Random Question No. 2: New weapon ideas?

Which of my ideas would you prefer?

• Total voters

Neko :D

Senior Squid
Pronouns
She/He/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-3356-5161-8137
I have been thinking (for like 2 seconds) about this, and I have come up with some okay-ish ideas.

This one I stole from something I saw online- Dualie Brushes (See Below)
Screenshot 2024-07-26 123902.png

I imagine you would swing them like a brush in a specific motion (X motion maybe?) And they deal about as much damage as regular dualies. The special could be Zipcaster and sub might be Torpedo. The range depends on what kind you own.

Another half-idea I had was mini rollers. I don't have a picture to describe what it would look like and I suck at art sooooooo, you'll just have to imagine it :D. Anyway the roller works like a roller, but covers less area when your actually moving. When you fling ink at people, it would be a small area, but deals quite a bit of damage.
I really want to hear other ideas from you guys, and think about how I wish those weapons really did exist. Maybe they will next Splatoon.....
:Runs frantically towards nearby person:

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
i've always wanted a backline splatana, where its vertical slash is slow to charge and has an insanely slow travel velocity, but will one-shot if it collides with someone and goes extremely far. it could have a much shorter range horizontal that 2-shots at the cost of a very slow firerate. it's what i assumed decavitator would be based on the internal name of "heavy sword" before it was shown off. could be a very versatile area-denial backline that has unique counterplay strategies, since i feel like the weakness of slow shot velocity could be really interesting if it were exaggerated to an extreme. i guess it'd kinda turn out like a bloblobber that's focused more on killing than painting, which is just an overall improvement if you ask me

if i spent a lot of time thinking about it i could come up with so many weapon ideas, but i'd rather conserve that creativity for making my own splatoon-like game later in the future hehe. i have quite a few weapon ideas for that that could theoretically exist in splatoon but i won't get into that here

Mp3

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Female she/her
Wow a dual brush sounds…overpowered(?)
And a backline Splatana sounds like someone threw sephiroth from ff7’s sword into the game
BOTH SOUND AWESOME THOUGH

Senior Squid
Pronouns
She/He/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-3356-5161-8137
Wow a dual brush sounds…overpowered(?)
And a backline Splatana sounds like someone threw sephiroth from ff7’s sword into the game
BOTH SOUND AWESOME THOUGH
Overpowered, definitely
As a real weapon??? My new favorite <3

Reactions: Mp3

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I really want a slosher that gives me some form of movement option outside of what you're already able to do with any weapon.
Something similar to a dodge roll or a charged slash.
I'm not exactly sure what it would be though but some of my favorite games are the ones that let you get creative with your movement so that's why I would love that kind of idea for a bucket.

NeoXVIII

Inkster Jr.
Dualie brushes would make more sense as like a dualie-splatana hybrid, where you dodge roll, and your turret mode gives you a single short ranged one shot before going back to normal mode.

Or it could have a really short charge time, decent dash range, but no long ranged projectile with grounded charged slashes?

What I wanted out of a heavy stringer would have been a long ranged stringer with a single large ketchup bottle projectile, having a decent AoE 1st charge and a large AoE fully charged, though taking a while to explode in either form. Full charge would also do massive object damage and pierce things, losing its explosive properties and getting a smaller hitbox but still being a oneshot after piercing.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Another half-idea I had was mini rollers. I don't have a picture to describe what it would look like and I suck at art sooooooo, you'll just have to imagine it :D. Anyway the roller works like a roller, but covers less area when your actually moving. When you fling ink at people, it would be a small area, but deals quite a bit of damage.
I really want to hear other ideas from you guys, and think about how I wish those weapons really did exist. Maybe they will next Splatoon.....
So, brushes?

McSquid82

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
I honestly think we don't need mini rollers. The reason Dualies exist is because even though Shooters exist, they can conceivably be used in both hands. I also think in general Shooters and Dualies work better as weapons that actually shoot something. It also doesn't help that neither rollers and especially brushes aren't the most numerous class. There's only five rollers and three brushes. If you start creating mini rollers and brushes you potentially take away ideas that could be added to both classes.

Senior Squid
Pronouns
She/He/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-3356-5161-8137
I honestly think we don't need mini rollers. The reason Dualies exist is because even though Shooters exist, they can conceivably be used in both hands. I also think in general Shooters and Dualies work better as weapons that actually shoot something. It also doesn't help that neither rollers and especially brushes aren't the most numerous class. There's only five rollers and three brushes. If you start creating mini rollers and brushes you potentially take away ideas that could be added to both classes.
I didn't think about that but still.... mini rollers?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!?!?!? Maybe in a spinoff or something?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!? They need to be somewhere before I combust from thinking about it to hard 😭 😭

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I didn't think about that but still.... mini rollers?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!?!?!? Maybe in a spinoff or something?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!? They need to be somewhere before I combust from thinking about it to hard 😭 😭
Mini rollers for a small Splatoon spinoff sounds very funny and cute so I support it, lol.

SAMICOM

Senior Squid
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-1519-4190-1330
I have been thinking (for like 2 seconds) about this, and I have come up with some okay-ish ideas.

This one I stole from something I saw online- Dualie Brushes (See Below)
View attachment 12487
I imagine you would swing them like a brush in a specific motion (X motion maybe?) And they deal about as much damage as regular dualies. The special could be Zipcaster and sub might be Torpedo. The range depends on what kind you own.

You’re in for a long haul.

Gachapon slosher: slow, high arc, medium range. shoots a cluster of stringer dynamite instead of normal ink.
Range Reactor: Changes WILDLY depending on range from an enemy. it acts like a worse e-liter at far range and a weaker grizzco charger at very close range. Any playstyle fits this wildcard charger.
Caligrapher: this brush is medium speed, good range, but low radius. Paint is okay, but the gimmick is 120% ink tank.

GIVE IT AUTOBOMB HEHE

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I’ve always wanted a brella with actually threatening shield bump damage, but that seems like something that could just be added to Recycled without needing an entirely new weapon. Imagine Recycled with 60 shield contact damage. It’d be awesome!

A longer-range brella would also be nice. Something with a bit more range than Dualie Squelchers. I envision a square canopy akin to patio umbrellas that creeps forward even slower than a Tent canopy when launched; a brella that really triples down on defence.

A charger that steal‘s Goo Tuber’s gimmick of lethal partial charges and justifies it by getting two shots on a full charge, in a similar vein to Sniperwriter’s five shots. Would probably have slightly less than Splat Charger range and appropriately slow charge time.

I feel like a shorter-range stringer with exploding shots could be interesting, though it seems more likely that we’ll get a new stringer with more range than the Tri-Stringer. The standard weapon of a class being the best or worst at anything makes it feel less standard. I envision a stringer with imperfect shot precision at full charge, but a stronger central shot to make up for it.

I have a few rework ideas for existing weapons, as well:
Goo Tuber losing its lethal partial charges to be able to charge while swimming.
Splattershot Nova having perfect accuracy while on the ground.
Tri-Slosher’s side sloshes dealing significantly less damage (around 46, still enough to combo with the central slosh).
Squeezer getting a 4 frame tap fire rate nerf, but its tap fire damage is increased to 42 and combos with two spread mode shots.

If you want true madness, however, I do have one hybrid concept that would absolutely go hard: The Blastella.
It’s a short-range brella that fires three exploding ink pellets which act like miniature blaster shots. Similar shield to Splat Brella.

There’s also my insane AoE charger idea, aptly named the Sting Sprayer, which was a charger that created a 60 damage shockwave around its shots. That one might still hold some merit, actually, what with how creative they’ve been getting with the charger class.
Totally not my dream weapon right there.

RetroShark

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him and Bob/Lobber
Switch Friend Code
SW-8382-4522-4620
I NEED a splatana thats like one of those traditional Japanese fan thingies… like imagine a splatana… but you can like… BLOCK ATTACKS with a small shield and stuff… IDK… but i think its a pretty cool idea!

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
you are NEVER going to guess which weapon class I want to see more of.

I think sewing machines are very splatling-shaped.
Drew a quick doodle-y concept. (and I do mean quick)

splatling with built-in burst bombs <3
a ballpoint-like splatling that has a special property on specifically the first bullet of its charge is very clever; i assume you could do some ballpoint rapid-recharge tech to throw out a lot of them quickly? (though presumably a lot slower than how fast ballpoint itself can spam recharging)
the damage on the explosion would have to be real low to avoid being super overbearing if you could spam it, probably something like 30 on explosion + 30 on direct contact comboing to be a 60 if both hit, or something (any more than that and you could combo direct -> explosion the way explo can, which would be insanely good if it's that much faster than explo)
i really like the idea! and the sewing machine concept feels so much like a real splatoon design i can absolutely see it being a thing in some form in the future

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
a ballpoint-like splatling that has a special property on specifically the first bullet of its charge is very clever; i assume you could do some ballpoint rapid-recharge tech to throw out a lot of them quickly? (though presumably a lot slower than how fast ballpoint itself can spam recharging)
the damage on the explosion would have to be real low to avoid being super overbearing if you could spam it, probably something like 30 on explosion + 30 on direct contact comboing to be a 60 if both hit, or something (any more than that and you could combo direct -> explosion the way explo can, which would be insanely good if it's that much faster than explo)
i really like the idea! and the sewing machine concept feels so much like a real splatoon design i can absolutely see it being a thing in some form in the future
The problem with making a new Splatling is always gonna be "how does one make a Splatling that doesn't already exist?"
Splatlings as a class are so large now, nearly every niche has been filled. We got shortrange, midrange, longrange and the inbetweens. I was really worried that Edit was going to step on Heavy's toes when it was announced since the season trailer made it look like it had more range than it did, glad that wasn't the case.

I feel like with the explosion, this Splatling would probably have to be a more aggressive short-midrange kinda weapon. A backline Splatling that can do AOE will immeaditely have trouble with overshadowing the Heavy Splatling and potentially the Hydra Splatling and we dont want that. (Ballpoint is so versatile it'd be fine, I think.) Heavy having more range than this thing would help with that.

I was thinking you could do your regular Splatling fighting with the normal bullets and if someone runs away or tries to go behind cover, you could "chase them" with the explosive shot. I think that could make for really fun gameplay. The problem then becomes, how do you make it so that it doesn't step on Edit's toes? (Naut will always have a leg up over every Splatling with that chargehold)
Perhaps it could just be generally slower than Edit. Less strafing speed, significant lag between the explosive shot and the normal bullets maybe? I think the rapid-recharge could be fun, but yeah there'd have to be some lag between the shots for sure. Maybe similar to Crab Tanks.
Oh wait, this weapon would basically be Crab Tank in main weapon form, haha.

Either way, I think the different modes are pretty much the only area left to twiddle with in the Splatling class. Every other mechanic has been played with.

McSquid82

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
I would actually like a new Nozzlenose weapon in between the L-3 (light) and H-3 (heavy) ones. I would call it he M-3 Nozzlenose and give it a fire rate in between the two. It would also deal 45 damage per shot but to balance that it would have bursts of two bullets instead of three like the other ones have. The Squeezer already has the 1 shot tap button and it's a Nozzlenose, so I think the M-3 could fill a niche there. This could also create enough weapons to separate the Nozzlenoses from the rest of the shooters into their own class, which is what I think needs to happen. Shooters would still be the most numerous class, but I feel in order to be classified as one a weapon should have fully automatic fire instead of semi-auto.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I would actually like a new Nozzlenose weapon in between the L-3 (light) and H-3 (heavy) ones. I would call it he M-3 Nozzlenose and give it a fire rate in between the two. It would also deal 45 damage per shot but to balance that it would have bursts of two bullets instead of three like the other ones have. The Squeezer already has the 1 shot tap button and it's a Nozzlenose, so I think the M-3 could fill a niche there. This could also create enough weapons to separate the Nozzlenoses from the rest of the shooters into their own class, which is what I think needs to happen. Shooters would still be the most numerous class, but I feel in order to be classified as one a weapon should have fully automatic fire instead of semi-auto.
If it fires two shots per burst, wouldn’t M-2 make more sense?

Yeenom

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They
NNID
YeenBeans
Switch Friend Code
SW-6746-0504-4799
Cube-Slosher - A Slosher based off of a Purple Gamecube. The idea is that it has two modes, an extremely well painting but slow mode and a quick firing but weak rapid-fire mode (Like a faster tri-slosh) activated by quickly firing after the first slow shot. The indirects are significantly more powerful than its directs (Slow Direct 60%, Slow Indirect 80% - Fast Direct 40%, Fast Indirect 60%) so the idea is to ambush and use high-ground to hit your indirects more often. The Slow firing mode can hit directs all around the edge of it's shot (Roughly the size and shape of a Dynamo Horizontal swing) and the Fast firing mode hits directs at the... direct end of its shot (The shot is closer to an Undercover Brellas).

V-Kit - Splat Bomb, Zipcaster. The idea is to use Zip to make your own high-ground and set up ambushes, Bomb is just a good sub for any weapon.

Player Cube-Slosher Kit (White with a black bottom to represent the Gameboy Player) - Toxic Mist, Wavebreaker. This leans more into the fast firing mode, with you being able to trap opponents with Mist and then combing it with Wave Breaker's shots.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom