• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Recommend gear for Octobrush?

ArliBarli

Inkling
NNID
wraggeth
just going to start by apologising if this has already been posted :x
---

I'm a little stuck on what gear I should run for my Octobrush. It's my splatzones weapon..I focus on getting in, doing as much work as I can, be it covering the zones/zone or splatting and getting the hell out of there. Placing my beacons in safe areas for myself and Chargers also.

I'm currently running two Quick Super jump mains and one Swim Speed Up main, my subs aren't perfect but I'm wanting some form of ink recovery. I'm thinking Ink Recovery Up and switching out my Swimp speed up main for it, having as many Swim Speed Up subs as I can instead. I'm not sure :'x

I haven't been using the Ocotobrush for long but it's been going very well for me, my K/D ratio is 10-3 which is actually pretty decent for me since I just came from using the Gal.52/96 and I was doing a little better in terms of K/D

Is this a good way to go? Please help me ; v ;

- side note, I'm B+ / - A and I'm getting nothing but Luna blasters and Krak-on Rollers for teammates. Is that just me? xD

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I'm a main for the Octobrush Nouveau. Both the vanilla and Nouveau versions run fairly similarly so my build would work for the vanilla version as well. :) When I'm using my Nouveau, I'm often running Ink Saver (Main), Quick Respawn, and Swim Speed. Swim Speed really helps with zipping around the field. It can help with ambushes or getting out of tight spots. Ink Recovery and Damage Up are also two good possibilities to consider for the Octobrush.

ArliBarli

Inkling
NNID
wraggeth
I think I'll keep one of my Quick Super Jumps, but Swim Speed Up definitely is the best Main/Sub I can use for the Octobrush. Thank you : )

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
I'm a main for the Octobrush Nouveau. Both the vanilla and Nouveau versions run fairly similarly so my build would work for the vanilla version as well. :) When I'm using my Nouveau, I'm often running Ink Saver (Main), Quick Respawn, and Swim Speed. Swim Speed really helps with zipping around the field. It can help with ambushes or getting out of tight spots. Ink Recovery and Damage Up are also two good possibilities to consider for the Octobrush.
I can agree with this. I run mostly Damage Up, Ink Saver Main and Ink Recovery. Cold Blooded and Ink Resistance might also be good but I personally don't run them. If you're using the Nouveau, Ink Saver Main or Sub is very helpful as Splat Bombs use a lot of ink and you really want to be able to swing after throwing one. I'm also messing with using Tenacity but that's just me and the way I play. Basically you should try to get the following:

Damage Up (1 or 2 mains or 3-6 subs should be fine)
Ink Saver Main (For either vanilla or Nouveau, Nouveau just needs it a bit more)
Swim Speed Up (Helps close the gap between you and your opponent)
From there it's all preference so mess around with your gear and try to follow those and see what you can make of it

ArliBarli

Inkling
NNID
wraggeth
I'm going to forget about Quick Super Junp, I was so caught up on using it because it saved my butt a lot when I first started using the vanilla variant. I usually change my gear with the map rotation but I don't need to worry about that now. Thank you:D

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
Hey there. S+ rank Octobrush Nouveau main here. I have had great success with this loadout:
One Ink Recovery Up main
Cold-Blooded
Ink Resistance Up
3 Swim Speed Subs
6 Damage Subs.

This requires the White Headband, Anchor Sweat, and Red Hi-Tops. Remember, that peak of 6 damage subs or 2 damage mains is what'll take the brush from a 3HKO down to a 2HKO. That's crucial in a lot of situations. If you need any more advice feel free to ask, I've played with the Octobrush for quite some time.

ArliBarli

Inkling
NNID
wraggeth
Luckily I have the gear you recommend, I'm just re-rolling the slots so thank you! :)
Would you recommend the Nouveau over the vanilla? I'm much more comfortable playing in Zones with the brush but I'm not too sure if I'm going to use it for any other mode yet. I tried a handful of times on Tower Control but I haven't had much luck with the majority of my teammates refusing to get on the tower, I can't defend from ranged weapons well :(

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
I use 1 Ink Saver Main, 2 Swim Speed Up and Ink Resist, with the Safari Hat, Hero Suit and Red Hi-Tops (not very fashionable). I also have 1 sub each in Special Saver, Defense Up and Run Speed Up, but those are just junk while I try to reroll better gear.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Ok I'm a little crazy but when I play octobrush I run mains of :ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup: with one sub of :ability_inksaversub: and then usually :ability_inkrecovery:. Depending on how I feel, sometimes it's :ability_inkresistance: - I'd prefer to always have ink resistance for a brush but due to the way my gear has rolled it's not usually possible.

I have a lot of success with it. I used to stack damage up, but I find I do better with defense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom