• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Pink/Purple ink combo needs to be banned or removed via update

XenoPixel

Senior Squid
NNID
XenoPixel
I agree completely. The pink and purple blend so well together that sometimes it's hard to see whose ink you're in. Hopefully the color lock can fix this during Splatfest.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Color Lock is not an acceptable solution because we shouldn't have to remove all color variety from the game in fear of that one combination. Nintendo needs to remove it or change the colors to contrast more.

I have a feeling when Nintendo partnered with Hasbro, Hasbro insisted on using their patented Autobot and Decipticon colors and Nintendo wasn't allowed to edit them, that's why they are the only color combination in the game that doesn't contrast.

Hopefully they are removed or edited after Splatfest, because they're a huge problem.

If worse comes to worse, tournaments can set a rule stating any team can demand that if this color combo comes up in tournament, the match must be immediately restarted (and no loadouts can be changed).

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
Color Lock is not an acceptable solution because we shouldn't have to remove all color variety from the game in fear of that one combination. Nintendo needs to remove it or change the colors to contrast more.

I have a feeling when Nintendo partnered with Hasbro, Hasbro insisted on using their patented Autobot and Decipticon colors and Nintendo wasn't allowed to edit them, that's why they are the only color combination in the game that doesn't contrast.

Hopefully they are removed or edited after Splatfest, because they're a huge problem.

If worse comes to worse, tournaments can set a rule stating any team can demand that if this color combo comes up in tournament, the match must be immediately restarted (and no loadouts can be changed).
Is lack of other colors really worse than a combo that can make the game unplayable?

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I completely agree! I shouldn't have to strain my eyes or stop and think about what team that turf/player/weapon/etc. is on. I don't wanna imagine how bad it's gonna be during Splatfest with the lights out.

Power

Inkling Commander
Yes, while it hasn't caused me problems, I have noticed it cause problems for my teammates. They need to fix that...

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
I haven't played this colour, but here's the first video I could find that shows it off (starting at 54:14):

These are also the NA Splatfest colours, so good luck Americans trying to tell these apart in even worse lighting conditions lol.
lol I was like "how bad could it be? *watches video* "....oh jeez"
kinda sad cuz I was digging the colors when I first saw em. Hopefully more contrast from Nintendo will do the trick

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Am I the only who has no trouble distinguishing between those two colours?

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
it is easy to distinguish but in bad lighting I find myself spraying ink anyway to make sure it's really my ink and not the enemy's

Poyo

Senior Squid
NNID
Poyoarya
It's really. really, really easy to tell the difference. I don't understand the confusion. Maybe I ate too many carrots when I was younger. :P
Personally, I don't have problems making them apart, but I can see why it'd cause problems, especially with certain variants of colour-blindness.

It just wasn't a good option to add at all. Everybody who can see things fine won't be losing much if they remove the color combination.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Personally, I don't have problems making them apart, but I can see why it'd cause problems, especially with certain variants of colour-blindness.

It just wasn't a good option to add at all. Everybody who can see things fine won't be losing much if they remove the color combination.
I noticed that the purple ink was a lot darker and the pink a lot more vibrant than in the comparison shown by @River09 . I understand if you have some degree of color blindness how this combo could be impairing, but there seem to be a lot of complaints about it. I'm not trying to be rude, really, but unless all of you have some form of colorblindness its nearly impossible to get them confused.

Sorry if that came of as rude or condescending, it wasn't meant that way at all

DeeWee UNub

Full Squid
NNID
HOPE_Glimmer
it's actually pretty ridiculous

on some maps it's not so bad (flounder mainly), but on maps with shadowed areas like mackerel it's actually unplayable. wails, splats, suctions, enemy players... you can tell them apart sometimes but it actually takes some thought, which is just dumb
This. Well,for me anyways. I was in a Skype call when I first came across it and all of us were complaining xD

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Well, the turf colors probably aren't that bad. The problems arise when it comes to telling apart players, krakens, bombs (enemy bombs in bomb rush, nuff said), splash walls etc. Each millisecond you have to spend with asking which color is which is a lost second.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
I can tell you it's much easier to tell apart the colors in Splatfest, much easier than it was in Squads. So far I haven't had any problems or feelings or confusion on the ink colors, not sure if it's the night setting or not, because it seems the pink is more vibrant now compared to when I was playing Squads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom