• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Promotional Splatfest Video Released: New Information On Splatfests!

If you weren't excited enough for the first ever Splatfest in Japan, here's something else to keep things fresh until it begins! A pre-Splatfest video has been released featuring music from Squid Sisters; Callie and Marie. The video shows off what look to be new maps, shows how Inkopolis and stages look at night, give previews of Splatfest shirts for the three currently announced upcoming Splatfests, and more!

"We have released the PV for the upcoming Splatfest this weekend. We want the fishes and flounder...no wait, squids and jellyfish to dance lively. The song, paradise is where the heavens sing and you listen, but everyone may know it as "Salted fish (entrails) time."
- SplatoonJP (Thanks to PushDustin for the Tweet Translation!)

There is currently no information as to if what looks to be new stages will be coming to the game alongside the patches. The original Tweet announcing the video can be found here. For more information keep tuned in to Squidboards and be sure to stay fresh!

Edit: More exciting news! It seems we know the loyalties of the Squid Sisters in the Rice vs Bread debate. Callie seems to prefer Rice, and Marie looks to prefer bread. But while the sisters may have their preferences, in the end the freshest players will decide!

Last edited:

Comments

So, that was 4 new maps in the trailer i think, the 3 that were teased in the original direct and the more urban one. Totem poll one shown very briefly, depot, dome, and the urban one.

This looks AWESOME! :D I get the feeling i'll be spending a lot of the time in Splatfest in the hub, dancing with the other inklings xD

I'm very excited for the new maps, and hopefully the "night effect" become a permanent thing, not just reserved for Splatfest. I would love to see it as a real time thing, changing between day and night depending on your Wii U's clock.

Just. So. HYPE!!!! :D Also, Marie looks hilarious in that bread pic. Her expression is just "my bread o.o " xD

I'm waiting to see how NoA kiddifies this since they're hell bent on marketing this exclusively to 10 year olds and under

European and Japanese ads are very all ages whereas America has had ads which emphasise the childish elements of the game. It's been covered more eloquently by other people than myself but watch any other countries Splatoon ads and you'll feel the difference in tone. Maybe that works for America but as a non-American it seems like a misfire

So now we know the name of a squid sister song - THAT song is called 'Salted Fish Time' - pretty awesome that they are going to name their songs.
else my music list would be "squid sisters 1, squid sisters 2" and so on.

European and Japanese ads are very all ages whereas America has had ads which emphasise the childish elements of the game.
The advert in the UK is basicly the japanese one but with an english announcer. which im glad about. (the city being covered in ink)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom