• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Private Battles: All Are Welcome

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
UPDATE: I'm no longer the contact person for this group, please contact @Ansible if you'd like to join it.
UPDATE: We now have a discord group. PM @Ansible if you'd like to be added to it.

Hey there.

Is anyone up for some private battles? A group of us (@Award, @Reila, and some people off-site originally, a lot more people now) have been playing private battles on the weekends and wanted to see if anyone else would like to join in.

Q&A

What ranks are you looking for?
Rank and experience level really don't matter. As long as you enjoy Splatoon and want to practice some of the ranked modes without worrying about losing rank points, you're welcome to join. The plan is to evenly distribute people based on rank to keep things pretty balanced, so it's totally fine if you're not a pro. I'm not exactly a great player myself, haha.

How big is the group?
Right now it's about 25-30 people, but there's not really a limit to how many people we'd like to have be part of it. Since people have different schedules and conflicts and stuff, we're always happy to have more people. Worst case scenario, we can just have a couple lobbies going at the same time or have two different groups or something.

When do you play?
So far we've played on Friday and Saturday nights, usually at around 7:30 p.m. CT (about 12:30 UTC). There's not really a set schedule at this point though, so if those days and times don't work for you, feel free to let us know and we should be able to work something out. People in the discord group also play at all sorts of different time, so it's totally fine if the weekend sessions don't work for you.

Is there a commitment?
No. We usually set up private battle sessions through the discord group and our group PM here. You can feel free to drop in and out whenever.

What do I do if I want to join in?
Just post in this thread or PM @Ansible for an invite link to the discord server. If you're not on discord, feel free to let us know and we can keep you in the loop via PM.

Last edited:

trevar

Full Squid
NNID
blahmin027
I would love to join. I'm currently deranked atm because I decided S+ was 2 good and needed some downtime in S. But I would love to join, my NNID is blahman027 and discord trevar#1814

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
I would love to join. I'm currently deranked atm because I decided S+ was 2 good and needed some downtime in S. But I would love to join, my NNID is blahman027 and discord trevar#1814
Sounds good, I added you to the group PM. We don't have a day and time set for private battles this week yet, but we'll probably play on Saturday night if that works for you.

HudhairA

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Hudhair
I'd like to join. My NNID: Hudhair
I hope you all use skype.
Thanks! :)

silvR1995

Inkling
NNID
silvRboLt1995
Hope y'all are good with the "bottomest" of bottom-feeders wanting in on this.

NNID: silvRboLt1995

I'm free pretty much all the time. :)

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
Hope y'all are good with the "bottomest" of bottom-feeders wanting in on this.

NNID: silvRboLt1995

I'm free pretty much all the time. :)
It's totally fine if you're not a pro. I mean, I'm definitely not one. Plus, I try to balance the teams based on rank and apparent skill level/experience so things can be fair and everyone can have fun.

I added you to the group PM. The plan is do some private battles starting at 7:00 p.m. (eastern/UTC -5) on Saturday. If that doesn't work for you, feel free to let me know and we can try to work something out. There are enough people in the group now that we can probably do private battles more than once a week, so if you're someone who has more free time in the afternoons than in the evenings or who lives in a different time zone, we should still be able to accommodate you.

Blainefunk99

Inkling
NNID
Blainefunk99
Wouldn't mind me joining would you? I'm currently S rank but I'm about to rank down because these people are too good for my skill level I think, but I'd love to practice with you guys!

Nnid: blainefunk99

sonicboomvip

Inkling
NNID
nanasupersmsah
I would like to join
im new to this forums things but not to splatoon and i love the game im a bit rusty i did not play alot for the past months but i just wanted to play with other players and my NNID:nanasupersmsah
and anything that would help me in this site would be helpful tell me
and i dont like voicechat

Last edited:

sonicboomvip

Inkling
NNID
nanasupersmsah
could we change the time to like 1:00 PM if we could
PS:if you guys cant can we make it a lot earlier or by a bit
sorry if this is a bit hard to do

Posso

Senior Squid
NNID
Minty_Blaziken
I can't play splatoon until the 16th due to exams, but I'll drop my nnid and come back when I'm ready. NNID: Minty_Blaziken. I was also wondering if it would be possible to set up a discord group alongside PMs since people could use VC as well as have faster messaging.

sallyeah

Inkling
NNID
sallyeah
I wish to join in as well, Babycowland. I am...kind of lonely to keep seeing myself pitting against Japanese players. And even though I want to ask them to be Inkpals, we won't understand each other.

I like Private Battles of any kind; at least something to take off my rage in losing my S Rank. But I can get back to that rank eventually. Mine is GMT+8, so I am 14 hours ahead of you. Usually I play on Sunday, so if I play in the morning, I can catch you guys online.

I have Skype. I can send you a private message of my Skype name if you accept me to join in and have fun. My NNID is sallyeah, well same as my username in this forum for easy identification, haha.

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
Wouldn't mind me joining would you? I'm currently S rank but I'm about to rank down because these people are too good for my skill level I think, but I'd love to practice with you guys!

Nnid: blainefunk99
You're more than welcome to play with us. FYI, I just added you, so look out for a friend request from BabycowLD.

I would like to join
im new to this forums things but not to splatoon and i love the game im a bit rusty i did not play alot for the past months but i just wanted to play with other players and my NNID:nanasupersmsah
and anything that would help me in this site would be helpful tell me
and i dont like voicechat
I don't like voicechat either, so you'll definitely never be required to do any of that while you're playing with us. I sent you a friend invite.

could we change the time to like 1:00 PM if we could
PS:if you guys cant can we make it a lot earlier or by a bit
sorry if this is a bit hard to do
That's okay. How does Sunday afternoon work for you? We have enough members where we could probably do two private battle sessions a week, one on Saturday night and one on Sunday afternoon or something. Either way, I think we should be able to work something out.

I can't play splatoon until the 16th due to exams, but I'll drop my nnid and come back when I'm ready. NNID: Minty_Blaziken. I was also wondering if it would be possible to set up a discord group alongside PMs since people could use VC as well as have faster messaging.
I'm not very experienced with discord, but I went ahead and set up a discord group. It's going to be text chat only. If you would like to join, feel free to PM me. Also, if anyone has any tips for how to use discord effectively for this stuff, I'd be happy to hear them, since I'm pretty clueless with it, haha.

Oh yeah, I just sent you a friend invite too.

I wish to join in as well, Babycowland. I am...kind of lonely to keep seeing myself pitting against Japanese players. And even though I want to ask them to be Inkpals, we won't understand each other.

I like Private Battles of any kind; at least something to take off my rage in losing my S Rank. But I can get back to that rank eventually. Mine is GMT+8, so I am 14 hours ahead of you. Usually I play on Sunday, so if I play in the morning, I can catch you guys online.

I have Skype. I can send you a private message of my Skype name if you accept me to join in and have fun. My NNID is sallyeah, well same as my username in this forum for easy identification, haha.
Not having friends to play with isn't very fun, yeah... I've definitely been there before. Anywho, I'd be more than happy to play with you. Time zones can be a bit tricky, but I think we totally should be able to accommodate you. I sent you a friend invite just now.

Dragonblaze123

Inkling
NNID
Dragonblaze123
Hey, I'd be interested in playing with you guys sometime. Gets me away from the matchmaking grind all the time :p
I'd also be interested in joining your Discord, if that's okay

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
Hey, I'd be interested in playing with you guys sometime. Gets me away from the matchmaking grind all the time :p
I'd also be interested in joining your Discord, if that's okay
I added your NNID just now. I also sent you a PM with the discord link, so be on the look out for that.

May I be a part of this awesome group? NNID is YeahExactly.
Sure thing, I sent you a friend invite. Would you like to be added to the discord group as well?

Swiss_Squid

Full Squid
Hi there. I got forwarded over from a very nice person named Ansible. I would like to participate in the event when it happens again. My NNID is Jett_Berger and I can private dm you my skype if necessary. My discord is Calamari#0814. All my information about the game is in my description and I am currently A rank level 42.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom