• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Post Your Inksona and Splatoon OCs!

ChibiDubtalia

Pro Squid
Name(s): Violet or Vio for nickname
Race: Inkling
Appearance: Blue Inking girl, brown eyes, Designer Headphones, School Jersey, and Cyan Trainers. Would sometimes wear the school uniform because she thinks it's cute.
Weapons: N'Zap 89, Aerospray RG, and Golden Dynamo Roller
Personality: Very competitive, quick to lose her temper that she will charge head on out of frustration. Violet is not afraid to get things done and do what she can to get the things she wants. May come off as arrogant, but wants the best for her team. Always going for the direct approach when making friends. She is also very passionate about Turf Wars, music, video games, and cartoons. Likes to eat sweets and hates veggies. Has a love for puns and willing to make one or laugh with it.
Relations: Mother and father, idolizes bands like the Squid Sisters, ABXY, Squid Squad, and Hightide Era
Backstory: Violet grew up in Flounder Heights with her mother and father in a fairly normal life. Looking at the Turf Wars in the Inkopolis News, she wanted to be a part of it and tries to convince her parents to let her join in. When she was able to participate in Turf Wars at 16, Violet kept on going to push her and the team to the top. She loves being so active, hardly standing still during matches. After seeing the Squid Sisters perform in Splatfest, she also has a dream to be a singer herself. She is often found listening to her music, dancing and singing to the beats of the top bands. Sometimes even on her iSquid to check on the latest gear and news.

Sorry if it isn't much, my first time making an Inksona for this.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Name: Emily
Appearance: Pink inking girl with pink eyes, will be wearing whatever she feels like wearing that day.
Weapon(s): N-Zapper 89 and Heavy Splatting
Personality: Very sweet and down to earth, can get competitive in Turf Wars, always happy to make new friends, doesn't anger easily, tends to not be too fickle with food or music
Relations: A Mom and Dad, follows news to watch her fave squid sister Callie
Backstory: She has always enjoyed life and when she could be on her own, she decided to travel to Inkopolis to take her place in Turf Wars and to see her idol, Callie. She has always had a bit of a weakness for shopping and since she is now rather fresh, she tends to shop a lot when she isn't splatting Inklings on the Turf War battlefield. She took an instant liking to the Heavy Splatting and N-Zapper 89 when she bought them. They were two weapons she is really good at and has learned to use them to take opposing inkilings by surprise with when they least expect it. She prefers the N-Zapper 89 since she likes to run and gun more than anything. Watch out for her Inkstrikes, because if she hits a spot where your team is collectively at, it can hurt your chances.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
I had this typed up on my sta.sh on DA. So the format is different.
Name: Chaos
Appearance: (refer to my profile pic)
Height: 5'6"
Species: Inkling
Default Ink Color: Blue
Personality: Chaos is a quiet and shy type of person despite trying to look cool. If you talk to him, he is actually a very nice person in the inside. He has a kind and honest heart and is sworn to protect anyone he truly cares for, though he can be the emotional and jealous type sometimes. In a relationship, he becomes protective and hostile towards anyone close to his loved one. Mainly because he refuses to let a certain moment happen again. (See bio for more info.)
Sexual Orientation: Straight
[Single/Taken/Not Interested]
Mate: None
Love Interest:
Family:
He doesn't wanna mention them.
Likes: eating, sleeping, Turf Wars, video games, video game music, Splatfest, Marie
Dislikes: rap, most veggies, Charger and Blaster users, losing (whether be it in battle or someone he truly loves), being treated inferior, peanut butter (he's allergic to it), not feeling loved, any rivals he has (since they always end up taking away his lovers), being left out
Weapons of Choices:
Octoshot Replica (Ironically, he dislikes the Tentatek Splattershot)
N-Zap 89
.96 Gal
Level: 50
Other: For some strange reason the tips of his tentacles became yellow after kissing a yellow Inkling girl. Oddly enough, this never happened before.
Bio: Chaos has always lived a lonely life. He had little to no friends and his parents argue from time to time. Heck, he never even had a good birthday. So instead of getting gifts, he has to go buy them himself, with his own money. When's he out in the Plaza, he tends to hang out in the alley with Spyke, mainly whenever he sees a couple, it reminds him of his past relationships. Apparently, every girl he has dated has left him for another guy with no explanation despite being so loyal to her. Sometimes he himself found out he was cheated on which made him feel betrayed and had no purpose at all. He questions if it's his own fault and blames himself or if he'll ever live a happy life.

In battles, he'll go out and do his own things such as claiming turf, helping a teammate, or go after any enemy Inkling on sight. Though sometimes he'll become a hothead and let out all his anger on everyone just to express his emotions of his past life. Even his teammates that he's placed with can be a bit afraid of him, but he doesn't mean to scare anyone at all.
Outfits: He has no specific outfits because he changes gears a lot from time to time. But he'll usually wear Black Arrowbands, Black Inky Rider, and Armor Boots Replica.

Other notes:
-
He is completely based on my true self in real life.
- There are rumors that he once tried to commit suicide after so many heartbreaks.
- He has his own rule that he will not help anyone on his team that has angered him in previous matches. (whether getting splatted by the same person or being seabagged)
- He is a fan of "Squid Fighter" and he wishes for a weapon or ability to throw inkballs out of his fists. HA-INK-KEN!

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Would anybody be willing to draw Parzival for me? Send me a PM if interested.

Spynes

Inkling
NNID
Dinofloor
Name(s): Spynes

Race: Urchin

Appearance: They are 5'9, and wear a purple and green striped short sleeve over a black long sleeve. They have the regular urchin hair, but they decided to not keep their afro.

Personality: Spynes is a quiet troublemaker who seems a bit trusting at first, and is kind of friendly once you get to know them. They don't speak much, but when they do, it's something straightforward and to the point. They are influenced by their friends, who are total punks.

Relations: Spynes really doesn't talk to his family anymore, because hes moved out anyways. Information about Band Members and relationships below.

Band Members;
Ikamesho, a short inkling male, who is lead singer of the band. Marino, an inkling male about up to Spyne's shoulders, who plays the bass guitar and also sings. Callum, a fish about the same height as Marino who plays the drums. Spynes plays lead guitarist and is really good at it, too. The band is currently rising, but isn't all that known.

Backstory: Spynes lives in an apartment with the other band members. He used to be homeless, but that was for a short time. As a young undeveloped sea urchin he was sent to adoption, but the reason is unknown. He hopes to meet his original family sometime. The family he was given to was sea urchins, but they weren't too similar to him.

Spynes has always had an interest in machine building, and the weapons Sheldon makes. During his visit at Inkopolis, he made some weapons for a short time.
He is thinking about making an extreme weapon that he could sell to make a lot of money. The weapon in mind is one that uses more than one special at a time. First an inkstrike, and then a kraken. He would sell this weapon for Super Sea Snails, or 30,000 coins.

jackabee

Inkling
NNID
Jackabee24
I've got an OC!

Name(s):
Thida

Appearance: Most likes to use teal and/or sky blue ink. Gear is Pilot Goggles,Pro Trail Boots, and Squid Pattern Waistcoat. Uses the Inkbrush regularly. There's a doodle of her in my signature, and my screenshot album on Miiverse has some pics of her if you ever want to take a look.

Relations: Family includes a mother and a father, both absent.

Backstory: Thida grew up in a sparsely populated mountain region with her parents, in close proximity to Octo Valley. Her mother worked at Camp Triggerfish in the summer, and one year, did not return. Her father, concerned, went looking for her, only to never return himself. Thida spent an entire winter on her own, living off of instant noodles and the generosity of her few neighbors. She had always been a squid of few words, but now she spoke even less, and once she turned fourteen, determined that she needed some way to make a living. Because of that, she came to Inkopolis and participates in Turf Wars to stay afloat. Coming from humble origins, she's rather awkward around her city slicker peers, but she has adapted well to a battler's life and has a strong sense of justice.

I play with her on Dreamwidth with an additional part of her backstory placing her as Agent 3, but I'd rather not push that here and just have her be a regular squid - that is, if I ended up putting her anywhere.

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Name: Aeryal (Pronounced "Aerial")

Appearance: Short tentacles for a girl. She wears a Squid-Stich Cap, a Green Zip Hoodie and a pair of Red Hi-Tops.

Weapon: Rapid Blaster Pro

Relations: Her family, that includes her mother and father, and her friends.

Occupation: Freelance investigative journalist, reporting on strange happenings in Inkopolis

Personality: Aeryal is bright and fun around here friends, but tends to be a bit cautious and shy around strangers. She can easily focus on things for long periods. She is also extraordinarily good at problem solving, maybe that's why she enjoys investigating so much. She is a bit of a pacifist, easily able to talk her way out of sticky situations using her language skills. When she does need to fight, so be it. Using her trust Rapid Blaster Pro, she can put up quite the fight.*

Bio: Once Aeryal moved to Inkopolis, she didn't expect to be cracking conspiracies wide open. Having noticed some strange happenings, Inklings in suits that look unbelievably shady, and realizing, does Inkopolis have any form of government, if it does, where is it seated? This could be all stupid and the strange happenings are just coincidences and the shady Inklings are just some higher up police (Whice she thinks doesn't actually do anything). Eventually she threw that conclusion out the window, mainly because she wanted something to do. By then, she started writing down all of this. She's now made this into a full blown hobby. She's come to my conclusions, many of which are classified. She doesn't really participate in Turf Wars because she claims to be "too busy".

Last edited:

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
Name: Penelope "Sqwiddles"

Level: 29

Physical Appearance: A smol dark skin inkling who is the size of a 12-13 year old.
Her hair colour normally sticks to the "milk tea" Tan, and she have it in a curled up way to the back of her head- or I'll just show a picture due to me being really bad at explaing hair styles. :'^)

Outfit:
A pufferfish hat ⋆⋆ (Main Ability: Comeback)

Zombie Hi-Horses ⋆ (Main Ability: Special Charge Up)

Sea bunny slug shirt ⋆ (Main Ability: Swim Speed Up)

Weapon: Inkbrush (Regular)

Personality: Outgoing and a bit hot headed little squiddo that might freak out at some points during matches.

Likes: Little animals, Chirpy Chips/ABXY, Brushes (of course),Cap'n's stories of the Great Turf War, Jellyfishes (THEY'RE TOO SQUISHY)

Dislikes: Chargers, Spyke with his cheapness (Oh you know what I'm talkin' about), Peeps who diss the brushes

Relations:
Of course we have the Parents (/I'm lazy to find a name of 'em.)

•Blandine (Bland is her older sister. 4 years apart. )
•Flann (Flann is her best friend from one of the Turf War 101 classes)
•Blanche (Blanche is just an acquaintance. Penelope only met her through Blandine and the little brush squad )
•Ruukii (Penelope have an actual crush on this non-squid. Accidentally met while being in the park of Flounder Heights.
Oddly enough Ruukii is not even a sea creature. He is part of a race that have white hair and are mixed with some animals and his universe has existed for so long that there's technology to enter alternate dimensions. - pretty much this character is from a friend of mine.)

Backstory /Tbh this is just some brain stormin' here. Don't expect anything much. uvu; Bad with story lines./:

Penelope live in one of the apartments in Flounder Heights with her parents and older sister. Her sis really don't care too much about turf war as she prefer to laze around at home while eating a lot of snacks. Actually Blandie don't even enjoy turf war at all or actually all that fit to do them now. Penelope usually bothers her of not enjoying turf war and annoys her by trying to make her play battles with her. Their relationship is pretty well with an exception of battles here and there with one another.
Pelelo is not too unexperienced as she enjoy going into turf war at any chance she can get. Penelope always enjoyed being in one of the classes that teaches the weapon types and as soon she saw the inkbrush, Penelope was determined to "master" this weapon as others normally tossed this weapon to the side. She is a small Inkling and most would mistake her for being 12 years old and would be picked on by others. Penelope is not really bothered by the little pickings as she have trainning to get to. Besides, with her size, she have some advantages of not being hit by some of the ink that be flinging around.

In the Turf War 101, Penelope befriended Flann through both of them really being fascinated by brushes. Flann was pretty surprised by how short Penelope is chose to call her Sqwiddles which is just Little Squid. With that eventually everyone began to call her Sqwiddles rather than her name sense it fits her.

Last edited:

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
Technically for a host of OCs, which I thought of my own stories around, I have a deviantart folder full of that with my own groups for them and ways of describing them. In a fanfic canon of my own lolol http://pinkolol16.deviantart.com/gallery/56411069/Profiles

However the one you see in my avi is the one you'd clarify as an 'inksona' since it's basically me, or a sort of mascot for myself. I'll describe.

Name(s): Pinkolol
Appearance: Typical Inkling Girl, commonly the hot pink colour. Also, can't see it, but the shoes happen to be Red Hi-Tops, and along with the Zekko Hoodie, the School Jersey is one she wears alot. Also include a Sporty Bobble Hat in the equation even though it's not in the pic.
Relations: Not really anybody. Just a loner who turfs with whomever.
Personality: Is brave,willing to fight if others will step up, is kinda shy around new people, very friendly to others that are kind, likes to find humour in things alot, reckless, is happy for others' successes and tries to find compromises. Also notices cliches and personality traits often and comes off as trivial to some.

Backstory is a bit difficult since the character can fit anywhere and would have had multiple stories.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Here's an additional one to be archived on this thread, and to also be possibly used. I wouldn't recommend reading the backstory, spoilers of a certain thing.

Full Name: Canchi Chiro
Race/Gender/Color: Male Royal Purple Inkling
Preferred weapon(s) of choice: Octoshot/Tentatek, Sploosh, Slosher, and a Purple variant Hero Splattershot.

Appearance: Fake Contacts, giving his eyes the same look that the Squid Sisters have. He wears a light purple ski jacket, kept open showing his favorite shirt, a White Anchor tee. He top- er... finishes it off with black slacks with the traditional Ink color stripe on the sides, with a matching recolor of the Armour Shoes.

Personality: Canchi is a normally outgoing boy, making friends with almost everyone. He's a bold boy, he'll make confident decisions and usually win them. He's wary of strangers, after a certain event. He views them suspiciously. But on the field, he's a force to be reckoned with. His aggressive nature clashes with Terence's steady, methodical advance.

Backstory: Thought I'd really do that?

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
I finally got around to making Pause's Inksona. So here it is!

Name(s): Pause
Appearance: Usually wears the following: :head_hbd002::clothes_tes003::shoes_slo001:
Relations: Parzival is a close friend and even like a brother to him. His parents are extremely nice people, and Parzival sometimes criticizes them of that. He says that one day an Octoling will strut right in and they'll serve it tea.
Backstory: As a child, Pause was quite spoiled. However, that did not make him the stereotypical spoiled Inkling. In fact, Pause was quite the opposite. He always felt genuine sympathy when he saw an unhappy person, so one day, when he was headed to a Turf War with his fancy new Octoshot Replica, he saw Parzival moping around, he took him in, and lead him to his home just outside Inkopolis. A few weeks later, all the paperwork was done and Parzival was, legally, Pause's brother! They became very close after this, and their adventures continue...

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Hey! Have some more Octolings, and their robotic guardian!

Name: Adara Octadron.
Appearance: Adara is an Octoling, who adopted the long tentacle hairstyle of the Inklings. She typically wears a Puff-ball Hat, a Green Zip Hoodie and the Octoling Boots, completing her outfit.
Personality: Adara is a slightly nerdy, shy one of the two. But she's got her heart in the right place, and will help anyone out even if they offended her greatly.
Weapon of choice: .52 Gal.

Backstory: Adara was -like her twin- raised in Octo Valley, prior to the fall of Octavio. They mysteriously vanished out of Octo Valley, their grandfather had taken them in after their mother's supposed death. They resided in their Grandfather's laboratory. They trained in the lab's armories, using various robotic targets to practice their aim. At least until one of the scientists there used a Reaver-Bot 2.0 that was later named Legi-1 to sneak them out of the lab, it knocked them out and stole a boat to leave the Lab. They abandoned the boat, making it a derelict headed off the coast of Inkopolis. The twins super-jumped and unintentionally made a flashy entrance into a team battle, which the enraged Legi -who was tasked with protecting them- barged into the stage and took the twins away, leaving the two teams stunned. Afterwards they met up with their Mum, who was still alive but in Inkopolis on the outskirts of the city, and started living there with her.

Name: Ikara Octadron.
Appearance: Ikara is -obviously- an Octoling! She typically wears a maroon pullover Zekko Hoodie, a pair of Octoling Boots and a recolored to match version of the Octoling Goggles to go along with her outfit.
Personality: Ikara is the more driven competitive, optimist out of the two. Unlike her sister Adara, Ikara is vengeful. Although she is a nice person at times.
Weapon of choice: Splat Roller.

Backstory: Ikara was -like her twin- raised in Octo Valley, prior to the fall of Octavio. They mysteriously vanished out of Octo Valley, their grandfather had taken them in after their mother's supposed death. They resided in their Grandfather's laboratory. They trained in the lab's armories, using various robotic targets to practice their aim. At least until one of the scientists there used a Reaver-Bot 2.0 that was later named Legi-1 to sneak them out of the lab, it knocked them out and stole a boat to leave the Lab. They abandoned the boat, making it a derelict headed off the coast of Inkopolis. The twins super-jumped and unintentionally made a flashy entrance into a team battle, which the enraged Legi -who was tasked with protecting them- barged into the stage and took the twins away, leaving the two teams stunned. Afterwards they met up with their Mum, who was still alive but in Inkopolis on the outskirts of the city, and started living there with her.

"We are Legion." -The fallen Legi-1 on the field of battle.

Model Name: Reaver-tron 2000 (2.0)
Colloquial Name: Legi-1 or just Legi.
Years of Service: Over 50 years in service.
Appearance: An 11 ft tall metal colossus. Legi has a built-in cannon into his right arm. He can be distinguished from the crowd by it's size, broad shoulders, and slightly ornamental head, flaring off into a half-crescent where the forehead would be, encircling it's head. Topped off with a glowing fuchsia eye in the center of it's head.
Personality: Legi's memory has been wiped, it doesn't retain much knowledge from it's past time as a machine of war. All it remembers is how to fight and that it's current objective is to defend the twins, unless asked otherwise.
Main Weapon: Ink-Sword.
Weapon Class: Splatling and Inkbrush.
Sub Weapon: Hydro Cannon.
Special Weapon: Unique variant of liquid for the Splatling 'sub' weapon, fires a caustic liquid. Otherwise, it's high pressure water.

Backstory: Legi started off as a Supreme Reaver-Bot on the front lines of battle, fighting not for DJ Octavio. But instead for Shen Octadron, it was built to serve as his general and leader of his Legions. Defeating the armies of old in the Great Turf War, before being bested in combat by the Jellywraiths, a Jelly/Squid mix Splatoon.

Legi was later recovered from the site of the battle by one of the surviving combatants, and subsequently brought back. Legi waited in storage for repairs, but it never came until several decades later, at the hands of Wayna. It was slowly repaired and modified, the original Manifold Core (Memory) was damaged beyond repair and was discarded for a newer, more adaptable one.

Legi activated and was tasked with protecting the Octadron Twins, it was told to defend them and take them to Inkopolis because of the fall of DJ Octavio. Legi knocked out the two girls and stole a boat to bring them to Inkopolis, where their Mum resided. Now Legi is a butler/servant/bodyguard for the family.

Last edited:

DualSquelched

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nilithium
Sure. Why wouldn't cha put your OC in here? ovo)
I dun have one. I thought of basing mine off coming from the equivalent of Inking Australia, being rather new, but I only really have my own Inkling for it. How do I take screenshots anyway?

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
I dun have one. I thought of basing mine off coming from the equivalent of Inking Australia, being rather new, but I only really have my own Inkling for it. How do I take screenshots anyway?
Oh! Then have fun making your OC coming from that part of the world!
As for taking screenshots, you can take one while equipping your gear, press the home button, go to miiverse, save screenshot, and now you can go to your phone/computer, save the screenshot onto there and post it here.

Globin347

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThePowerPigeon
...Why not?
(note: I, like many other folk on this thread, have not created Original characters for the interwebs to view before this point. As such, I would appreciate it if you would cut me a little slack.)

Here's Mine:

Name: Spalton "Fresco" Painter
Level: 33
"Hair" Color: Outside of battle, Fresco's "hair" is usually seen in some shade of blue, or, less commonly, yellow.

Relatives: Fresco has an elder sister named Acrylla (20 years). Both of Fresco's parents went missing while he was very young; as such, Fresco has only the tiniest fragment of a memory of his parents.

Friends: Fresco has a few close friends, whom I'll invent later.
Fresco has a "little brother" type relationship with the employees of his sister's diner.

Note: Fresco hates his legal first name. Calling him "Spalton" is a surefire way to start a fight (and turn him red with anger.)

Physical appearance:
Fresco is a slightly-smaller than average Inkling for his age. He has yellow eyes, and wears his tentacles in a style very similar to that of the in-game male inkling model (save larger bangs). I have a picture, but it's rather... sideways. Sorry.

20151212_224915.jpg

Note that I am a rather amateurish artist: You'll have to forgive the smudges, highly visible erase marks, e.t.c...
Also, the shoulders weren't supposed to be as broad as they are depicted here. My bad.
Also, Fresco doesn't wear the ponytail directly on top of his head. That is another mistake. He wears it on the back, like the in-game male inkling model.
but hey! All toasters toast toast, right?

Also, the little bump on the bottom of his mask/eye markings was originally a mistake, but I'm considering headcannonizing it.

Equipment:
Fresco usually wears a sun visor (Bomb range up) (not shown in the picture), a Varsity baseball LS (Recon) (shown in the picture), and a pair of Pro Trail boots (Bomb sniffer) (Not shown, because the picture doesn't show Fresco's feet).

Fresco uses the Splash-O-Matic, but he also has a surprisingly extensive weapon collection for his family's income level.

Personality:
Fresco is usually very polite, taking care to treat others nicely... So long as they don't call him Spalton. He is also usually quite anxious, and has trouble standing still.

Fresco's sister and her employees tend to think of him as a child, but Fresco is now old enough that he is beginning to resent this attitude.

Fresco isn't shy, but he's not a socialite either... in fact, he's something of a third wheel- to the entire city of Inkopolis. Everyone knows who he is, but almost nobody actually pays attention to him.

Daily life:
Fresco spends most of his week either doing schoolwork, spending time with his friends, or working in his sister's... place to eat. I haven't decided what type of restaurant it is (coffee shop, fast food place, e.t.c.)

Fresco lives in the small home built on top of his sister's food place.

Fresco is usually able to engage in turf wars only on the weekends. In spite of this, he's not bad.

Tactics:
In Turf wars, Fresco tends to wander towards the nearest enemy ink, slowly making his way towards the enemy base. Once he reaches it, He'll start wandering in the other direction, again moving toward enemy ink.
Of course, that's not to say he won't jump to help his teammates when they're in trouble (and often be splatted upon landing), but he rarely has any tactical plans of his own.

Last edited:

Globin347

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThePowerPigeon
I think I'm going to make Acrylla's establishment a coffee shop... That also sells specialty sandwiches.

...Do coffee shops normally sell sandwiches? I think so.

Globin347

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThePowerPigeon
...I just realized that this thread has been abandoned for weeks.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
...I just realized that this thread has been abandoned for months.
*Is drinking from Estus Flask. Sees post. Spits everything out*
PPFFFFTTTT!!

Nah, it's probably just because a lack of OCs from people.
My best guess is that the RPers/people aren't having the creative energies going around in their heads and creating OCs from them.
Anyway don't worry about it, people will probably start posting them again after a while.
Or you know... school's a little busy for everyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom