[Public Release] Splatools

Leanny

Senior Squid
NNID
Leanny
Dang it, sometimes I hate git. I commited but not pushed... I'm not at home right now, so I can't push it, but you can download the latest version also here. Sorry for that.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
All right, took a look at the Gear Abilities feature. Saving and Loading works fine, but when I try to reset it shows this error instead:
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Windows.Forms.TabPage' to type 'ControlCollection'.
   at Splatools.SplatoolsGUI.ResetBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1063.1 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Splatools
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/josep/Downloads/Programs/Splatools/Splatools.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Thankfully, it doesn't crash and I can still change my abilities as normal, but I thought you would like to know about this.

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
I found a small amount of errors, plus the one JSK found.
  1. In the Effect Calculator, there is an extra period within the brackets. For example, (+30% per shot.).
  2. The weapon damage seems to be inaccurate marginally. For example, the E-Liter 3K (charged) is 179.99 damage instead of 180, where it was in earlier versions. This issue applies to various weapons.
  3. The Calculate button is redundant. The only way it can be used now is by pressing Reset and then pressing Calculate right after, which is at best accidental.
Since I am talking about redundant buttons, you could also have Spyke Simulation's Calculate button redundant if abilities inserted into the slots are calculated as they appear, in a very similar manner to the Effect Calculator. This could help players understand the odds of getting two of the same sub-abilities if their brand is neutral, and their re-rolling luck is extremely poor, a little quicker, among other useful calculations.

That is all I got, thank you for all your hard work Leanny :)

Leanny

Senior Squid
NNID
Leanny
All right, took a look at the Gear Abilities feature. Saving and Loading works fine, but when I try to reset it shows this error instead:

Thankfully, it doesn't crash and I can still change my abilities as normal, but I thought you would like to know about this.
Strange... It worked during my first testing and now it's broken again... @@ I'll look into it.

I found a small amount of errors, plus the one JSK found.
  1. In the Effect Calculator, there is an extra period within the brackets. For example, (+30% per shot.).
  2. The weapon damage seems to be inaccurate marginally. For example, the E-Liter 3K (charged) is 179.99 damage instead of 180, where it was in earlier versions. This issue applies to various weapons.
  3. The Calculate button is redundant. The only way it can be used now is by pressing Reset and then pressing Calculate right after, which is at best accidental.
Since I am talking about redundant buttons, you could also have Spyke Simulation's Calculate button redundant if abilities inserted into the slots are calculated as they appear, in a very similar manner to the Effect Calculator. This could help players understand the odds of getting two of the same sub-abilities if their brand is neutral, and their re-rolling luck is extremely poor, a little quicker, among other useful calculations.

That is all I got, thank you for all your hard work Leanny :)
Alright, I'll remove the button, try to find out why he does not round the values and remove the extra periods. Thanks!

Leanny

Senior Squid
NNID
Leanny
Okay, I fixed the rounding issues and the reason for the crash on reset. I'll change the stuff with the redudant button and the extra periods after I'm back from my holidays, since they are not THAT crucial. Happy new year, squids, the next big update will come in the new year :D

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
I forgot to mention something else.

It would be nice to right click the sub-abilities in Spyke Simulator to change them into triples as well. Now that I think about it, I do not use it for anything but finding out those odds.

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
Anyway for it to save options? I can't think of any reason I would not want everything sorted alphabetically but if I close the program I have to reset it.

Leanny

Senior Squid
NNID
Leanny
Will be added next version. I just put it on my ToDo list :) (it will take some more time, this time I try to release something that is not so easy to crash xD)

Last edited:

Bronze

Inkling
NNID
mountainboat
Major complaint is that on computer text sizes not on 100%, the tool is not usable as I can't resize the window, or the window won't adjust itself for the larger text size.

Aside from that, once I changed over my size it works well.

Smychavo

Full Squid
NNID
llantonino
Oh boy oh boy, I'm gonna enjoy this tool mostly for the Spyke simulator. Thanks

Leanny

Senior Squid
NNID
Leanny
Alright, I'll add this. I have one more week and then I have some freetime to finally work on it again :)

Raiden

Inkling
NNID
Raidus
wow, this tool seems to be a lot of work for you... but it surely is inkredible and amazink. keep up the great work^^ i'll spread it to all my friends

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
What the heck is the text box for at the bottom?

Was trying to make the window larger to remove the scrollbar and noticed it.

Leanny

Senior Squid
NNID
Leanny
I'd like to know myself xD I look this up

Edit: it is called "magicBox" and should do some behind the scene jobs that are hard to do without some tricks. I used it for something that is not done in the current version and forgot to make it invisible

Last edited:

Z_Boy

Inkling
NNID
CosmicBoy
Thanks Leanny for this simulation tool!
It's allowed me to check a fear I have about the Traditional Headband: the total impossibility to have a shiny gear because I rerolled for 500+ times (ingame) and never got the 3 same of any abilities; with Splatools, as for the 500th roll, I got 3 or 4 perfect roll. I don't understand what's happening... maybe the Famitsu gears cannot be shiny?

Leanny

Senior Squid
NNID
Leanny
Thanks Leanny for this simulation tool!
It's allowed me to check a fear I have about the Traditional Headband: the total impossibility to have a shiny gear because I rerolled for 500+ times (ingame) and never got the 3 same of any abilities; with Splatools, as for the 500th roll, I got 3 or 4 perfect roll. I don't understand what's happening... maybe the Famitsu gears cannot be shiny?

It can ^^ But it is pure luck....

Z_Boy

Inkling
NNID
CosmicBoy
Yeah I just saw that; because I got nothing for the first 500+ rolls and got 4 during the 300+ next ones!

But I want to be sure; more I get failed tries, more the chances to get that I want increase? Even if I save scum?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom