weapon has the exact same stats and fire rate! Abilities matter no more, for they are only cosmetic stickers!

but really though, one thing that irks me is when I want to immediately fire the Killer Wail after I press the special button. But instead, I gotta wait a second or two, which puts me in a tough position. that is one thing that I would really like to see changed.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Oh, I understand. The nerf is less trying to make Dynamo's weaker, but harder to use. Unskilled dynamo rollers often sit at one spot flinging ink everywhere, but a worse splat range would make this strategy foolish. Skilled players are already taking advantage of movement, so the nerf would be minor for them. I still love the Dynamo, I just think sometimes it's too easy to use.
You could say basically the same thing about all unskilled players. Aerosprays run up next to you and hold down the button. Jrs charge bubble then aggro you only to pop bubble once you start shooting them. Rollers spam kraken, etc. You can only get so far being brainless with Dynamo. Majority of people don't respect it which is why it can get kills so easily. Instead of treating it like a charger people rush head first hoping to beat the flick.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Oh, I understand. The nerf is less trying to make Dynamo's weaker, but harder to use. Unskilled dynamo rollers often sit at one spot flinging ink everywhere, but a worse splat range would make this strategy foolish. Skilled players are already taking advantage of movement, so the nerf would be minor for them. I still love the Dynamo, I just think sometimes it's too easy to use.
In every map I can think of besides Moray there is a way around a flinging Dynamo in a chokepoint, or at least a way to flush by flinging bombs. I don't think it's the fling range that makes it deadly it's the fact skilled users still have full control of direction when winding up for a flick. That means it's unwise to approach a dynamo unless you are ambushing and in our ideal kill range before they even wind up to swing. I don't necessarily feel like that feature should be nerfed but it's just a consideration when approaching them.

Sidenote, anyone know the timer on Disruptor? I feel like it's far too long even with cold blooded on. Or maybe it just feels like that because you are basically immobile. I feel like cold blooded needs a buff that makes you a bit more mobile with it on Disruptor. I usually am able to still at least trade with person who disrupted me if I can't run away but I feel like cold blooded should do more against it.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
In every map I can think of besides Moray there is a way around a flinging Dynamo in a chokepoint, or at least a way to flush by flinging bombs. I don't think it's the fling range that makes it deadly it's the fact skilled users still have full control of direction when winding up for a flick. That means it's unwise to approach a dynamo unless you are ambushing and in our ideal kill range before they even wind up to swing. I don't necessarily feel like that feature should be nerfed but it's just a consideration when approaching them.

Sidenote, anyone know the timer on Disruptor? I feel like it's far too long even with cold blooded on. Or maybe it just feels like that because you are basically immobile. I feel like cold blooded needs a buff that makes you a bit more mobile with it on Disruptor. I usually am able to still at least trade with person who disrupted me if I can't run away but I feel like cold blooded should do more against it.
I don't really find the dynamo OP to go against, it just seems so easy to fight with relative to offencive shooters. I might be overestimating its power because I usually stay mobile when using it.

As with the disruptors, Cold Blooded has no effect on it currently, but personally, Cold Blooded does not need a buff. As with disruptors, the main counter is using your remaining ink tank to splat your foes. Hold strong and shoot, unless your opponent has more range than you forcing you to hide.

Blobface

Inkster Jr.
NNID
everyone1
It's probably worth mentioning that I think brushes can decrease their shots to kill with damage up. I think it has something to do with the fact that one swing can hit more than once.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
It's probably worth mentioning that I think brushes can decrease their shots to kill with damage up. I think it has something to do with the fact that one swing can hit more than once.
I honestly am not totally sure, but I think some swings can hit the opponent with 2 blobs at once. Damage up only affects the damage of each individual blob, so it would be useless IF each blob always did consistent damage. If not, the range to (quickly) splat opponents would be slightly increased.

Newtonjar

Senior Squid
I really think the aerospray rg needs some nerfs, while I am hardly an expert at this game, I can see that in turf wars it is so ridiculously over centralizing, it covers so much ground in such a short amount of time and while it might not be the number 1 in 1v1 encounters it is definately not a slouch in that department. I mean, after switching over I went from 2nd or 3rd highest scoring to 1st a lot more often, and I am not that good, it just gains points that well. As for nerfs, I don't really know what I would change without making it like other weapons, anybody have any ideas? Keep in mind that if I am making any blatantly bs feel free to call me out on it

Poyo

Senior Squid
NNID
Poyoarya
I really think the aerospray rg needs some nerfs, while I am hardly an expert at this game, I can see that in turf wars it is so ridiculously over centralizing, it covers so much ground in such a short amount of time and while it might not be the number 1 in 1v1 encounters it is definately not a slouch in that department. I mean, after switching over I went from 2nd or 3rd highest scoring to 1st a lot more often, and I am not that good, it just gains points that well. As for nerfs, I don't really know what I would change without making it like other weapons, anybody have any ideas? Keep in mind that if I am making any blatantly bs feel free to call me out on it
The Aerospray is pretty great in Turf War, but it flounders on maps like Moray Towers and Blackbelly Skatepark, where you can see them from afar and take them out because of the lower range. In Ranked, it's a lot less useful because of how important kills and keeping opponents away is. In Tower Control, it can barely do anything as most weapons can easily outreach it.

Newtonjar

Senior Squid
The Aerospray is pretty great in Turf War, but it flounders on maps like Moray Towers and Blackbelly Skatepark, where you can see them from afar and take them out because of the lower range. In Ranked, it's a lot less useful because of how important kills and keeping opponents away is. In Tower Control, it can barely do anything as most weapons can easily outreach it.
Oh yeah, I definately agree that on ranked mode aerospray is not nearly as good, that's the other issue I think with the nerfs of the guns in general is that the modes are different so it makes it hard to nerf something for its op aspects in one game made while not making it useless in other game modes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom