-Seagull Splat Charger/Splash Wall/Inkstrike
-Honey Splat Roller/Disruptor/Inkzooka
-Soda Pop Blaster/Seeker/Echolocator
-H-3 Nozzlenose Nitro/Squid Beakon/Kraken
-Cherries Dual Squelcher/Disruptor/Bubbler
-N-Zap ’07/Splash Wall/Inkzooka
-Carbon Roller Au Lait/Squid Beakon/Bubbler
-Tomato Neo Sploosh-O-Matic/Seeker/Bomb Rush

Personally, I am most hyped for the Berry Pro, Fresh Squiffer (we already knew these two), Slosher Muscat (echolocator spam!), the Bamboozler MK III (sprinkler helps turf issues, inkzooka is good for offencive play) Inkbrush Modern (burst bombs for dayz), the Rapid Blaster Lime (Burst bombs work well with all the damage up, inkstrike is good for turfing) Seagull Splat Charger, (annoy those E-Liters), Cherries Dual Squelcher (Disrubbler combo + range), and the H-3 Nozzlenose (more beakons + kracken, might convince me to try it out more.) Still, I am a bit dissapointed with no point sensors and only two beakon combos, both on lackluster main weapons.

Also, RIP Splattershot Jr. You will be missed.

then again, these could all be fake, Don't want to get my hopes up too much.

Edit: Now that I realized that there are no new splatlings and only one new slosher, I am a bit suspicious. Guess I really just wanted that inkbrush.

Last edited:

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Omg if I could have an inkbrush with burst bombs and a bomb rush... *cries* I would be so so so excited. Ugh~

Although the idea of my opponents using one well is.... terrifying O_O

I defiitely take this with a grain of salt but... I can live in hope.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
"Inkbrush Modern/Burst Bomb/Bomb Rush"

Nice. An Inkbrush that has a way of fighting long range enemies might be interesting. Also, I'd welcome a new N-Zap.

At the same time, no new Splatlings would be a damn shame.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
I'm deeply suspicious, especially because of "Potato Splash-o-Matic". I mean, c'mon, Potato?

Some of these sets also seem way, way too crazy. I mean, you never know, but still...Potato
it seems odd given that they're supposed to be bright/tropical and potatoes are neither. "fresh squiffer" isn't even directly a fruit, it's just bright/flashy.

i'm not really buying that this is real.
also what is with seeker/seeker rush on a sploosh? it just sounds ... meh... i don't really see it helping outside of adding the weapon's first offensive sub.

Last edited:

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
the really dubious thing about this is that a charger could have splash wall, which sounds too good to be true. but other than that I do like the names for the weapons, some really interesting kits there.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
I don't know if it's real or a troll, but if it's a troll, the troller did it quite coherent. I think this might be real. About the splatlings or others, I guess there might be further weapons (like, 3 versions for each one).

From my point of view, this Dual would be strong. Because I assumed bubbler weapons would always have some kind of bad side (need a charge, doesn't have range,...) while this one has range and flexibility, plus a disruptor you would be able to trhow right after activating the bubble. The roller and N-ZAP are not bad either, with the first roller with disruptor and a wild wall-inkzooka. I don't know much about brushes but I guess the burst are what they'd like indeed.

Well anyway, time will say. I still believe it would be logical to have three versions for each weapon, so splatlings or gals should come... Or so I think.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Again, myself i'm not looking too deep into it until nintendo tells us. Until then, I'll be right here:

No-one should get their hopes up just yet.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Dual with bubbler. Splash-o-matic with bubbler. And here i was thinking that a set like this was wishful thinking. the two weapons which i've used since the first time i got em are getting awesome sets. This is way too good to be true. Also if it's real, i'm gonna enjoy calling the splash potato. We already have kelp, berry and wasabi so why not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I'm very doubtful of the list because a lot of it just seems very weird. Some of the weapons such as the Splash Wall charger and Bubbler Carbon Roller seem a little broken I guess you could say. I mean... In the right hands, a Bubbler Carbon could probably do well at taking out an entire team with its speed and being invincible for a short while. The Splash Wall charger just seems like it would be extremely annoying. Chargers are already hard to fit. It sounds doubtful that they would be given a wall that makes them even more untouchable.

Personally, I don't like the brush set. I don't think it needs Burst Bomb Rush. I would defintely prefer a Burst Bomb/Echolocator set for the brush. It would give it the possibility of protecting at long range but also keeping up its support with Echo. The Inkbrush is more defensive and supportive. It would be better suited for an Echo spammer than a Burst Bomb spammer in my opinion.

The weirdness of the whole "potato" Splash and Seeker Sploosh have already been pointed out. :P I would like to see Seeker Rush on another weapon though.

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
Beakon/bubbler carbon would basically be an ink brush nouveau 2.0 with less movement, I honestly coudnt see it being useful and it would be shot out of range every chance people got. I do agree that the brush would benefit from having burst bombs and echo more than bomb rush but honestly just having burst bombs would make the ink brush so much better that some of the other rollers since it has always been so fast.

Ive been doing some looking around on the japanese twitter and the blog and such and apparently there was a translation error for vol. 1; iirc the Potato should have mines and bubbler, the Mk. III should have mines aswell and the Rapid blaster should have point sensor. I believe the leak came from someone in japan who managed to datamine the game or something but dont qote me on that...I cant read too much japanese unfortunately.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Definitely cautious about this "leak", a lot of these combos seem too good to be true, and I honestly don't believe the Cherries Dual Squelcher, for one it would be Cherry, not Cherries (since that sounds and looks better), and two, these weapon variants are supposed to be bright, vibrant and clearly a different colour from the original variants, and this would be another red Dual. Also, like people have already mentioned, where are the Splatling? Why is there only one Slosher?

It was said in the Direct that Sheldon's Picks would be a combination of the popular "favourite" weapons and the underused ones. Most of these listed ones aren't really underused, I think of weapons like the Sloshing Machine, H-3 (is listed here admittedly), Jet Squelcher, Hydra Splatling, Mini Splatling (not the Zink) etc. Hardly any of the weapons here fall into that category, so I am very dubious. Also, the Splash Wall Charger won't be nearly as OP as you think, since it takes a lot of ink to generate and since they were nerfed, will be destroyed quickly, leaving said charger very vulnerable to attack. I also doubt that the devs put the variants in the 2.6.0 update after the fiasco last year where all the weapons and maps were leaked not long after the launch. Speaking of which, the Sloshing Machine Neo was going to have the Sprinkler and Inkzooka when it was still just a codename rather than a fully finished weapon, so even if this is legit it doesn't mean they'll stay with these sub/special sets. Not long now until the 1st set release so we'll find out soon enough. I'll be waiting on Triggerfish rather than Saltspray despite the pun since Saltspray sucks. If this is real, I'll most likely jump into Triggerfish's water because Nintendo can't keep information off the game until they're ready to release it :p

Edit: Just came across a post on Reddit that pointed out that the Sploosh is not actually correct. It's called the Tomato Neo Sploosh-o-Matic, which is incorrect, definitely throws this into a whole new perspective, since that weapon would have to be called Tomato Sploosh-o-Matic for this information to be correct.

Last edited:

electraheart

Senior Squid
NNID
howalive
charger with a splat wall would be really bad for people facing off against it. god, if this is true, why would they ever do that.......

nzap with a splat wall sounds interesting tho?? bc usually high fire weapons don't really need splat walls and rely on run speed up but

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
My opinion about the mentioned rollers:

Honey Splat Roller/Disruptor/Inkzooka : Disruptor is pretty cool, can't help but think of many situations Splat Roller can use it. But I don't feel like trading Kraken for Inkazooka.
Carbon Roller Au Lait/Squid Beakon/Bubbler: This is one pretty different Beakon set, a Carbon with Bubbler, but still feel hard for me to use it.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
The lack of a Hydra, or any splatling for that matter REALLY peeves me. . .
I'm still leaning towards BS, but who knows, I may be deeply unhappy with the turn out of this.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I think the excitement of new weapons hasn't worn off for me, I'm happy enough to just look at the names and imagine what they'll look like without even considering strategy.
The NZAP looks fun, both NZAPs are pretty fun to use, and I'm interested in learning Splash Walls a little more.
Looking forward to both the rollers, though I'm a bit puzzled as to how a Beakon/Bubbler would work. (but then, I don't get Beakons well anyway, so I guess I'll have to learn!)

But the complete absence of splatlings is really surprising, they seem like the most under-used class.

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
Have they announced when in April we should be getting the weapons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom