• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Players Sabotage Turf Wars.

cm250

Inkling Commander
NNID
holleyfam2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-4590-2580-6429
Exactly like how you put it also I know of the edit button but just didn't use it

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
This has been happening to me recently as well. Even to a point there was one time a group all had the same name, 2 on my team, 1 on the other, and they did nothing. Our team lost cause of them three times in a row and I left the match after that.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
I mean it's not exactly like we have any means of communicating with random online players besides partying.

If you want to party with friends, go to private, but sometimes you'll meet a squid who's tons of fun to play with, and party with them to show your appreciation.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Show your appreciation by Booyaing or friending that person on your Switch. There's no reason to do it by ruining others' matches. It's simply a prick move. Like triple posting.

the

Inkling Commander
I understand that there is no friend request message anymore, but you shouldn’t try to make friends by sabotaging matches. Splatoon itself just isn’t rly the place to be making friends like that. Like someone suggested, ppl should try a forum. They’ll definitely have more luck and cause less strife.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I understand that there is no friend request message anymore (...)
There is though, I get friend requests from people I played Splatoon 2 with randomly all the time.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
So first of all, 'sabotaging' implies malicious intentions.

Second of all, booyah-ing is quite a generic greeting. Squid partiers have simply transcended to a higher level of communication.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Semantics doesn't change what amounts to knowingly ruining matches for others. Intentions don't matter if you know the consequences of your actions damn well.

And calling it a higher level of communcation is laughable.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
I’ve reported squids for not playing the game. But whenever I’m left on a bad foot, I’m always excited for the opportunity to prove how awesome I am by winning the game anyways XD

(Also for those of y’all talking about curb-stomp battles, I don’t really see what y’all are on about. Yeah, it sucks when the enemy team doesn’t have full power, but I’m still going to play the game the way it’s meant to be played, and hopefully it’ll be more fair next time)

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
There is no “how the game is meant to be played “ everybody gets to play how they want. Screwing around and not trying your best to win isn’t any more offensive than crushing an obviously weaker team into oblivion. (the latter is actually bad sportsmanship imo..)I don’t report people as a rule, I just roll with the punches because you will be on either side of it regularly if you spend any amount of time playing the game. A little partying can be fun but there is a point where it gets irritating. When it does I shrug my shoulders, get a little irritated , and move on. If my team is crushing, I hang at mid and protect our half of the map. If my team is being spawn camp murdered. i sit in spawn, booya, and kill anybody who gets in range. I generally feel all of the emotions expressed here and in the salt threads pretty regularly. At the end of the day I usually have a good time playing the game though...

the

Inkling Commander
There is though, I get friend requests from people I played Splatoon 2 with randomly all the time.
Oh yeah I know, sorry for the weird wording. I was referring to someone else who had said that people might not coordinate private battles because the switch doesn’t let you attach messages to friend reqs/doesn’t have a PMing feature like the Wii U did. So I was just sayin that actual forums are a better place for that, rather than neglecting to do so and squid partying in public games instead.

SquidletSquidlet

Inkster Jr.
I like Squid Parties but do fully concur that global Turf is not the place for them. The only exception is if 4/8 or more of the players in the lobby know each other and are in on it. 1 or two people doing it in a random lobby really is kind of a trolling act that undermines the match and competitive spirit of the game.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
Yes there is. Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. This is the same BS reasoning that people use to defend scalpers.
How do u figure?Show me the rule book or it didn’t happen.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
I agree to a point though.. Just because you CAN Curbstomp a weak or 3 player team and not let them out of spawn the whole match doesn’t mean you should. There is winning gracefully, and winning like an a hole.. The people that choose to win like an a hole will never understand why everybody thinks it’s poor sportsmanship.. Some people are just 15 forever and won’t ever get it, and some people grow up. My point is you can’t complain about squid partys ,but defend crushing the other team into oblivion It’s . The same thing. Also thegame means different things to different people and everybody has free will to do what they want. Even if you’re not cool with it. That’s just how life works..

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
Originally, one person said that you are just as much a "jerk" if you heavily beat weaker teams as if you ruined the match by squidpartying. But now that there's more stating this, I'll address this "argument" as a whole:

First of all, let me tell you that this is literally the first time I hear such lunacy. In fact, it's crazy. And that is because in the first scenario the game is played as it was intended whereas in the second scenario the game is played in a way that it was not intended.

When I referred to the terminus "war" in Turf War, I simply meant that this points to the general direction of how the game is supposed to be played. It's about 2 teams, consisting of 4 players each who rival to cover the most turf in ink. It is simple as that. It is a fun game, but you generally play it to win. If one player crashs - too bad - I will still push the objective and take advantage of the enemy team being outnumbered. Just like I'll accept if one of mine crashs. I will bear the enemy no ill will if he takes advantage of us being just three: I expect him to give his all. Only then it will feel like an accomplishment if you beat them anyway. And if you lose, you know everyone did their best against the bad odds. In the end, it will be 3 minutes of fun eitherway, eh?

It is not fun when people start willingly ruining the battle for others. The notion of squidparties being all friendly and in good fun is BS. I am sorry, but that's what it is. When you squidparty, you'll always accept ruining the game for the players who came to enjoy a normal match of Splatoon. And there's no talking away that.

For easier understanding: Imagine you took a bunch of foul eggs to a crowded mall and start having a throwing-party with your mates. The people who came to use the mall as intended will get hit eventually. You scream "Booyah" and explain to them that it's all supposed to be freindly. That's squidparties in a nutshell.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
What if you spend half the match booyaing and dorking around but you ink the most turf of anybody on the board and your team wins, then is it ok?;P

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
What if you spend half the match booyaing and dorking around but you ink the most turf of anybody on the board and your team wins, then is it ok?;P
Then it's okay, but sort of, because instead you're being kind of annoying that way.

Reactions: LiX

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
If you are covering the most turf and win, you are not squidpartying by the definition which I have based my statements in this discussion on to this point. The second part of your scenario contradicts itself: You cannot win if you spent half the match "dorking" around, as I understand "dorking" is being useless to your team.

So let me say this: If what you do is play as intended while uselessly spamming the "Booyah" button, then that's fine by me. That may be annoying, as Dessgeega put it, but it's nothing I would compare to squidparties in terms of ruining the game for everyone not wanting to be involved but being forced to stay with you for 3 minutes of their gaming time.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
I’m not trying to argue with anybody, just sharing feelings and experiences:) I agree that the type of partying you described is hella annoying. My personal feelings is that it’s not worse than the curb stomp thing that people do to you in a 3v4 although if the other 2 on my team are above about a level 20 and are trying It doesn’t usually come to that..What I find equality bad is anybody over a level 10 using any weapon other than a charger or blaster that can’t constantly ink 450 turf weather or not they’re partying:) I think it’s possible that people take this game a bit more seriously than I do though and that’s all good too. When i’ve been playing for hours upon hours, I do tend to screw off a bit and maybe party a little as i’ve described earlier.. Hope nobody’s mad;) To the original intent of this topic, I don’t experience that type of partying all that often and I don’t think the intent is to help out friends or whatever.. I think people are just screwing around and aren’t worried about how it’s affecting the other players. Jerk move, but there’s no law against it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom