• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Post Your Inksona and Splatoon OCs!

Globin347

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThePowerPigeon
Well, since no one has said anything else here, I suppose I'll post a second profile.

Basics:
Name: Acrylla Painter
Race: Inkling
Level: 5
"Hair" Color: Acrylla usually wears her arms and tentacles as
yellow.

Relatives: Acrylla has a younger brother named Fresco, who has a profile on this thread. She also has two parents, who vanished when she was six. Acrylla also has an estranged uncle named Bernie, who she dislikes.

Friends: Acrylla has a good relationship with her employees (She owns a coffee shop in Inkopolis.)

Physical Appearance: Acrylla's arms (the ones on her head) are relatively long, or at least longer than the "hair"styles worn by the female youth of Inkopolis. Acrylla ties her tentacles into a long ponytail. Like Callie and Marie, her pupils are shaped like a "+".
Edit: sorry the image is sideways again.
20151220_163744.jpg

And yes, I decided to headcannonize the little bump on the bottom of the mask/facial markings, and make it a family trait of the Painters.

Note that in this picture, Acrylla's face appears to be a little longer than I had envisioned it.

Equipment: Acrylla doesn't have time to participate in turf wars, but she does posses a Custom E-Liter 3K Scope. She will occasionally practice with it.
While working day to day, Acrylla wears the same shirt and apron as her employees, although she does have more formal attire for when it's needed. Off duty, she simply wears a casual shirt and pants (trousers for UK folks.)

Personality: Acrylla, like Fresco, is usually very polite, and tries to be kind. Although she is of a passive nature, though, Acrylla is also somewhat dominating. Acrylla is used do getting her way, and she can be very intimidating when she tries. She is also something of a workaholic, and puts a great deal of effort into running her coffee shop... which I should probably name. Behind all this, however, Acrylla is starting to feel worn down by all her work, and by the stress of relying on a small coffee shop to make a living.

Daily Life: Acrylla lives in the small house built on top of her coffee shop. She works longer and harder than most of her employees, and feels that it is her responsibility to do so. When the shop does close, Acrylla will spend time making plans, practicing recipes, and otherwise working to improve her coffee shop. She very rarely does something not work related.

Tactics: Since Acrylla hasn't participated in a turf war for years (and even when she did, it was only a few times (hence her low rank and level)), there isn't a lot to say here. She does have that Custom E-Liter 3K, however.

Additional Notes:
Acrylla is very skilled at using knives, which adds to her intimidation factor. She wouldn't actually use knives on anybody, of course (unless extreme circumstances drove her to it.)

Acrylla and Fresco were raised by their grandparents after their parents disappeared. Unfortunately, said grandparents kicked off when Acrylla was 15, leaving her and her brother orphaned for a year or so. Fortunately, a good (and rich) friend of her mother adopted them, and left them the coffee shop and apartment. Now, the two live on their own, and the coffee shop is moderately successful.

(yes, I know that sounds kind of cheesy. It was what came to me.)

Acrylla insists that her employees set their "hair" color to yellow while working, as she feels it makes the establishment look more professional.

Last edited:

Globin347

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThePowerPigeon
...I should probably say that both of these characters are heavily inspired by the cast of the anime "Squid Girl".

...Do these characters look like knock-offs of the intellectual property of that show? I'm too inexperienced to tell.

Globin347

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThePowerPigeon
...Did I say something that I shouldn't have, or is this just a dead thread?

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
Oh i think about nothing but my OCs now but I already posted a link to my profiles on dA. Oh darn well!
Guess not many have much else to say.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
I got an OC.

Name(s): Marin Archer
Race: Lamprey Eel
(Freaky looking buggers)
Appearance: She wears a black and white horizontally striped hoodie, with a Rainy Day Tee as an undershirt. Marin wears a plain pair of jeans, with Punk Cherries as her chosen footwear. She also has a scar on her lip.

Relations: Marin lives with her Mum, who she loves lots, she is an only child. Her best friend Aulo Porta, a Jellyfish, although he doesn't know Inklish very well.
Personality: Marin is a socially awkward person, as in she doesn't really talk to people that well. Lots of stammers and stutters, y'know. However, she's pretty brave when needed. But she doesn't really apply that to her social life. She is, ironically, polite when it comes to conversations, preferring if someone does approach and talk to her, she doesn't just duck questions, and leave the conversation. Instead she'll stay and try to talk.

Backstory: Marin grew up in Bluefin Depot, learning the petty ghost stories about the place, exploring it, and generally having a nice time alone. She lived with her mother in the Bluefin Condominiums, which were known to be cheap but also dangerous. But nevertheless, she lived there with her Mom. She had a fine time there, until she got in a fight with her rival, Kalani. The two ended up fighting, and Marin lost, gaining a scar from a rock that was thrown at her, hitting her lip. After the fight, that she lost, Marin quickly retreated from the fight. Literally running home to mama.
Marin, afterwards, took up a job at Booyah Base working night shifts at Shrimp Kicks. Although she doesn't work during Splatfests, as its considered a holiday. So instead she goes home for the night.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
I've got a new one!
Name: Tyler Aquatic (often called Ty)
Race: Inkling (How Original...)
Apperance : Wears a Squid Nordic, which covers some of his hair, which looks like Marie's hair, but more suitable for a male Inkling. Wears an Olive Ski Jacket and Golden Hi-Horses. His default color is yellow.
Personality: Tyler is frequently nervous, constantly twitching and shaking. Mostly due an bad experience at a younger age where he nearly fell into water several times due to loud noises frightening him. As a result, he's paranoid, worried bad things will happen, and sometimes goes through great lengths to prevent certain bad things from happening. While he seems like a easy person to pick on, he isn't a pushover.
Relations: Is the only child of a family that often worries about his paranoia, so before getting his humanoid form, he was mostly home schooled. After turning 14, he goes to a regular highschool where he met his best friend Darrin, who would help with his paranoia.
Weapons: Uses tries to play all, but focuses on Brushes and Snipers, mostly because he has a hit and run strategy.

Globin347

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThePowerPigeon
Here's a third one from me:

Basics:

Name: Moillon "Louise" Nouvere
Eye Color: White (or perhaps a very light blue)
Level: 16

"Hair" Color: Moillon Usually wears her tentacles as purple, with white tips (not shown in the picture).

Relatives:
Moillon is an only child, with parents Osias and Giovanna Nouvere.

Friends: Moillon has been friends with Fresco for a long time now. I'm changing the Painter's origin story, so that Fresco and Acrylla lived with the Nouvere's for some time after their parents vanished, because it is unlikely that Moillon would let a good friend live on the streets. (I need a new origin story for the coffee shop now.) Anyway, the point is that Fresco and Moillon are very close. They are not dating, however, and are not interested in doing so.

Physical Appearance:
Moillon is, like Fresco, rather small. Her "hair"style is very similar to that of the in-game female model, but with longer bangs and shorter tentacles. She, too, has + shaped pupils.

(Again, sorry about the sideways image).
20160102_230042.jpg

You'll probably notice the cut in her left ear. Given the inkling's ability to liquefy and reform their bodies, this cut is extremely unusual. Given the inkling's limited change options, the change is probably mostly subconsciously driven, with the inkling's consciousness merely triggering the change; if this is so, it would prevent her from leaving the cut there on purpose... I guess that means it must be genetic? Anyway, if you ask her about it, She'll tell you a ridiculous story about getting in a fight with a wild beast and saving Inkopolis in the process (which becomes more unbelievable every time she tells it), so we don't know it's backstory.

the cut also appears in squid form, by the way, on her left fin.

Equipment:
either in or outside of battle, Moillon has no clothing preferences, merely wearing whatever suits her mood. Interestingly, her own clothing supply is rather small; She sees no reason to buy clothes when she can "Borrow" outfits from Fresco (which she does A LOT.)
Moillon wields an Octobrush Nouveau, which she is very proficient with.

Personality:
Moillon is a troublemaker. She is also very outspoken, confident, and loud. Moillon is also a tomboy, even by Inkopolis's standards (which appear to make very little distinction between male and female.) She prefers to hang out with guys (and as a result is rather clueless about feminine social norms.) Of course, Moillon is also somewhat lazy, and won't do chores or homework without grumbling about it. (her grades aren't the best, but she usually manages to complete her classes).

Moillon is also quite bossy, and usually gets people around her to do what she wants through sheer intimidation; This, however, makes her rather unpopular, leaving her with few real friends. She feels somewhat lonely at times, but never lets it show.

Moillon prefers to wear male clothing (whenever there is actually a difference); it is unclear whether this is because of her nature or because Fresco doesn't have any female clothing to "borrow".

Daily Life:
Mollion lives in a small apartment in Inkopolis, close to the Painter's Coffee shop (which she and her family visit quite often.) She usually wakes up late (even by Inkling standards), and ends up late for school (or, on weekends (assuming Inkopolis has weeks similar to ours), plays video games until her parents make her do her chores and homework.) She will frequently visit Fresco's home to hang out, plan pranks, or simply try to hide from her chores. While there, Acrylla frequently makes her study, which Fresco is happy to help with.

Tactics:
Moillon has few tactics. She simply tries to splat as many opponents as she can; Occasionally, she will forget that she is supposed to be painting turf. This also makes her somewhat unpopular, but she keeps doing it anyway. This results in her having a lower level than her peers. (This contrasts to Fresco, who is good at covering turf, but tends to be splatted more often than he splats his opponents.)

Additional Notes:
I'm ret-conning the backstory:
Moillon's family took the young Painters in when their grandparents died (when Acrylla was 11, not 15). ( Perhaps their grandparent's friend left them the coffee shop in their will?) However, supporting the Painters put a big strain on the Nouveres, which made Acrylla feel very guilty (which is why she works so hard to support herself now).

Moillon is named after a Baroque era painter.

Moillon is among the few people who can call Fresco "Spalton" and not earn his hatred. He still becomes very angry when she does it, however.

Moillon once ate a super sea snail on a dare. She still insists she saw Callie leading an army of flying robot dolphins shortly afterwards (while vomiting profusely.)

Last edited:

ThaiTD

Inkling
NNID
Thailps28
Maybe I can try.

Name: Lizzi
Race: Octoling
Appearance: She holds a typical octoling hairstyle, a dress she tailored, Retro Specs, and Strapping Reds. Her color is usually baby blue.
Relations: Her friend, Millie.
Backstory: After she was kicked out of Octo Valley for bad fighting skills, she went to the outskirts of Inkopolis to find a home. After finding some materials, she surprisingly made a weapon called the "Baby Blaster." She also made her own dress. For now, she is living in a large area in the outskirts, with a large table and an old sewing machine. Luckily, her friend, Millie (who is a kind Inkling) searches for food every day, and brings back atleast a full meal.
Weapon Description: (Oooo I'm adding something) The Baby Blaster was invented by Lizzi, it has great range but little damage, but the closer the shot the more damage it makes. It has regular fire rate, and it is equipped with Suction Bombs, along with a Kraken.

Globin347

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThePowerPigeon
Here's another one. Admittedly, it isn't as thought-out as the others, but what the hey? I'll post it anyway.

Basics:
Name: Bloop
Race: Jellyfish
Eye Color: Jellyfish don't seem to have colored Irises.
Age: ...nobody knows. It's said that Jellyfish can live for hundreds of years, but that could be a rumor.
Gender: It's hard to tell with Jellyfish. Fresco and Acrylla think Bloop is male, but Mollion is sure that Bloop is female. Personally, I had to check to see if Jellyfish even have male and female genders (they do.)
Level: Jellyfish don't usually participate in turf wars, because Turf wars require ink.

Jellyfish are blue.

Relatives: Nobody knows. Jellyfish don't usually speak inkling. Bloop does seem to understand the inkling language, however, even if he/she doesn't speak it.

Physical Appearance: Bloop looks pretty much like other Jellyfish. By which I mean, the only way the painters are able to distinguish him/her from other Jellyfish is by the red shirt he/she wears.
20160117_205340.jpg

...There are some lines in this picture that I probably should not have inked. Ah, well... water under the bridge.

Equipment: Bloop owns a number of red shirts, each of which has a different symbol on it. He/she keeps the shirts he/she isn't wearing all over the painter residence, and the Painters tend to find them in strange places (such as in the refrigerator, taking the place of the car battery, rolled up and stuffed into the sink, and in various boxes in the basement.) Oddly enough, Bloop always seems to know where every one of his/her shirts is.

Personality: Bloop doesn't seem to have much of a personality. He/she is just sort of... there. Bloop will usually do whatever is asked of him/her (within reason), but tends to remain silent at all times. As such, Bloop's desires, dreams, goals, and viewpoints are unknown.

Daily Life: Bloop comes to the table in the morning, and eats breakfast with the Painters, and then goes off to... well, nobody's quite sure where Bloop goes. It's unclear if he/she even has a job. Occasionally, Bloop can be seen wandering Inkopolis but nobody (or at least, no Inkling) knows exactly what he/she is doing. Whatever Bloop does all day, he/she always comes home in time for dinner, and sleeps in the Painter's downstairs shop. Acrylla has offered Bloop a spare room, but Bloop refuses every time. After nightfall, Bloop disappears again. It's unclear if Bloop (or jellyfish as a whole) sleep at all.

On some days, however, Bloop stays at the painter residence.
Whenever Bloop is home, he/she often ends up working in Acrylla's shop, which is why she lets him/her stay. he/she is a good worker (whenever he/she is, in fact, working), but occasionally gets orders mixed up. he/she is typically forgiven for these mix ups.

When Bloop goes out, he/she occasionally comes back for lunch, but usually finds it elsewhere.

Tactics: Again, Jellyfish don't usually participate in turf wars, because they don't have ink sacs.

Additional Notes: Bloop just sort of showed up at the Painters one day. Fresco assumed he/she was one of Acrylla's recruits, and Acrylla assumed he/she was one of Fresco's friends. The two still haven't quite cued in that he/she is just staying in their house.

Last edited:

Globin347

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThePowerPigeon
Hmmm... I'm beginning to question my reasoning in continuing to post these profiles. Oh, well, I don't think this has reached addiction status yet, so here's another one.

Basics:
Name: Rivera Kahlo
Eye Color: Green
(This paint words for colors a different color gag isn't getting old, is it?)
Level: 50

"Hair" color: Rivera usually wears the fleshy mass on his head as green, with blue tips.

Relatives: Rivera has a very young sister named Frida. His parents are named Guillermo and Christina. (Yes, I know that Guillermo is a funny name. Deal with it.)

Friends: Rivera is Fresco's Idol. Rivera himself views Fresco as something of a younger sibling, although more distant than his actual younger sibling. Rivera doesn't have many close friends, but he seems to get along just fine.

Physical Appearance: Rivera is a little over average height for his age. He is rather lean, and is considered to be rather attractive. His bangs have grown so that they cover one eye, and he wears his tentacles in a side-tail.
20160118_223821_1.jpg

Sorry about the erase marks. I have trouble getting those to go away completely. (Also, I originally drew the head too big, and had to re-size it.)
Also, I'm not entirely sure what facial expression this is.

Equipment: Rivera is shown wearing a generic white shirt here, because I forgot to draw a shirt actually found in the game. I imagine he would wear something like the Black Urban Vest. Perhaps with a pair of Tinted Shades and Blue Biker / Moto boots.
unusually for young inklings, Rivera wears cargo pants (although he still wears that body suit under them.)

Rivera is a sniper, preferring E-Liter models. He owns all variants of the E-Liter 3K, and a few other chargers as well.

Daily Life: Rivera will do odd jobs around Inkopolis, but he doesn't have a full time job. He has worked a shift at the painter's coffee shop several times, however.
Also, Rivera is that squid who falls asleep in class but aces the test anyway.

Tactics: Rivera usually just finds a good spot and snipes people until he is forced out. After that, he finds another good location and snipes other inklings from there.
(as you can imagine, He's quite fond of Moray Towers.)

Notably, Rivera is about the age where he is starting to feel too old for little league turf wars.

Additional Notes: Rivera and his family have their names taken from the family of Frida Kahlo, Another artist. The names are a little mixed up, though.

I'm beginning to question how healthy it is for me to put so many characters on this thread.

Last edited:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(This paint words for colors a different color gag isn't getting old, is it?)
Not really. I don't think you should question your addiction for it either. :)

I love the Jellyfish though, because they're just... guh! Look at them! Cutie-patootie. Horrible choice of words, but still!
Besides, a few other people may be contenders for the level of characters put on this thread. :p

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
Name(s): Maxwell
Appearance:

Maxwell is a green inkling that has brown, tanned coloured skin and his hair is in conroles that falls down his head but no further than his shoulders. He also has green eyes and is a little smaller than average height. He is usually seen wearing a fashion cap :head_cap003: in green, with a green zip hoodie :clothes_prk001: and white arrows :shoes_sht003: with a green styling to them.

Relations: He has and knows both of his parents, and he was an only child until a few years ago, now he has a little brother and sister who are both twins. However Maxwell wasn't around at the time of their birth, and has question about whether he is fully related to both of them.

Personality: He is much more of a listener than a speaker, although he knows how to hold a conversation. He doesn't show much emotion in his voice or his body language but he tends to be more happy than not, even if he doesn't smile a lot. He keeps an eye out on others, especially those who look to be on their own and also has respect for different cultures.

Backstory: He had a generally normal childhood. His parents stayed together throughout, but he didn't really talk to them or really know them. He had friends at school, but only kept in contact with one or two of them after graduating. He also watched a lot of sport, and he did play a fair bit when he was younger. Especially basketball, and while he did sign up for Turf Wars until 2 years ago, it was only until 3 months ago did he join ranked.

However weirdly where he did focus moreso than others was reading. Specifically books and langauges. He read a lot of history books, and hence aced every test, especially when it came to war. He knew all about war tactics, strategy and even the politics surrounding it. Also, because he was used to consuming information in the fashion of books, it not only made him recognise other cultures, but also made language learning easier for him. Even through his school's... less than helpful method of simply memorising long paragraphs and reciting them to pass the tests, he learnt the jellyfish language and even the octoling one as well as his own inkling language.

((Just a short thing I just threw together, if anyone was wondering its a mix of an Inksona and an OC.))

Last edited:

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
[jeez...i dont know why but i've been roaming for days looking around and slightly offputting myself from posting some details for my inksona...i stared at this topic for a while then backed out...RPs look good here and i really want to join one...soon. dont mind me, i'll get into this board more. i can do this!]

ok, let me throw some basics here for my little squid here.

Name: Coerulus
Eye Color: Gold
Personality: Extremely shy and tends to stay to himself thanks to his lack of general younger squids for company from his rural home near Kelp Dome. Can't handle himself in large crowds or new people but once the ease of knowing someone finally clicks, he will talk easier. Always defined by wearing oversized gear that covers his hands and either a Jungle Hat or Squid Clip. Common gear he will wear is the Zekko hoodie and Punk Cherries. Occasionally naps in Booyah Base between turf war map rotations if he's not actively in a lobby, locations are things to question when he does nap.
Relations: Biological parents died when he was younger. Ended up in an orphanage for a year before being adopted by an inkling couple. Currently lives in Flounder Heights.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Name: Evan Lockhart
Color: Turquoise
Eye Color: Green
Personality: He's basically a kuudere. He's mostly silent, and when he does speak, it's usually a snarky remark, or something to calm someone down. Due to an past event which he holds deep regret for, it lead him trying his best to not show emotions to people. When not in public, he really enjoys music, composing, and listening to it. He also likes both of Callie and Marie for who they are and sprouts a small smile when he sees them interact. Also enjoys video games, mostly hack and slash and RPGs.
Backstory: He was frequently bullied as a child, because he didn't do cool and fresh things like the others ie: playing with girls during the girls have cooties age, not picking on other kids, and for having different interests. One day, he snapped. In a rage, he brutally attacked his tormenters, causing them to have really bad injuries, making him land in Juvie based on the damage he'd done to his bullies. After spending a nine month's in juvie, he believes that his emotions have lead him there, and tries his hardest not to show any emotion through voice and facial expression. He also doesn't speak much to people, as he's know from as "The Angry Kid from Juvie." (You could say that he... locked his heart from others! Eh? Ehhh? ...OK fine...)
Clothes/Overall Apperance: Has Turquoise Noise Cancelers, and Olive Ski Jacket that covers some of his mouth and for shoes he wears Green Sea Slugs. He also has slender muscles due to he fights he's been in.
Weapons: Tries them all, but uses shooters, blasters and Sloshers the most. His main weapon is the :wst_shot_precision00:.

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
Name: Rockenberg (Rockee)
Appearance: Dark skin tone, pinkish-red eye color
Clothing: Urchins Cap, Black Inky Rider, Octoling Boots.
Family: Father was an Inkling, Mother was an Octoling.
Weapons: Custom Jet Squelcher, N-Zap '85, Splattershot Jr.

Personality: A sociable, wealthy, and conceited individual who's always looking to better himself. He has his father's sense of "Fresh Fashion" and his mother's semi-aggressive attitude.

Background: Rockee lived majority of his childhood in Octo Valley with his mother, where he attended the Octarian School of Construction. He was criticized and looked down upon by many of the octopi for being a "half-breed" and later flunked out due to being unable to create a functional "Octoweapon." He move in with his father, who lived in a small apartment near Urchin Underpass, and enrolled in the Inkopolis School of Design. Rockee also got a part-time job at Walleye Warehouse, where he met future television stars, Callie and Marie, who would often share their dreams of becoming famous! Inspired by their goal, Rockee began to dream big as well! He wanted to create a brand of clothing and decided to name it after himself, Rockenberg.

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
Name(s): Trey Obirah
Race: Half-Urchin, Half-Octoling
Appearance:

(Just missing the boots:shoes_msn001:.)
Trey is white of skin and turqoise eyes although instead of white filling in the space its dark red as he's part Urchin. He has short black hair which spikes up with blue tips on the tips that changes colour depending on the colour of his ink at the time. He has ears that also spike out like an Octoling. His height is much more similar to the average Octoling, hence he is smaller than most Urchins such as Spyke. He tends to wear modified, recreated versions of Inkling clothes, for example Trey wears a Zekko Hoodie :clothes_prk002: which is blue rather than red and the boots are a pair of Armour Boot Replicas :shoes_msn001: which also have blue decals rather than green. Over his eyes though are literally stolen Splash Googles :head_eye001:. As an extra he usually wears grey tracksuit trousers instead of the shorts many people his age seem to wear. The whole set up makes him look a lot like a human snowboarder.

Weapon: The Octoboard, a hoverboard which uses ink to propel itself. The board speed and ink coverage is like an Inkbrush, with the massive partial charge range attack like a Dynamo Roller. It was just massively ink inefficient, struggled to spread ink and had no long range. An assassination weapon like an Octobrush. It is a silver board with a blue frosty outlining and 3 semi-holes which shots out paint to propel itself and attack, styled like a snowboard. Its sub and special are the Sprinker:sprinkler:and the Echolocator:echolocator:, the same as the Dynamo Roller, since they hold similarities.

Relations: His Mum's an Octoling and his Dad an Urchin, he's really close to them both. (More in Backstory.)

Backstory: Trey has always felt like an outcast when walking about in Octo Valley. It was already seen as strange that his parents were not the same race, let alone the fact they had a child, but with the fact that the Urchins took haven under the Inklings, it only got worse. Sure it made sense to go to the Inklings as a neutral party since living with the winners is the best way to survive. But it didn't mean he was accepted by the Octolings any better. They didn't ever talk about it to his face though, since somehow Trey managed to find a place with all the smiling and laughing he did this. It made them feel uplifted despite the fact they were running out of resources, despite the fact they were running out of time. They wanted to hate him as he was an easy target, but they'd feel guilty for bringing everyone down, and one of the only one making light of the situation. Trey understood, but he wouldn't of been able to be happy if it wasn't because of his parents.

He was always supported at home. His Mum being there meant he always had someone to talk too and he had her to set him straight when he wanted to blame his Dad for all his problems thanks to him being an Urchin. He learnt it was wrong, and not to be like the kids on the roads. And she taught him not to blame the Octolings either, since their reactions are only natural. It taught him empathy, and he will only be greatful to her for that. It taught him not to hate her for his life either. His Dad being there meant he could learn to understand his Dad, and also it why Trey learnt his craft. A forger. His Dad made both weapons and gear for the Octolings, its why he was still accepted in the Octoling society in the first place, and he taught his son Trey everything he knew, so he was still accepted in the Octoling society. Because of this Trey had access to stolen Inkling clothes and could create modified version of them, leading to his Splash Goggles and the blue Zekko Hoodie and Armour Boot Replicas.

However, what it mainly lead Trey to believe is that the Octolings are being held back by their traditional society. There are less of them, so their gear and weapons have to better. They need innovation. They don't need to be the same as the Inklings in their modern age, the Octolings need to be the future.

Therefore Trey started on creating a new weapon. He wanted something that was quick and hit hard. He looked up some past records they had from the past of this world. In the time where the humans lived, there were people who spent a majority of their lives at the highest points in the land, the mountains. These people would be in areas filled with something known as snow, gliding down the mountains at an intense speed, then when they tried to slow down the snow would fly everywhere. They were called Snowboarders. It held a similar resemblance to skateboarding, except it didn't need wheels, since they used the steep terrain to propel themselves. That's when Trey got the idea to use ink to propel the board, so it worked like a hoverboard. Though when testing it, a few times it failed and splatted loads of ink in the basement lab, like a Dynamo Roller splashing everywhere. And that was when it hit him, the hoverboards form of attack should just be an ink blast out of the bottom of the board, like a Dynamo Roller splashing everywhere.

The board speed and ink coverage was like an inkbrush, with the partial charge range attack like a Dynamo Roller. It was just massively ink inefficient, struggled to spread ink and had no long range. It was moving closer to the perfect assassination weapon, he sort of saw it as a better Octobrush. In this fashion, he decided to call it the 'Octoboard'. It is a silver board with a blue frosty outlining and 3 semi-holes which shots out paint to propel itself and attack. It was styled like a snowboard, which holds true is his Splash Goggles, blue Zekko Hoodie, tracksuit trousers and his blue Armour Boot Replicas. The whole reason he has those boots its because they are the only ones that have strong enough straps and material to connect to the board.

At the moment, only he owns the board, and its still in a somewhat experimental form, since its ink efficiency is the way it is. But he is seen using it out an about, to show the power of it, as a brand to show what the power of the future can bring for the Octolings.

Extra: By modified and recreated gear, it only changes their colour not their stats, like how the Hero Charger Replica is the same as the Splat Charger.

Oh and small thing, if you think Trey's surname is interesting, read it backwards. Came up with it when I saw the name on my desk. Yeah rip innovation. ;)

Also... That Backstory... Turned out to be really long. Wow, thanks if you read that book worth of words.

Last edited:

Globin347

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThePowerPigeon
That was well-written. Good job. However, if you really look closely at the mesh, Octolings actually have small, round ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom