Potential leak revealing all the new sheldon's pick weapons

drwatson

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2514-7147-4516
Even though this is probably fake, a Dual Squelcher with Bubbler is exactly what I have been wanting.

Also, if it's real, we could end up getting a Vol. 3 that includes all the weapons that have been mentioned to be missing.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
As much as I want that Potato Splash-O, I have to agree about those lists being suspect. Especially the Vol. 2 one because of the "Tomato Neo Sploosh-O-Matic". Why would they buck the naming trend that the Berry Pro, Wasabi Splattershot and Fresh Squiffer started? It doesn't really have an excuse like the Bamboozler 14 Mk III continuing the trend of its two predecessors. Also, yeah, no Splatlings. Pretty suspect if you ask me.

inb4 Nintendo confirmed for April Fool's Scrublords.

Still, if those weapons do become a thing, I already have some fanart in mind for the Potato Splash.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
The Dual Squelcher does add more disbelief to the "leak". These weapons are meant to be fun color variants of current weapons.... But the Dual Squelcher is already red. If the Cherries Dual Squelcher is real, I would imagine it would probably be some sort of pink. It still doesn't make sense though. It wouldn't make it stand out like the others. I mean... A yellow Slosher is pretty stand out from the pink one. A pink Squiffer stands out from the typical blue one. The Cherries, based off its name, wouldn't at all stand out from the other Dual Squelchers because it would have to be pink or red and it just doesn't fit with the theme of the weapons.

I never noticed the whole thing with the Sploosh to be honest. It does give even less credibility though. I know that people are probably going to say these are just "translation errors" but there have been far too many "translation errors" in this leak. The fact there have been so many and people may say there's more gives even less credibility to it. Someone wouldn't post a leak and not ensure that it was correct.

At this point, I think it is very safe to say that this "leak" is definitely fake. Still hoping for that Echo/Burst Bomb brush and another Splatling. :P

JFL

Senior Squid
NNID
AldricJFL
ls there even a source or is it just some random guy on the internet pulling the list out of his uh, "3d printer"?

Because l'm pretty sure data miners like nwplayer already said they couldn't find the weapons, so it'd mean this leak would have to come directly from a Nintendo employee, which sounds very unlikely.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
The Dual Squelcher does add more disbelief to the "leak". These weapons are meant to be fun color variants of current weapons.... But the Dual Squelcher is already red. If the Cherries Dual Squelcher is real, I would imagine it would probably be some sort of pink. It still doesn't make sense though. It wouldn't make it stand out like the others. I mean... A yellow Slosher is pretty stand out from the pink one. A pink Squiffer stands out from the typical blue one. The Cherries, based off its name, wouldn't at all stand out from the other Dual Squelchers because it would have to be pink or red and it just doesn't fit with the theme of the weapons.

I never noticed the whole thing with the Sploosh to be honest. It does give even less credibility though. I know that people are probably going to say these are just "translation errors" but there have been far too many "translation errors" in this leak. The fact there have been so many and people may say there's more gives even less credibility to it. Someone wouldn't post a leak and not ensure that it was correct.

At this point, I think it is very safe to say that this "leak" is definitely fake. Still hoping for that Echo/Burst Bomb brush and another Splatling. :p
also the splash-o-matic is already potato colored :/

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
There doesn't seem to be much point in faking this when we should have official info soon anyway, afterall they said vol.1 is releasing this month, though still nothing strangely, what's up with that!? Of course that could just be part of the faker's plan to make this more believable so who knows!

After seeing that Slosher (it needs Splat or Suction Bombs, not Sprinkler dangit!) and the lack of Splatlings (though yeah they're already very good), I'm hoping this is fake, but at the same time, the new Inkbrush, Splat Roller, Dual Squelcher, and N-Zap sound super hype!

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
Soooo it's April... now I'm not saying this needs to come out tomorrow but Nintendo pls, I'm dying over here ;__;. Has this leak been debunked yet? I'm surprised it wasn't the day after April fools to be honest. We need someone to break the silence on this dlc like now.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Soooo it's April... now I'm not saying this needs to come out tomorrow but Nintendo pls, I'm dying over here ;__;. Has this leak been debunked yet? I'm surprised it wasn't the day after April fools to be honest. We need someone to break the silence on this dlc like now.
I've been checking the splatoon tumblr and japanese twitter everyday hoping they say something. Still nothing.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I've been checking the splatoon tumblr and japanese twitter everyday hoping they say something. Still nothing.
I too have been checking both sources everyday waiting for some kind of announcement, I've even gone to the Nintendo Twitters checking for news. I have noticed that Splatfest has been delayed (Japan should have had last week and EU/NA this weekend), which is definitely a sign that they're waiting to release volume 1 before they do the next Splatfest. My guess is they are still testing the weapon combos, and are still subject to change in case they don't suit the weapon or are verging on being too powerful for the type of weapon. They also need to come up with fitting names for all the weapons (Europe needs many translations since it has British English, French, Spanish, Italian, German etc.).

It's also the 6th April, so we have 24 days where these weapons can release. My personal bet is that they'll release next week (possibly on Thursday, since that's when the e-Shop updates). That'll be the 14th April, so the Japanese could have their Splatfest announced this week for the 16th, and the West have the announcement on the 16th for the 23rd. Alternatively, it could be that Japan have their Splatfest on the 23rd and the EU/NA one takes place on the 30th (last day of April). Either way the weapons will release in a week or 2, approximately in the middle of the month.

HypernovaSoul

Semi-Pro Squid
Assuming these are all real, some sound like really awesome additions. Curious how a roller with Disruptors would play out, could make for some interesting flank potential. And Bubbled Carbon...I can't decide if that would be wonky or horrifying. Could be a light speed death machine, but could also be super easy to push back given how short range Carbon is. An Inkbrush with Burst Bombs + Bomb Rush sounds too good to be true lol, it's literally what brush users have been specifically requesting on forums, etc. for ages now. The one kit that could finally break me away from Octo.

Ugh...chargers shouldn't have Splash Walls imo, that sounds like an incredibly broken combination. :confused: Basically unstoppable unless you can set up a from-behind flank. Though I'm of the opinion that Splash Walls suck up too much damage in general and really, really should not exist in certain kits. I understand they're defense-focused, but Jesus...they're supposed to be plastic barriers that splash, not cast iron barricades with 500 HP. But a few people make good points, some of these kits sound awkward / broken and some of the names...Potato Splash-o-Matic...? Lol. :p I wouldn't necessarily doubt this being fabricated leak. But who knows.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Assuming these are all real, some sound like really awesome additions. Curious how a roller with Disruptors would play out, could make for some interesting flank potential. And Bubbled Carbon...I can't decide if that would be wonky or horrifying. Could be a light speed death machine, but could also be super easy to push back given how short range Carbon is. An Inkbrush with Burst Bombs + Bomb Rush sounds too good to be true lol, it's literally what brush users have been specifically requesting on forums, etc. for ages now. The one kit that could finally break me away from Octo.

Ugh...chargers shouldn't have Splash Walls imo, that sounds like an incredibly broken combination. :confused: Basically unstoppable unless you can set up a from-behind flank. Though I'm of the opinion that Splash Walls suck up too much damage in general and really, really should not exist in certain kits. I understand they're defense-focused, but Jesus...they're supposed to be plastic barriers that splash, not cast iron barricades with 500 HP. But a few people make good points, some of these kits sound awkward / broken and some of the names...Potato Splash-o-Matic...? Lol. :p I wouldn't necessarily doubt this being fabricated leak. But who knows.
Keep in mind it's :disruptor: + :inkzooka:, just let that idea sink in for moment! Based on the :wst_roller_brushmini01: I'd say the new Carbon wouldn't be great, you'll get pushed back by everything else in :bubbler: mode and it's not the greatest or safest inkspreader for specifically charging it to give to your teammates. Atleast the sub is better, but you're still gonna have the same problem of not being able to do much while the enemy team has field control whereas other Carbon variants have :burstbomb: and :seeker: for pressuring from a distance and creating ink paths for rushdowns.

Honestly I think the Seagull Splat Charger would be fair. It's special is the :inkstrike:, which is definitely the reason why the vanilla :wst_shot_explong00:, :wst_shot_long00:, and Heavy Splatling don't see much play compared to their alt version or even in general really. This is also a regular Splat Charger, not the more frequently seen Scoped variety with it's superior range. Lastly, the :splashwall: could be a bit redundant on a weapon that has the range to be in safe spots most of the time anyway, and you're probably only gonna get two maybe three charged shots off after throwing one on a full tank. Not gonna lie though I'm kinda hoping it becomes real!

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
So many sexy shooters. I wanna try the Squelcher, Sploosh, N-Zap, Splattershot Pro, Splash, and definitely wanna give the Slosher and Inkbrush a whirl too! (provided these are true..)

On the subject of believability, I think they seem likely. To those saying Potato is an odd weapon name, it is, but this is Splatoon we're talking about. I'm not sure anything would surprise me. And its pretty Japan of them to name weapons things like Potato, Tomato, and au lait. Potato is a very cute sounding word spoken in Japanese. And I can't tell you how many times I see Japanese players with silly names like Potato, Egg, Eggplant, Milk Tea, Doutor (the donut shop), etc.

Anyway, yeah, gotta wait till the official announcement of course. So can't get my hopes up too much. But it's hard with a handful of potential new mains in there!

On a final note, N-Zap 07 is gonna be soo sexy if its what I think it is:
Wii_Zapper.jpg

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I'm glad this is fake, means there's still a chance for that Slosher and the H-3!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom