• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

PROJECT: Stage locations in the world of splatoon

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
Off topic, but do you want to know why Spike wants so many super sea snails? He eats them. To the left of him you can see empty shells, and to the right you can see his next victims, shivering with fear.

Posso

Senior Squid
NNID
Minty_Blaziken
Off topic, but do you want to know why Spike wants so many super sea snails? He eats them. To the left of him you can see empty shells, and to the right you can see his next victims, shivering with fear.
This is also evident in pirahna pit. If you leave spawn and go down the huge conveyor to the huge open area, on the barbecue you can see super sea shells.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
This makes me fantasize about how amazing Splatoon would be as an action adventure 3D platformer like Super Mario Sunshine. Those maps all connected with all these different parts of it to explore, it's a nice thought. The unique style of this game and its locations have so much to offer, and a shooter doesn't do that justice.

Anyway, kudos for making this and getting this far with this project. I'm not just impressed but I really appreciate the effort put in this project.

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
Sorry that it took so long to post this map, I said I would post it yesterday, but never did. I was practicing with Hydra Splatling. Anyway, I found more interesting things than I stated before. First of all, if this is correct, we could possibly only have three maps left to go. So there are some clouds in sheldon's training room that look exactly like the ones in flounder heights (well, and mahi-mahi resort), insanely similar. Second off, the telephone poles (Leronne found this). But I was playing around in Ancho-V games, squid jumping, when I saw these same telephone poles standing above the same type of trees seen in flounder. This was big news. But then I noticed that the roof of ancho-v was a glass half cylinder shape. The same kind of roof that walleye warehouse has! I quickly went to the battle dojo to check, and sure enough, walleye warehouse is surrounded by two other warehouses with the EXACT same type of roof. So here is the new map I've created, just of the telephone poles. (Pink is mountains)

P.S.- I'm sorry if my constant posting has been annoying (I mean I practically filled a whole page with just my comments) but I've had an insane amount of free time since summer started, so I'm investing it in this thread.

Attachments

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Note: i'm doing this in parts because there is a limit on how many pictures i can do per post
1/6

Inkopolis Plaza, training room:
while looking at the telephone wires, i found out that the training room actually isn't behind sheldon's shop. check these screenshots out.
inkopolis plaza, great zapfish.jpg traning room, great zapfish.jpg training room, great zapfish 2.jpg
the zapfish's face is looking to the right, and in the facility you can see it's face head on. so it's to the right of inkopolis plaza from when you first start.
so the training with inkopolis is something like this (again, using ms paint and basic shapes 'cause i suck at this.
inkopolis, trainin room, telephone wires.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulk

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
2/6

Inkopolis plaza, training room, flounder heights, camp triggerfish
the one you made is basically the one i had in mind @KoopaTroopa64, i'm just gonna add inkopolis plaza to it as well.
so yeah, we all know the drill. Telephone poles running through the plaza, flounder and camp.
Triggerfish, telephone poles.jpg Flounder, telephone phones.jpg Training Room, telephone poles.jpg
in the training room it's possible to see that the wires kinda curve and go upwards, the way you made it koopa, so this is the sketch i came up with.
inkopolis plaza, training room, flounder heights, camp triggerfish.png

Last edited:

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
3/6

Saltspray Rig, Bluefin Depot and Piranha Pit (maybe)
Bluefin is obviously on the other side of inkopolis to the left since it's right next to a lighthouse and a lighthouse can be seen on hammerhead and i think i might also know where Piranha Pit is. in bluefin, you can see this wooden tower with a wheel, and i think that wheel belongs to the giant saw in piranha pit. i have to check it out again (really wish i could do recon on maps even when not in rotation).
Bluefin, Lighthouse.jpg Hammerhead, Lighthouse.jpg Bluefin, wheel.jpg

i still think Saltspray is by the bridge on the Inkopolis side.
Hammerhead, saltspray brige.jpg
second sketch.
Saltpspray Rig, Bluefin Depot, Piranha Pit.png

Of course they're much farther apart from each other then this sketch shows.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
4/6

Moray Towers, Urchin Underpass (maybe), Port Mackerel
pretty much already did this one, so just adding a sketch with where i assume urchin underpass is since urchin has a highway on it and moray towers is one of the only stages where you can see a highway. (will add urchin screenshot later)
Moray Towers, Port.jpg Port, Cranes.jpg Port, facilities.jpg
sketch:
Moray Towers, Urchin Underpass, Port Mackerel.png

Last edited:

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
5/6
Maps with no clear cut clues.

Kelp Dome: Can only see a large valley with trees and mountains, but no real pattern.
Walleye Warehouse: In the middle of a city, but no clue as to where.
Ancho-V Games: Same as walleye.
Mahi-Mahi Resort: You can see the sea, and an island in the distance, but its hard to make out what that island is.
Museum D'Alfonsino: you can see that it's on the coast and some buildings, but nothing familiar. I gotta check back on this one since i forgot to take screenshots.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
6/6

Full Sketch.
Most of the stage locations so far..png
i started having second thoughts about the octo bridge. i don't know, it just doesn't feel like it really belongs there, but that's just me.
BTW i could've posted this sooner, but i binged two full netflix series (jessica jones and the new voltron series) and that tired me out a lot more than i thought it would o_O

Last edited:

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Thanks for doing this. Very interesting. I'm going to try to explore Walleye and Ancho-V a bit more when I get a chance.

Also, Jessica Jones was exhausting, for sure. At least with Daredevil there is a sense of hope and you trust Daredevil to do what's right (most of the time). Jessica Jones is a trainwreck...and you can't look away.

Lance17

Inkling
This is so helpful! Thank you for the images and sketches. I can't find where Ancho-V Games, Museum D'Alfonsino, Walleye Warehouse, Kelp Dome, and Mahi Mahi Resort are but now i know where Flounder Heights, Urchin Underpass, Moray Towers, and Saltspray Rig are. I am still doing research to find them but I will look at this forum a lot. Keep posting your ideas.;)

Mains: Luna Blaster Neo, .52 Gal, Dynamo Roller,

Lance17

Inkling
@KoopaTroopa64 you posted a picture on page 2 and there were dome shaped buildings. Maybe one of the buildings could be Kelp Dome?

Last edited:

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
i started having second thoughts about the octo bridge. i don't know, it just doesn't feel like it really belongs there, but that's just me.
Same, I was feeling like this (picture below) I think we should accept the bridge in blackbelly as the original design of hammerhead. Or, maybe... we're just looking at that tower from a different angle than seen in hammerhead. Map coming shortly, but I don't entirely think that would work, so maybe we should stick with the blackbelly bridge really being the original design of hammerhead.

Attachments

Last edited:

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
After all that Leronne said, I think I will re-design my master map of Inkopolis, to the updated version 1.0.1. I will hopefully have posted it by the end of Tuesday. Further speculation might be needed for piranha pit. (Keyword: might)

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
Do you guys think I should change my profile pic, or for the sake of making things easier to keep track of, leave it the same.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
You can play a game with a group of people that you friended on wii u, you can choosse the map and mode
But i can't take screenshots (with miiverse) if i do that. Of course i can still see the maps, but i'd prefer the screenshots to really focus on them.

Do you guys think I should change my profile pic, or for the sake of making things easier to keep track of, leave it the same.
It's your profile, you can change it if you want

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom