• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

PROJECT: Stage locations in the world of splatoon

Starcrusher5Game

Full Squid
NNID
Starcrusher258
Inkopolis metro exposed! We found that while there's several places to access the different play modes, all of them connect to the Splat Line, a metro system that carries all Inkling teams across the country. Even if they're not playing in the same match, Inklings from all areas of Inkopolis can make friends while waiting to reach their destination.- Squid Research Lab\
Found another clue kinda...

Starcrusher5Game

Full Squid
NNID
Starcrusher258
Inkopolis metro exposed! We found that while there's several places to access the different play modes, all of them connect to the Splat Line, a metro system that carries all Inkling teams across the country. Even if they're not playing in the same match, Inklings from all areas of Inkopolis can make friends while waiting to reach their destination.- Squid Research Lab\
Found another clue kinda...
UPPPPDDDDAAATTTEEE!!!!!!
I think I found Port Mackerel from Moray towers!!!!!

Those arcs in the background to the far left near the sea? Maybe those are the cranes from the stage!

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
UPPPPDDDDAAATTTEEE!!!!!!
I think I found Port Mackerel from Moray towers!!!!!

Those arcs in the background to the far left near the sea? Maybe those are the cranes from the stage!
port mackerel.jpg

port mackerel 2.jpg

yup. they're definitely there. i took this screenshot yesterday. i'm surprised i haven't seen this yet. this is so freaking helpful. i might need to check back on some of my hammerhead screenshots to see if i spot this as well.

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
I remember sitting on the saucer that floats in Octo Valley and I was trying to pick out areas but I couldn't pick out any notable ones.
Maybe I didn't have the eye for it at the time

sammich

Inkling Cadet
this is a bit tangental, but keep in mind that in the japanese version the names of stages are a little different (and somewhat more specific as to the actual usages/relevance of the locales):

moray towers are actually supposed to be a parking facility of sorts (tachiuo parking),
kelp dome is a farm/processing plant for making a seaweed derivative (mozuku plantation)
bluefin depot is actually a coal mine (negitoro coal mine)
almost irrelevant, but mahi mahi resort also has a spa (mahi mahi resort & spa)
of the new stages, piranha pit is also a kind of mine (shotturu/"fish sauce" mine)

also:
urchin underpass's japanese name is suspected to be a reference to nintendo's actual location (10条, or 10th street in kyoto). the japanese name is "dekaline"/"decaline" -- deca/deka is suspected to be like the greek word for '10,' and line is supposed to refer to the kanji that means street/road/line.

it may be overly complicated, but i'm wondering if ancho-V games might be located off of that same street.

Last edited:

Wiebenjijzeg

Full Squid
NNID
Syrnis
Ohh, this thread is definitely interesting! :D
Good luck finding clues and linking map pieces together!

Legofan613

Inkling
NNID
Legofan613
Based on all the information on this page, there weren't that many stages left to account for. I think Inkopolis looks something like the attached PDF. Just a couple of things I'd like to note:
  • The dashed lines and red arrows symbolize that parts of the map aren't to scale. The distance between the dashed lines is much larger than shown. Thus, Bluefin Depot and Saltspray Rig are, indeed, the farthest from Inkopolis, as Nintendo has confirmed. Likewise, Octo Valley seems to be pretty far from Inkopolis, hence those dashed lines.
  • Moray Towers, Port Mackerel, Piranha Pit, Museum d'Alfonsino, and Camp Triggerfish all show mountains in the background, so they could technically be anywhere on the mountain range shown. Given the fact that Port Mackerel is both on the river and near Moray Towers, it seems that those two locations are accurate. That still leaves Piranha Pit and Camp Triggerfish, whose locations could be swapped and still accurate based on the information we have. The museum could also be anywhere on the mountain range; I just assumed it was fairly close to the city. (Camp Jellyfish is the other camp that can be seen from Triggerfish.)
  • Likewise, Bluefin Depot and Saltspray Rig could be anywhere on the river; I just put them in a random place on it.
  • That tower that resembles the Tokyo Sky Tree? It's also in the background of Walleye Warehouse. Look through the sky light right in the middle of the image. Not my picture.
350px-Walleye_Warehouse1.png

• "Octo Bridge" is the second bridge we've seen in the pictures, so named after the link 2xDair brought up. It looks more similar to the one in Blackbelly Skatepark, hence its location closer to the skatepark.
  • Kelp Dome could theoretically be anywhere. However, if you look closely, there are mountains in the background. Since on what's on my map the eastern side of the mountains is mainly city, it made sense that the country location of Kelp Dome would be the other side of the mountains.
  • Mahi-Mahi Resort literally has nothing to go on, so I put it in a remote corner of the map, still closer than the depot and rig.
  • That leaves Flounder Heights and Urchin Underpass, both of which are in the middle several buildings, thus their close location to Inkopolis plaza.
  • The rest of the locations on the map are true to what's been mentioned in the preceding posts. If you've gotten to this post without reading the rest of the thread, something's wrong with you.
And that's that. Tell me what you think. :)
And just in case anyone pulls out their inkzookas thinking that I did a horrible job: :bubbler:

Attachments

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Please, no one here did a horrible job .Every idea here is greatly appreciated and welcome any all of them i love the way you made the map, it's a lot better than what i could ever do. Now first of i would like to apologize for not being as active as i can, i have been really busy these past few days with christmas and my birthday was yesterday. Now, on to some new findings. Looking through hammerhead bridge again i actually found something really really interesting. I can now make a 100% guaranteed connection between inkopolis plaza, arowana, hammerhead, moray towers, blackbelly and port mackerel.
take a gander at this hammerhead screenshot:
WVW69itUhewNu32YxO.jpg

this spot with the oil tanks is found on the other side of where the ferris wheel lies (which is the side of inkopolis and arowana). these oil tanks, and the tower on the far right can also be seen in port mackerel as shown here:
WVW69iqRaTINOrV-4q.jpg

the tower in the first screenshot is seen on the left here and the oil tanks can be seen as well. with this information, i was able to update the first sketch i made. i added a few more details as well (still ugly though).
splatoon map.png

I 've also added approximate shape,size and the octo bridge that was mentioned.
Based on a recent interview with the developers, it is possible to put all the stages in one cohesive map. they even have a sketch of such a thing themselves. i want to see it so bad. we also have confirmation that saltspray and bluefin are far away, but reachable via train. so that could help with finding out where they lie. to end this off, i just want to give a big thanks to everyone who's shown support and love for this little project.
@Legofan613 i really really love the way you made the map. it's really well done and put together.
i'd also like to add that my sketch is merely based on findings that are 100% confirmed. welp, have a happy new year everyone and once again, thanks a lot ;)

Last edited:

ThunderRazor

Inkling
NNID
ThunderRazor
This is awesome. I'm sure there will be some NIntendo artwork that fills it all in sometime down the road.

Legofan613

Inkling
NNID
Legofan613
Something that just came up: In today's Stage News for Moray Towers, Callie asks, "Hey, does that highway go over Urchin Underpass?" to which Marie answers, "I hope so! I love that map!" Not a definitive "yes," but it's as close as you're going to get from these squids.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
The background images of the outside of maps makes me wish we could have played in those areas as well (Such as the obstacle course by Camp triggerfish/ the outer area outside of the skatepark and underpass/ the rows of warehouses outside of Port Mackerel/ the Ferris wheel/etc.)

Ancho-V has some windows and you can see through the fans but I haven't taken the time to try and look through them.

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
"Also the bridge seen on Blackbelly looks nothing like hammerhead. But it’s just speculation afterall." When you first receive the news the Hammerhead bridge is playable, Callie and Marie tell you that it is still under construction, that they haven't finished it. Maybe the part of the bridge seen in Blackbelly was the part being remodeled.

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
Sorry about the all capitals, I think it had something to do with when I copy pasted the title of that nintendo video

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
But I still think you (Legofan613) did an awesome job with that map of Inkopolis, it helped to have a good visual of this huge world.

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
In the video that nintendo released, Nintendo Direct Presentation - Splatoon Game Overview (5/7/15) skip ahead to 18:10 and he says Octo Valley exists underneath Inkolpolis
isn't it that specifically the stages in the kettles are underground? if you pay attention, all the octo valley stages have fake "skies", made up of TV screens. whereas the hub world (where you enter the stages) appears to have an actual sky. i don't know how it could manage that if it was underground.

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
Electric poles can be seen going through all three of these maps and i was able to find out where flouder and triggerfish lie in relation to each other but not to the plaza
You are able to locate the angle of Inkopolis Plaza based on the sky tree tower and ferris wheel, right? Also in Inkopolis plaza, you can see an airplane flying above you. This same airplane can be seen flying above the training center. Assuming that the training center is located somewhat behind the Ammo Knights shop, you can locate the direction the the telephone poles are traveling in.

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
isn't it that specifically the stages in the kettles are underground? if you pay attention, all the octo valley stages have fake "skies", made up of TV screens. whereas the hub world (where you enter the stages) appears to have an actual sky. i don't know how it could manage that if it was underground.
Oh.......yeah. Nintendo was probably trying to throw us off sort of like Scott Cawthon and the hundreds of FNAF theories

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom