• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Random Players and their amazing inability to Squid Jump.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
It's worth noting that Jumping is the best way to sustain a spawn trap. So long as one of your team is staying slightly behind, you can pretty much keep up sustained pressure.

Some maps like Moray are laid out such that one teammate can hide in a corner and make a safe place for a few others to jump to, then ambush the other team from behind. I've lost many a game because of this.

JetSquidRadio

Inkling
I actually tend to seldom use squid jump mostly being bad things happen when I do it. I more often use it in Ranked stuff. I'm used to just walking it back because on the way back I can do some damage control, and see where my team goes because sometimes being a separate straggler can be better rather than have the whole team get destroyed because of squid jumping. But that's just me.

Hawk

Inkster Jr.
I never use the super jump unless I'm sure my teammate it's on a safe spot. What good can I do by getting killed again instantly?
Maybe it's a good idea to get stealth jump or lots of swim speed for ranked matches but I don't know.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
These are all rather good arguments, but I still find it rather odd that often I find that people would rather goof off somewhere else and leave me by myself in enemy territory as if they were thinking "Eh, he could probably fare well on his own, he's the Rainmaker after all!"
Usually your team isn't goofing off but rushing to the middle to mount a defensive if you are on the enemy side and surrounded in their ink (You most likely will die before we get there and if we all super jump to you they will have wiped the entire team out-the most dangerous thing in Rainmaker.) Even in rainmaker/tower control if I decide to super jump, then I usually jump to someone who isn't on/carrying the objective because I know the opponents eyes will be on them for sure and will see me/kill both of us.

IxaVerse

Senior Squid
NNID
Uselessguy12
I only have a few gripes with super jumping. One it can lead to your spot being discovered when you're waiting for the opponent to come out which kinda sucks because you both die, jumping into the middle of the map is a dumb decision because you'll pretty much die in a matter of seconds, and there was this one time where this guy feed me to a Kraken so I have trust issues.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
If anything, you should be complaining about people super jumping to base for safety.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If anything, you should be complaining about people super jumping to base for safety.
What if they're trying to stop the Inkbrush that ran past everyone from repainting your side? o_O

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I rarely Super Jump. It usually doesn't end well for me when I attempt it.
I know I may be annoying my teammates and I apologize if I did, but it's far safer for me to just swim.

Shig

Inkster Jr.
NNID
OkidoShigeru
I rarely Super Jump. It usually doesn't end well for me when I attempt it.
I know I may be annoying my teammates and I apologize if I did, but it's far safer for me to just swim.
I think as you play more and build up some more experience you'll start to get better at recognizing when is a safe time to jump, and when when is a bad time to do so.

In Ranked, sometimes you just gotta risk it, especially if your team is pushing for a win in Tower Control or Rainmaker, or if the timer is running into overtime.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I think as you play more and build up some more experience you'll start to get better at recognizing when is a safe time to jump, and when when is a bad time to do so.

In Ranked, sometimes you just gotta risk it, especially if your team is pushing for a win in Tower Control or Rainmaker, or if the timer is running into overtime.
Thanks for the tip. Yep, I'm new at this game. And from watching my brother play this game, ranked is pretty chaotic.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I won't complain about people withdrawing to ensure someone doesn't splat them BEFORE they can launch their inkstrike, as I am a Brush Ninja and have done that to my enemies, in particular once on Kelp Dome I did it to THREE members of the enemy team in the middle in rapid succession.

All that Brush training pays off.

the Gay

Inkling
I'm very much a frontline player, but jumping rashly to the frontlines isn't always the best decision. It may be strongly advisable when wearing Stealth Jump gear or in Tower control, as most of the focus is on the tower anyway.

But I see what you mean, there is usually SOMEONE somewhere on a better location than frontlines, and many people still don't jump to it. The only reasons to start swimming are when you've got a brilliant ambush opening or when your enemies are so close that you need to splat them near camp.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
What if they're trying to stop the Inkbrush that ran past everyone from repainting your side? o_O
Yeah, I meant to say that on two conditions that:

1) If you're in a tought spot, save yourself and jump.
2) random enmy squid rolls into your area.

Either then you save yourself some trouble.

I won't complain about people withdrawing to ensure someone doesn't splat them BEFORE they can launch their inkstrike, as I am a Brush Ninja and have done that to my enemies, in particular once on Kelp Dome I did it to THREE members of the enemy team in the middle in rapid succession.

All that Brush training pays off.
I meant to complain to the ones who DON'T do it for safety. I have started to see some people (rarely) do it when cornered but usually they will hide thinking I will just ignore that one patch that is there. It never works; people will always catch you out (often unwittingly).

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
I got hit with a Disruptor in the centre of the Flounder Heights and was like "well I'm screwed" and then I remembered, "I can Squid Jump to safety!" and Squid Jumped to the base and survived the ordeal.

I was proud of myself for living to splat another day. (Or minute.)

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
This should be renamed "Random Players and their amazing ability to Super Jump" because I seriously got juked out by guys who super jumped back to spawn like 20 times yesterday. I now know the secret to survival- Quick Super Jump.

dapperlace

Pro Squid
I only super jump to someone if they're not on the front lines. People who super jump to front lines are such easy targets, and I make a point of taking them out myself. Why would I want to take that risk?

If a team is so good that they splatted us all, the best thing to do would be to sneak up on them and take them out, not give our locations out and then waste even more time by getting ourselves splatted again. Super jump isn't always a time saver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom