Ranking all the Grizzco weapons

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm almost 100% sure that we're done getting new Grizzco weapons so I decided to just rank them based on how much I enjoy using them.
my-image (20).png

I honestly didn't expect to enjoy the Grizzco Roller as much as I did.
I do still wish it could pierce through armor though.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Didn't mean to upload yet but since I already did, I'll just put the rest of my thoughts here.

Grizzco Dualies are also really fun, just being able to dodge roll all around the map while taking out lessers and painting the floor.
The short range makes it annoying to deal with certain bosses though but that's the only thing I don't like about the weapon.

My feelings on Grizzco Slosher are very complicated. The fact that it's not just any slosher, but a modified Sloshing Machine, means I already have some admiration for the weapon. The design also looks very cool, it makes me wish you could use Grizzco weapons in online matches as skins.
How the Grizzco Slosher actually plays in SR is not as enjoyable though.
I really didn't like it at all for a long time, but around two seasons ago I started getting better with it. My gameplan for whenever I had to play Grizzco Slosher changed and I understood it a lot better than before, but it still has all the same problems that made it a pain to play with.
Terrible ink efficiency, poor movement, and an insanely slow fire rate make it really difficult to use in a mode as fast as SR, where just staying still for a few seconds can lead to you dying from a hoard of lessers.
I would still say it's one of the weakest SR weapons you can get but I like it anyway, but I still don't ever want to see more than one Grizzco Slosher on my team.

Grizzco Charger and Bow are really good against King Salmonids and most bosses so that's why I like them. I don't have more to say about them.

I used to really like the Grizzco Brella but recently, I haven't cared too much for playing it. It's still fun but it's also just very simple, and I keep having to play it in rotations so that's probably why I'm tired of it.
The Splatana is cool though, but it's extremely hard to use and I don't like having to charge up for around 2 seconds to take care of a boss just to stop so I can kill the lessers surrounding me. It doesn't mean the weapon is bad though, I'm just not good enough with it to enjoy it more.

I have nothing to say about Grizzco Blaster.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
my-image(2).png

Screw it, here's mine! I think a lot of these are super fun but they really didn't know what to do for blasters and brellas huh

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Screw it, here's mine! I think a lot of these are super fun but they really didn't know what to do for blasters and brellas huh
They should have given Grizzco Brella a gigantic shield and keep the same fire rate when shooting, that would have been extremely funny lol

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
View attachment 11847

if the wiki's correct the blaster and brella were the first grizz weapons added. i guess they started off slow with those two and then got into the insanely overpowered gimmicks starting with the gcharger? it would be cool if they revisited those first two though...

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
if the wiki's correct the blaster and brella were the first grizz weapons added. i guess they started off slow with those two and then got into the insanely overpowered gimmicks starting with the gcharger? it would be cool if they revisited those first two though...
Yeah they're giving splatoon 2 salmon run

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
What could they change about Grizzco Blaster though? I'm thinking giving it the same range as RB, decreasing the fire rate a bit, and letting it pierce armor would be cool.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
What could they change about Grizzco Blaster though? I'm thinking giving it the same range as RB, decreasing the fire rate a bit, and letting it pierce armor would be cool.
Maybe rb range and fire rate, insane damage on directs, and a ridiculous blast radius, like twice as big as clash blaster. Right now it's just clash that paints and fires faster which is lowkey boring

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Maybe rb range and fire rate, insane damage on directs, and a ridiculous blast radius, like twice as big as clash blaster. Right now it's just clash that paints and fires faster which is lowkey boring
They chose to give Grizzco Blaster the same gimmick that Clash has and I really don't get it. To me, that just makes it the most boring out of all the Grizzco weapons.

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
ooh that sounds good. or maybe giving its shots bomb properties?

also i decided to do one too
my-image.png

tiers explained:
  1. certain grizzco weapons do things to my brain. sometimes this results in me gstamper-dashing off the edge of the map for a whole wave unfortunately. it also results in me jumpscaring anyone on vc with me
  2. i like them and appreciate their power but they don't do the same things to my brain as the above tier does. gslosh is hard to use but when i can use its armor piercing properties well it really pays off. stringer is just Real Good, not much else to say there. i figured out in a recent random rotation that it can annihilate stingers (which feels obvious in retrospect but shhh)
  3. i'm just really bad at chargers. which is sad because i know this thing is good in the hands of people who know how to use it well
  4. as we've discussed it does show that they were the first ones added back in splat2 lol. if i get these i will try and focus on crowd control but i'll be very jealous of my coworkers with weapons higher on the list (except gcharger, it's best if i don't have that one)
i will say though that as a newer player grizz blaster did also make my brain light up. something about the fire rate made me FEEL powerful. eventually i realized it wasn't as exciting as i initially thought though 😭

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
i will say though that as a newer player grizz blaster did also make my brain light up. something about the fire rate made me FEEL powerful. eventually i realized it wasn't as exciting as i initially thought though 😭
To be fair me too! It's fun as a beginner to have a giant no aim explosion weapon but it doesn't feel as... intricate as the ones above when you learn to use them

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
my-image (3).png

Grizzco stamper has been the death of me way too many times because of how little paint it outputs itself, same with bucket

Grizzco charger is probably the most fun I have playing the game in general, so satisfying to rapid fire 9 high damage shots

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
To be fair me too! It's fun as a beginner to have a giant no aim explosion weapon but it doesn't feel as... intricate as the ones above when you learn to use them
I never thought about it like that.
Grizzco Blaster doesn't give much room for skill expression, which is how I feel about Clash as a main weapon as well.

Smash Arena

Inkster Jr.
My favorite Grizzco weapon has always been the Grizzco Brella. Very easy to use, great turf coverage, and can do a pretty good job damaging bosses.

Definitely want to use the Grizzco Roller more as well, but I don't play Salmon Run that often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom