[Public Release] Splatools

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
I found another bug. Using Opening Gambit, two main abilities Run Speed Ups, and seven sub-abilities for Run Speed Up results in an error. Same issue with Swim Speed Up, with the same amount of main and sub-abilities.

Also, another bug with Last Ditch Effort. Applying multiple Ink Saver (Sub)s results in the percentage going down to 74% than 75% after two main abilities and seven sub-abilities are applied. Same issue with Ink Saver (Main), although it is 59% to 60% instead. Ink Saver also has an issue where it changes from 1.79s to 1.8s.

In the Damage Calculator tab, Damage "up" should be capitalized for consistency.

As for other ideas you could implement...

• Making a pure equipment set is a little tedious. If there was a way to simply apply the same stackable ability to all the slots, that would help out a lot. Currently there is clicking all the slots and selecting the ability one by one, or using the Gear Database and applying abilities from there.
  • Also, in the Skype Simulator, each slot opens the same box at the bottom, but it can be confusing to determine which slot was selected. If there was some indication of which one was selected, it would save a little bit of time doing calculations. In Gear Stats, it is easier to determine which slot was selected by the box that pops up on the slot.

Last edited:

Leanny

Senior Squid
NNID
Leanny
I found another bug. Using Opening Gambit, two main abilities Run Speed Ups, and seven sub-abilities for Run Speed Up results in an error. Same issue with Swim Speed Up, with the same amount of main and sub-abilities.

Also, another bug with Last Ditch Effort. Applying multiple Ink Saver (Sub)s results in the percentage going down to 74% than 75% after two main abilities and seven sub-abilities are applied. Same issue with Ink Saver (Main), although it is 59% to 60% instead. Ink Saver also has an issue where it changes from 1.79s to 1.8s.

In the Damage Calculator tab, Damage "up" should be capitalized for consistency.
Thank you, I fixed it. About the other stuff, I have to think about how to add it, thank you for these ideas.

JoshDaBoss27

Inkster Jr.
If there could be an online version that would be great b/c I have had some really bad experiences downloading uncommon files from the internet even when it seems reliable.

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
What formula are you using for swim speed up + ninja squid?

I guess what I mean to ask is how exactly are your calculating it.

Leanny

Senior Squid
NNID
Leanny
What formula are you using for swim speed up + ninja squid?

I guess what I mean to ask is how exactly are your calculating it.
*0.9 for Ninja Squid. That's what fits best right now with my test data.

Leanny

Senior Squid
NNID
Leanny
Just released 0.95 with Spanish + Italian translation and EN (US) as default language. Next I'll fix some stuff VideoGameVirtuoso told me about and add a build compare mechanism. Anything else you want to see ASAP? Just tell me :D (An online version will be released soon~)

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
I found some issues in the Gear Database. Every piece of equipment past the Roasted Brogue has their equipment name incorrect, and as such, their abilities are also incorrect. That sums up six footwear with various names.

Some ideas to add into your next update(s):
  • In the Effect Calculator, the list should reflect how you present your stackable abilities in other tabs. For example, in the Spyke Simulation tab, the abilities in order are Damage Up, Defense Up, Ink Recovery Up, etc. Currently the list in the Effect Calculator says Quick Super Jump, Special Charge Up, Swim Speed Up, etc. This list is also present in the Gear Database tab, in Show Ability.
  • It would be nice if the Effect Calculator automatically displayed data when you open the application, instead of reselecting the current ability, or clicking the Calculate button to reflect that.
  • Sorting weapons by TTK (time to kill) would be a great addition. If you could, another option to sort weapon TTKs with Defense Up applied would also be beneficial.
  • In the Spyke Simulation tab, being able to remove abilities by right-clicking, like in the Gear Stats tab, would be convenient and helpful.

Last edited:

Leanny

Senior Squid
NNID
Leanny
I found some issues in the Gear Database. Every piece of equipment past the Roasted Brogue has their equipment name incorrect, and as such, their abilities are also incorrect. That sums up six footwear with various names.
Thank you. 3 of them got fixed yesterday, but the other 3 were new to me. Thank you! (The headgear is analog to the shoes)
Some ideas to add into your next update(s):
  • In the Effect Calculator, the list should reflect how you present your stackable abilities in other tabs. For example, in the Spyke Simulation tab, the abilities in order are Damage Up, Defense Up, Ink Recovery Up, etc. Currently the list in the Effect Calculator says Quick Super Jump, Special Charge Up, Swim Speed Up, etc. This list is also present in the Gear Database tab, in Show Ability.
Done.
  • It would be nice if the Effect Calculator automatically displayed data when you open the application, instead of reselecting the current ability, or clicking the Calculate button to reflect that.
Done.
  • Sorting weapons by TTK (time to kill) would be a great addition. If you could, another option to sort weapon TTKs with Defense Up applied would also be beneficial.
Coming soon. First I'll add the weapon database with all the information needed, then I can calculate the TTK.
  • In the Spyke Simulation tab, being able to remove abilities by right-clicking, like in the Gear Stats tab, would be convenient and helpful.
Done.

Thank you for your feedback. I'll upload the newest version later today (first have to complete the new Tab).

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
I kind of wish the abilities were listed by name. I'm guessing they are listed by how they are ordered in game or so.

Leanny

Senior Squid
NNID
Leanny
I kind of wish the abilities were listed by name. I'm guessing they are listed by how they are ordered in game or so.
In the current uploaded version they are ordered by the gameID. In my current version they are ordered by "how I like them to be ordered" (xD). I can add an option to sort the abilities by name if you like.

Leanny

Senior Squid
NNID
Leanny
Updated to .96 Gal . You guys can now have fun with some randomness. I also fixed some stuff @VideoGameVirtuoso mentioned. I also added the option to sort the names of the abilities, but this messed the initial order up, so sorry if the order of the abilities is more random then before. I will fix this when I find a good workaround for it. (Maybe I'll just reorder the order of my images.)

For the next version I will include more translated texts in generall (have to play the game in 7 languages to do this xD) and add the option to store local data (preferences, gear, ...). I even consider adding a weapon database in the next version (or 0.98 the latest) since I have holidays now.

(Also I might think of a way to add pure equipment more easily. If you have any idea on how to add it and make it useable without chaning the layout of the window to much, feel free to tell me!)

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
Thank you for the ability sorting.

Well this is awkward but for the next release could you also make it possible for brands to be sorted alphabetically?
In fact anything that can be sorted via the alphabet.

Last edited:

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
I found another bug, due to the ability sorting function added. In Gear Stats, all the parameter names are incorrect, when either sorted ascending or descending in the alphabet. In order to solve this issue, those parameters need to change along with the sorting function, or, the Gear Stats can stay static, but with correct alphabetization.

As for pure equipment, right clicking an ability in the prompt should work well when selecting any slot. You just need to disable that for exclusive abilities, like Ink Resistance Up. Instead, for those exclusive abilities, it should always change the main slot when the right click has been used.

Another idea to add into Splatools is comparing percentages in the Effect Calculator. For example, if I wanted to compare Run Speed Up with 3 main slots, and Run Speed Up with 2 main slots, the percentage difference between the two could be shown.

Last edited:

Leanny

Senior Squid
NNID
Leanny
I found another bug, due to the ability sorting function added. In Gear Stats, all the parameter names are incorrect, when either sorted ascending or descending in the alphabet. In order to solve this issue, those parameters need to change along with the sorting function, or, the Gear Stats can stay static, but with correct alphabetization.

As for pure equipment, right clicking an ability in the prompt should work well when selecting any slot. You just need to disable that for exclusive abilities, like Ink Resistance Up. Instead, for those exclusive abilities, it should always change the main slot when the right click has been used.
Fixed and added. When you select the main ability and make a right click, you get a pure set. If you right click while on a sub ability, you just fill the subs with the ability.

Thank you for the ability sorting.

Well this is awkward but for the next release could you also make it possible for brands to be sorted alphabetically?
In fact anything that can be sorted via the alphabet.
Added.

• Also, in the Skype Simulator, each slot opens the same box at the bottom, but it can be confusing to determine which slot was selected. If there was some indication of which one was selected, it would save a little bit of time doing calculations. In Gear Stats, it is easier to determine which slot was selected by the box that pops up on the slot.
Added.

Just released Splatools 0.96b. Same as before, but with bugfixes and added everything from the recent update that I found.

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
Alright, a few minor bugs. In the Spyke Simulation tab, for sub-abilities, you can select Bomb Sniffer, which is reserved only for the main slot.

Another bug is the first equipment in the Gear Database. The name should be White Headband, not Basic Tee.

That is all I noticed so far, keep up the good work Leanyoshi :)

Leanny

Senior Squid
NNID
Leanny
Alright, a few minor bugs. In the Spyke Simulation tab, for sub-abilities, you can select Bomb Sniffer, which is reserved only for the main slot.
Fixed.
Another bug is the first equipment in the Gear Database. The name should be White Headband, not Basic Tee.
It's clearly a Tee. Can't you see this xD? As well as the Cream Basics! These shoes are also a Tee! (fixed). Just uploaded the fixed version. I hope that these are all bugs so far, thank you for your feedback :)

Leanny

Senior Squid
NNID
Leanny
Merry Squidmas, guys!
I updated Splatools to 0.97 an we are getting close to v1.0! This time I added the feature to have more tabs in Gear Stats!

This can be used to compare some sets. Also I added the option to save every tab at once (right now you can't save a single tab, it's all or nothing) and the option to load them. I hope you like it!

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
Merry Squidmas, guys!
I updated Splatools to 0.97 an we are getting close to v1.0! This time I added the feature to have more tabs in Gear Stats!

This can be used to compare some sets. Also I added the option to save every tab at once (right now you can't save a single tab, it's all or nothing) and the option to load them. I hope you like it!
This is all nice, but I believe you forgot to upload it on your main website :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom