• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

PROJECT: Stage locations in the world of splatoon

Maave

Inkling Commander
Do you guys think I should change my profile pic, or for the sake of making things easier to keep track of, leave it the same.
It would help me, at least. I remember people by their avatar before I remember the username. Anything that isn't a stock avatar would be fine.

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
It would help me, at least. I remember people by their avatar before I remember the username. Anything that isn't a stock avatar would be fine.
That's what I was thinking, I'm going to leave it the same.

Edit: I actually did change it

Last edited:

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
New theory, you guys might not believe it but here me out. Upon looking at Leronne's screenshot's (BTW how do you get those? you said something with Miiverse, but I don't use Miiverse enough to know how to screenshot). Anyway, I was looking at Leronne's screenshots and I noticed something that could posccvsibly solve the mystery of the octo bridge.
Leronne's Scrrenshot.png

Do you see it? Look again.
Leronne's Screenshot Zoomed In.png

Top left is the sky tree. Okay, whatever, skeptical cat demands proof. But how can this be when we know that the sky tree lies not west of inkopolis tower+plaza, but the sky tree lies south of the inkopolis tower+plaza. (Queue the X-Files theme song, or Illuminati theme song, depending if you are fact or fiction). There are two different sky trees! Now, if you've read this entire thread, you'd know that I already said that. But this time, I actually have proof! Now this explains why the bridge seen in blackbelly looks nothing like hammerhead, or any thing next to hammerhead. There is a river that leads into the bay. Blackbelly is alongside that river, same with arowana, otherwise you'd be able to see hammerhead in arowana. I'm going to post a new map later today, r tommorow, depending on yur time zone.

Edit: After further speculation, cancel the two sky tree theory

Last edited:

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
New theory, you guys might not believe it but here me out. Upon looking at Leronne's screenshot's (BTW how do you get those? you said something with Miiverse, but I don't use Miiverse enough to know how to screenshot).
If you go to miiverse in the middle of a game (not in an online match mind you), it gives you the option to screenshot what's on your TV or your gamepad. You can then go to your miiverse account on a computer or phone and save the screenshots from there.

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
Why does it always take me two days to create a map? The world will never know... Pink is mountains. Note that Arowana Mall is next to sky tree #1, not #2.
Master Map of Inkopolis.png

Still four cities that I didn't name, I named the one on the island Albatross, because Albatross is ocean-related and sounds cool. Obviously the one containing Inkopolis plaza is named Inkopolis City, but there is a river separating Inkopolis City in two, so, I think they qualify as separate cities. Then there is the one containing moray and mackerel. Then the one across from it as we see the two bridges form moray leading to another city. Then there is the one behind bluefin depot. I think the entire area should be called Inkopolis, not just one of the six cities called Inkopolis. Still have not found the exact locations of museum d'alfonsino, kelp dome, piranha pit, and mahi- mahi resort.

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
Just one more off topic thing, but if you haven't seen any trailers or gameplay from the upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild you absolutely must. It's just, amazing.

Last edited:

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
I would guess that Museum d'Alfonsino is around the area of Arowana Mall. I think our best bet with Mahi Mahi is to A) Look for it in the background of other courses B) Assume that it is too far away to be near inkopolis and put it in a random location of the world. Working on Kelp Dome and Piranha Pit...

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
When I finally went to go finish single player mode, I had to play through the level with the octostriker in urchin underpass. But when I got up to the saucer at the top, I noticed some things. For one, you can't see anything that could possibly resemble moray towers in that stage. Although there is the fact that Callie and Marie said that the underpass might be under the highway in moray, which is a big clue. Two, I saw the telephone poles from sheldon's training plaza, flounder heights, ancho-v games, and camp triggerfish. Now if you don't believe that ancho-v and flounder lie close each other, check out the telephones poles. In both stages, they rise from the same type of tree. A detail that I think nintendo would only include on purpose. Now I did re-think my theory about walleye warehouse and ancho-v sitting right next to each other, since you can't see any other warehouses next to ancho-v, and you can see two warehouses on either side of walleye. So now I will continue my search for walleye in the background of other maps, since the background in walleye is vague. So we're looking for three side by side warehouses with glass dome roofs. Still nothing on Mahi-Mahi. But back to urchin underpass. You can see mountains in the background while standing on the saucer. Some of which appear to be the ones from triggerfish, others have the Yosemite half-dome-ish feel to them, like the ones in piranha pit. Further speculation will be needed, but until then, I will release Inkopolis Master Map 1.0.2.

P.S.- Still nothing on the whereabouts of Museum d' Alfonsino, I am having internet trouble where the TV is located, and can't play on any online stages. So I'm limited to battle dojo and octo valley. (also this is my 50th message on this thread :))

Last edited:

Maave

Inkling Commander
I forgot about single player. Are there any other above-ground maps? There's the intro level which is on the edge of Inkopolis. No superjumps on the level to look around with though (the jump at the end ends the level, no good view)

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
There is the fact that Callie and Marie said that the underpass might be under the highway in moray, which is a big clue.
Also, apparently there is a glitch in which if both Moray Towers and Urchin Underpass are playing at the same time and you jump off of Moray, you will, according to the glitch, fall down onto Urchin Underpass where you will instantly be splatted.

I've always been interested in this thread, it was a great idea. Happy to help! ^^

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
Also, apparently there is a glitch in which if both Moray Towers and Urchin Underpass are playing at the same time and you jump off of Moray, you will, according to the glitch, fall down onto Urchin Underpass where you will instantly be splatted.

I've always been interested in this thread, it was a great idea. Happy to help! ^^
Wow. I didn't know that. Thanks!

The Meme Lord

Inkster Jr.
NNID
gravityfallsboy
Wow, I would first like to say that what you guys are doing is pretty cool. I might try to explore Port Mackerel and/or Blackbelly Skatepark to find something. Also, small detail, but I'm willing to bet the cargo at Walleye comes straight from Port Mackerel.

The Meme Lord

Inkster Jr.
NNID
gravityfallsboy

I have a theory that the building in the top left of the image on Moray Towers is Walleye Warehouse. Both are in a similar-looking city, so it could be another place on the map. If it isn't that specific building, one of the buildings in the area is very likely to be Walleye.

The Meme Lord

Inkster Jr.
NNID
gravityfallsboy
Here's my list of where every map is located so far-
Urchin Underpass-Just outside of the city Moray Towers is located (which I will now refer to as Moray City). Somewhere near Hammerhead Bridge.
Walleye Warehouse-One of the many buildings in Moray City.
Saltspray Rig-Somewhere in the middle of the large river dividing Inkopolis and Moray City. River could expand into a large ocean.
Arowana Mall-Located near Mahi Mahi Resort (the beach area look similar on both maps). In Inkopolis City.
Blackbelly Skatepark-Outside of Moray City. By the dividing river.
Port Mackerel-Outside Moray CIty. Near the ocean where Saltspray Rig is located.
Kelp Dome-Not enough detail to pinpoint it's location.
Bluefin Depot-Outside of Flounder Heights, at the ocean.
Moray Towers-In the heart of Moray City.
Camp Triggerfish-Remote area, though power lines might connect it to Flounder Heights.
Flounder Heights-Near Bluefin Depot. Power lines connect it to Camp Triggerfish.
Museum d'Alfonsino-No notable locations found.
Mahi-Mahi Resort-Outside Inkopolis, somewhere near Arowana Mall.
Ancho-V Games-As I look out the windows of the building, I can't find any familiar landmarks.
Piranha Pit-Seems to be pretty remote from the other areas in the game. Could be closest Camp Triggerfish, looking at their remote locations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom