• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Quad-splats

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
A quick search didn't turn up anything like this in the past few months, but feel free to report/delete this if it's misplaced.

So this thread is sort of an offshoot of The Bragging Thread with a fairly obvious theme. Have you ever had all four opponents listed at the bottom of your screen due to taking them out in rapid succession? On multiple occasions? Or have you at least single-handedly swept the opposing team with a short interval between them, even if they weren't all displayed as one? In which mode(s) did it occur? I'd like to hear about any stories. Of course, I'm partly making the thread for my own benefit...

I've got two stories myself, although one is second-hand. That concerns my younger sister, who only plays very casually but enjoys the Inkbrush and Splatterscope. On one occasion in TW, she was able to grab the attention of the entire enemy team and started escaping by running with the Inkbrush Nouveau. She placed an Ink Mine when she had a little distance from the enemies and, as it transpired, all four of them were in its blast radius as it went off!

On one occasion playing RM in Urchin, either in an A+ or S room, I was in a fairly dominant team; we were in the final section before the enemy podium and were probably going to win whatever happened here, but naturally still wanted to make the push and dunk the thing. I had the fortune of being the carrier at this time. I was backed against the corner that's at the end of the right-hand wall if looking from the enemy spawn point. All four of them pulled off a very well-co-ordinated rush, however, and my entire team was taken out... except I was a little removed from the action and was left standing, charging up my shot. I went for it - and, beautifully, all four enemies were in front of me and within the pillar's path. So I was the last player standing and just waltzed up to the newly-painted podium.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I can't really remember the specifics of a given match, but I've gotten a couple quad-splats during the opponent's final overtime push in Tower Control matches. You know, when they're swarming the tower desperate to take the lead. Roll a splat bomb in there just right and its night-night for those squids. Haha. I should say, tri-splats doing this are much more common but the few times I've gotten the whole squad this way have been purely magical.

Jei-Cos

Full Squid
NNID
JeiCos
Only once. It was really awesome, but I can't see myself ever being able to pull that off again lol
..I was doing a super jump, and I was using the Krak-On Splat Roller, and the thing to do just in case is to aim down and fling ink where your about to land in case someone's waiting for you and hope you splat them, and I do it at the right time so that my roller hits the ground right as I'm landing. I've done it enough as I main that Roller, so I do it A LOT..Yea..All 4 of them were waiting for some reason and I got them all in one hit because they were so close to each other that they all got hit from the center of the roller.
It was awesome. But like I said, I know that'll never happen again lol

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I've actually got several quad splats. Some from psychotically smashing people with my roller when they're all close together, and some from inkzookaing the other team.

When I used to use Krak-On I quad splatted a few times too with my Kraken.

Ahhh :')

Rabite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cboyd1987
Playing in C rank splat zones it was just nonstop triple and quad splats. You could even just throw up a splash wall and a couple people would inevitably just walk directly into it. I like to refer to these kinds of players as "octoling npcs".

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I was doing a private battle a few days ago with some friends. We were playing Rainmaker on Flounder Heights and I tossed a bomb as soon as they popped the shield. I ended up splatting the first two. Threw a second bomb and splatted the second two in rapid succession. It was hilarious and I don't plan to let them forget that lovely little moment for quite some time. xD

I remember another match where we were playing Rainmaker on Hammerhead Bridge. I was using the Octobrush Nouveau and activated the Inkzooka.... Killed three people in one shot and killed the fourth in a second shot. They were apparently all running down the bridge at the same time. :P

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Gonna re-tell what I posted in the Bragging Thread.

The map was Kelp Dome, my weapon the Heavy Splatling. I'd been having some success with it earlier in the day, and this match started off as no exception. My team secured a big lead early on, but as the match went on we started to lose our grip on that lead, the other team slowly gaining control of the map. The last minute arrives, and the other team was fully poised to make a comeback; to wit, they managed to knock out everyone on my team, one at a time, squid by squid.

30 seconds left on the clock by the time we all respawned. I was the last one up, and I headed left from the spawn to combat the enemy squid that was harassing one of our guys at the entrance there. I revved up a full charge, waltzed out from behind cover and fired away. Down went that squiddo... and the next... and the rest of 'em. For some reason they all decided to pile onto that entrance, and they paid dearly for it. With them out of the way, our team was free to retake a substantial portion of lost turf, allowing us to take back the lead and win the match.

Now I brag a lot, mostly about minor things, but I honestly think this was my finest hour.

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
Once I had a match on tower control and my team was really struggling to take the lead as every push was picked off before we could get far enough. I had recently learned of the ability to super jump while in Kraken form and felt I should try it out. Just as my last teammate was about to die on a push I activated Kraken and jumped to the tower. To my surprise I landed straight into a quad kill on the tower which allowed us to push into the lead and secured a victory.
At the time I was S rank making the fact that the entire enemy team was on the tower more surprising as I'd expect some cautiousness at that level.

With that being said, Kraken jumping is a really effective strategy on tower control.

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
I have done this a few times.

With the H3. At Blue Fin Depot in Rainmaker. I get up the enemy teams side and they take my team out. Rather than retreat, I plan to fight instead. I toss a Suction Bomb anticipating one of them to jump on to it, but two of them do. I shoot the other two and wipe the team. It wasn't all at once, as the two from the bomb were re-spawned by the time I got the 4th one down, but I got 'em all myself.

Also with the H3. Tower Control at Ancho V Games. My team and I are making our last push. I take out a Splatterscope just as my whole team gets wiped. The other 3 enemy squids are coming from above as we're nearing their goal point. I was sure I was dead, so I tossed a bomb on to the Tower and waited. One Squid jumps down, I jumped and shot him dead, landing back on the Tower just as the other two jump on and die by bomb. Again, all 4 names didn't appear at once, but I wiped them all myself. We won from that play as it was OT.

Ott

Inkster Jr.
Their whole team was getting the Rainmaker at the same time. I had a charged Inkstrike. All of them were so focused on the Rainmaker that they didn't see the warning, and I got all four. Proudest moment of my Splatoon career.

NeoSeth

Senior Squid
I got a quad on Museum about a week ago right at the start of a Splat Zones match. Charged in with the CJS, took control of the center platform and quickly splat their charger with a Burst Bomb + single shot (Bomb Range Up is da best) and picked off a Tentatek who had been going to the side of their raised platform. Dropped down on another short range shooter and took him out as I fell, then caught their blaster user trying to escape another teammate of mine and finished him off. We gained control of the zone and I promptly DC'd. -_- I was at S 12 before that and de-ranked (And re-ranked!) later that day. Dang it, Nintendo.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
Mode: Zones Stage: Walleye Weapon: Refurbished Mini Splatling Account: Alt
It wasn't an official wipe, but it did happen. I was to the side of the zone and activated burst rush, then charged in to get control. There was one by the side boxes, so I took him out, and injured one next to the center tower. I then proceeded to pick him off and take the others out as they jumped off their sniper box. It wasn't an "official" wipe, but I got them all and finished 7-0 in a one minuted knockout.

Juhlel

Inkling
can't appreciate the occasional wipes I pull off cause it can't stop my team from throwing the game.

AlsoDededork649

Pro Squid
NNID
DARandall4711
I've gotten consecutive quads wayyyyyyy back (like a few months ago) Mahi-Mahi Rainmaker, I was Krak-On with my Kraken. Got 3 Kraken kills going up to the podium, leading the way. Got a flick kill when I turned back. The Rainmaker died after I got 2 more kills (this is B- on an alt). I grab the Rainmaker, the all are respawning (2 died to the bubble pop, but weren't my kills). As I swam up, charged the shot, they all jumped down into my giant blast. Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit dunked on

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
Just got a Quad Splat on Mackerel Rain Maker with the H-3 D. First squid was fighting me, I landed a burst. Changed position and found another one. Burst gain. The third tried to fight me. Burst. The last squid tried to run. Cue Alex from Street Fighter III's "You can't escape" and he went down. Someone came back to life, so I pulled out the Inkzooka and shot them dead again.

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
I got a Quad in the Splatfest just now. It was Underpass, and I had my Kraken special ready, and activated it with around 15 seconds left in the match. We had being destroyed that game. I splatted one squid, turned around and splatted two others, and the last one tried to run, but he got splatted as well. I wish I had been recording. It won my team the game.

Deathwish

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Keena_Ironweaver
This wasn't exactly "splatting," but I did manage to push 4 squids off a tower with the kraken special over the water on our side at Camp Triggerfish before they could take the lead. I squid-jumped to a teammate who managed to hop on before getting splatted. Though I fell into the water too, at least I managed to break their control and they had no way of jumping back anywhere close. XD

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Damn. I got another quad this evening, this time on Urchin Underpass with the regular Inkbrush.First I'd snuck up on one of them, a Carbon Roller noob, but then found myself targeted by a Refurbished Mini Splatling. Anticipating a quick death, I began to swim away, only to be distracted by a Super Jump marker. So I instead hid in a patch of ink nearby, getting the guy as he landed. By this time the Refurbished Mini became distracted fighting one of my teammates: an ample opportunity for a surprise attack, which I did successfully. Then, as I start to ink up their base, I notice that some guy was Super Jumping to the Mini. You can probably guess what happened next.

It's not the most climactic quad splat ever, seeing as two of my victims were Super Jumpers, but still...

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I was able to get a quad splat with the Permanent Inkbrush recently. I killed the first two the almost immediately grabbed the second two without ever using the Kraken. I'm...not sure what happened? o_O The taunting little twirl I did after getting the quad was entirely necessary seeing as how the opposing team just got wiped out by an Inkbrush. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom