• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Pink/Purple ink combo needs to be banned or removed via update

Poyo

Senior Squid
NNID
Poyoarya
I can tell you it's much easier to tell apart the colors in Splatfest, much easier than it was in Squads. So far I haven't had any problems or feelings or confusion on the ink colors, not sure if it's the night setting or not, because it seems the pink is more vibrant now compared to when I was playing Squads.
This is key. Note that the Splatfest colours are different from the squad colours that are causing problems.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
I personally haven't had enough trouble to think about complaining, but I think you guys are right; the colors are sort of hard to distinguish sometimes. They gotta change either one of the colors.

preferably purple because my preferred hair color is magenta

fenrir vii

Inkster Jr.
NNID
fenrir_vii
This is key. Note that the Splatfest colours are different from the squad colours that are causing problems.
Is that true?
I always just assumed that this color combo was added to hype Transformers and would go away after the Fest. I also thought that the Fest colors were the same, but the night luminous ink thing really helped to differentiate.

I was very sad to actually see it make another appearance last night in ranked, though. I do feel like this combo will go away, however.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I have to agree, even though Pink and Purple are the best color in the game to me

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL

Just tried to find one video as fast as i could and you can see in the first match the Pink/Purple combo, why it's so hard to distinguish them is that both of them comes in darker tones, i even find it hard to know what's going on while i'm the Purple ink as it's so dark by itself, and the shade provided on Mackarel is not helping either.

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
I dont mind it that much but port mackeral and blackbelly give me a headache. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom