• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ranked Mode Really Deserves Voice Chat.....

grandpappy

You guys made me ink!
NNID
eyeplaybass
This in of itself when losing isn't nearly as effective as to doing it when winning.
Which is why I said if you have a clear advantage, then go ink things. In fact, doing that in that situation, especially if multiple members of the other team are respawning, can only increase your advantage. But if you're losing or have yet to take the point, your team really needs you elsewhere.

Seems like we're pretty much on the same page. Sorry if I was a bit aggressive about it. It's just one of the only things that really frustrates me; when I see somebody not helping with the objective when we need them.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
I posted this in another thread, but:

Have any of you played Shadowrun? In that game, the D-pad allowed players to give simple communications like:

Enemy Spotted
I Need Help
Move Here
Hold Here

Teammates would hear a simple voice command and see a waypoint on their screen. The Enemy Spotted command would signal "Area Clear" if there were no enemies.

It made a huge difference in pubs, and I think it would make a huge difference in Splatoon too.
This.

I don't need any little whiny kids screaming bloody hell in my ear and I don't wanna hear what the worst player on my team thinks, when I'm in ranked. Thank you and good night.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
If you think even half of the player base, are just a bunch of happy go lucky lil buggers, then you're naive.

DaisyFan

Pro Squid
pretty much giving up on my rank for this lol. rather get this bonus for the Gold since i do need to reroll a lot of my setup.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
If you think even half of the player base, are just a bunch of happy go lucky lil buggers, then you're naive.
if you think a majority of the players are racist foul mouthed little kids and adults that want to scream into your ears until you beg for death's sweet release......then you simply have a terrible life and have a poor outlook on gamers

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
you probably haven't if all you can describe is screaming and whining.....I've been apart of several communities where a majority of player i played with weren't insane rambling drug addicts or crying little kids
You even said it yourself. . .you want in-game voice chat so you can complain about your teammates. Nobody wants to hear that. It's not constructive, like most of what would be said via voice chat (and more often it'd be worse).

The fact of the matter is that if you want meaningful conversation ANYWHERE while playing a video game, it is best to install something like Skype or Vent and form a group.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
You even said it yourself. . .you want in-game voice chat so you can complain about your teammates. Nobody wants to hear that. It's not constructive, like most of what would be said via voice chat (and more often it'd be worse).

The fact of the matter is that if you want meaningful conversation ANYWHERE while playing a video game, it is best to install something like Skype or Vent and form a group.
if somebody is purposely sabotaging the team then i have a right to complain.....i can't expect everyone to have the same schedule and hop on skype all at once

Inkoishi

The Closed Eyes of Love
NNID
DokiDokiKoishi
Why does everyone keep bringing up Skype when its one of the worst voicechat programs I can think of? Use mumble or something for godsake.

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Why does everyone keep bringing up Skype when its one of the worst voicechat programs I can think of? Use mumble or something for godsake.
If you say so lol. My team uses Skype and it works perfectly, but I think you missed the point. . .an alternative group call program > in-game voice chat.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
The only justifiable reason for doing this is to build up special.
Essentially this. I use the Bubble, so me pulling it off can mean the difference between victory and defeat. Granted it's plain silly to just run off to some unattented side of the map and try to build it up. you get your meter filled quicker if you cover up enemy ink. If you're falling back to build up special, you would be better off trying to loop around into enemy turf, cover up their ink, and pop up behind them with your special meter blazing.

Anyway voice chat will make Splatoon way worse. If you pay attention to your ally names, you'll notice there will be instances where you're the only person with a non japanese name, and that's just one reason. I agree with an earlier post that says we should get buffed voice commands though. We have 2 more slots open on the D-Pad so like, make your move, Ninty.

DaisyFan

Pro Squid
Skype Vent and TS are very good for this. they also have better Voip then some games. but again in high cap competitive Splatoon will sure need coordination.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
Skype Vent and TS are very good for this. they also have better Voip then some games. but again in high cap competitive Splatoon will sure need coordination.
and I'm not really sure how competitive splatoon can be if it requires downloading outside programs to even communicate with your group.....getting everyone on the same page will be the hardest part as i know not everyone is willing to just give out their skype contact info all willy nilly and some of them constantly deal with the threat of friends or family members taking control over their phone or computer while on skype(I've witnessed this happen quite a few times.....recently a guy had to keep shoving his niece back cause she kept trying to mess around with his laptop while he was skyping me)

you can't say the same for built in voice chat because well friends and family members tend to fight over the computer or the phone a lot more often than a game controller

DaisyFan

Pro Squid
am not sure if you could gotten the idea, but am totally talking about when Splatoon will be more accessible with the party system so you can make your own squad.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
am not sure if you could gotten the idea, but am totally talking about when Splatoon will be more accessible with the party system so you can make your own squad.
well that's in august and I'm not exactly sure if I'll be able to take hyperactive morons on my team much longer.....

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare is the perfect example of why voice chat in a game like this is a TERRIBLE IDEA. You've got 10 year olds playing a game that is 100% designed for them and meant for them being cussed out by a 45 year old man, a lot of times leading to their parents banning them from the game altogether (yes the parents could just turn off voice chat but how many parents are savvy enough to know this stuff? or even take the risk).

Also, have you heard what comes out of 12 year olds mouths in games like call of duty? It's terrible, and it serves more as a distraction than any real help to the game. In matches that only take 3 to 5 minutes the few seconds to open something up and mute them is a decent detriment, and if someone's just mic spamming sanic or something then you pretty much have to.

tldr; general voice chat would be terrible just like it is in every other shooter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom