• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

PSA: Online Hacking has been confirmed, unfortunately

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
I feel like I'm the only person here that likes PM. Sure on the outside it looks like vandalism, but on the inside, its doing things right. I feel this hacking problem can only be solved with one solution. We move the problem to a custom server. That way we'll be able to still love and play normal Splatoon, while modders well be playing on a modded server. Please tell me you understand.
Tell us how to go about creating this custom server, O great cephalopod.

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
I feel like I'm the only person here that likes PM.
No you don't, and aren't. I love PM. Anyways, I think we should do it in private rooms, like what NWP said. I wouldn't be surprised if they added in protection soon, which will inevitably extend into private lobbies. Besides, modifying the game and setting up a private server is harder than you think.

Kowai Yume

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kowai_Yume
Really, I'm not worried about hackers. The only thing I'm worried about is the hacking scene getting too big and having Splatoon's version of LAMObox.

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
I'll probs release the specs for the Aerospray Pro once I tweak it some more. Little too much range (currently set at 70 and 15BPS), and damage needs tweaking, It's meant to be super powerful at close range but the farther out you go the less damage it does so at max range it probably takes 15-20 hits to kill, but like 3-4 at point blank.
There's even a special param for that, mDamageMinFrame, which is basically the number of frames from being shot until it's mDamageMin. Shoots pretty much straight as an arrow though (mDegRandom is at 3° and mDegJumpRandom for when you're shooting and firing is at 8°), and can cover a lot of ground since mCreateSplashNum is at 4.0 so it can have a maximum of 4 splashes from one blob. Makes for easy turf coverage (why I need to tweak it and the range a bit).

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I hope this won't affect too much stuff in the long run for the online scene.

With that said, there will be hopefully tournaments and locals to help satisfy playing with other people fairly, but yeah missing the ability to play a quick random battle would be a huge loss.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Hahah, I don't know, I find it kind of funny~
And at least this hack is in good, and friendly hands.

Flips

Inkling
And at least this hack is in good, and friendly hands.
- Youtube comment section -

The Python Gamer: teach me how to do the stuff dat u did in ur other videos.. plz
NWPlayer12345: I would if I could, most people can't use this.
(...)
NWPlayer1234: And because the stuff I'm using we're keeping to a small private group of people until it's good and ready to be released.

Mr.HawK

The Artist
- Youtube comment section -

The Python Gamer: teach me how to do the stuff dat u did in ur other videos.. plz
NWPlayer12345: I would if I could, most people can't use this.
(...)
NWPlayer1234: And because the stuff I'm using we're keeping to a small private group of people until it's good and ready to be released.

what... no WHY WOULD YOU RELEASE IT TO OTHER PEOPLE? That will do noting but ruin the fun for others who just want to playu the game ffs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom