• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Rest in Peace President Iwata.

Howl7

Pro Squid
What a shock ... Terrible news...:(
R.I.P. President Satoru Iwata, thank you for everything you have done for us.

EDIT:

Last edited:

DWK

Inkling
NNID
danceswithkoopas
I'm truly saddened by his passing because he embodied the spirit of the company I grew up with and love. There is and unlikely to ever be another CEO like him. Video games might seem trivial to some outside observers but he was a man who genuinely enriched the lives of many both through his work and personality. Nintendo Directs will never be the same.

RIP.

Doringo

Inkling
Man I uuh.. kind of expected him to live much longer. Rest in peace :( :ability_comeback:

Last edited:

Tigurr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
disasterbreak
The Inkopolis plaza is both heartwarming and heartbreaking right now with all the posts dedicated to him. Rest in peace Mr. Iwata.

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
When I heard this at 2 AM this morning, a part of me died. It is absolutely heartbreaking that such a great man has died to something as awful as cancer. He will be sorely missed :'(

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory
I heard this yesterday at 9pm my time. my brother came running with the news. At first I didn't even catch it. Like dumbfounded but later I felt so heavy today at morning I was crying. I could not hold it any longer. Mr. Iwata took Nintendo's helm and also did his own share with many games. Not only he steered some games but the boat that carried them. My sincerest best wishes for his family, work colleagues and friends as well to all Nintendo fans like me.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
These past few days have just been sad in general, but this really puts the icing on the cake. RIP in peace Iwata, I hope you floated directly into heaven.

Howl7

Pro Squid
I remember when during every Nintendo Directs Iwata said "Please, take a look" and then the trailers of the games leave me speechless, amazed. I'll never forget his kindness, his gestures and his greetings in each Direct, i will not forget the "Iwata ask" (a recent example is made by the Splatoon one, rabbits / tofu).
It was a great president, especially in the wii / ds era, a great success made by him with those consoles. i'm sorry that after the last e3 are rained criticism on him and on Nintendo, I hope he died peacefully, happy of the great things he accomplished in his life.

I offer my condolences to his family, friends and employees. i wish that his family can overcome this bad time as well as possible.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." Satoru Iwata, 2005.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
This is a sad day. I feel like I'm losing a relative. What an amazing man who has done so much for not only his own life and passions, but the lives and passions of many around him. His body may have perished, but his spirit and love will live on forever. Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
I still have no words. This I do not understand.

Mr. Iwata was a great corporate president, game developer, and gamer. While we know not what went on behind the scenes at Nintendo HQ, I am sure Mr. Iwata was involved in every way possible. To think we have lost one of the great people at this company is so sad...........

Rest in peace Satoru Iwata. May you live forever in our minds.

Ness

Full Squid
NNID
Awkw4rdAss4ssin
I'm unbelievably sad. I couldn't stop crying yesterday, it took all my willpower just to go to sleep.
The only thing left for us to do is to continue honoring Satoru Iwata, and the legacy he's left behind. Without him, we wouldn't have so many amazing games, and who knows what Nintendo would have been recently without Iwata there to ease us. No matter what happens, we'll never forget Iwata, never. This is an opportunity to pray for Iwata's soul and his family and friends, and to be thankful for everyone and everything we cherish in this life. If we continue to remember Iwata, it'll be like he never left us, right?

InklingCaitlin

Full Squid
NNID
Caitlin
Switch Friend Code
SW-0816-6246-4407
I heard about this yesterday and I am so sad. It really is a sad day for the gaming community in general. This is exactly the way I felt when my brother in-law died in 2009 (don't ask how he died it was sudden and a shock, just like mr. Iwata.) shaken and shocked. We will always understand you, mr. Iwata. You were a great man. A fun man. You will live on in all of our hearts and minds. You live in all of us. I know you are watching over all of us gamers. Wether it be Nintendo gamers or other gamers in general. You are watching over us all. RIP mr. iwata. Have fun in your own Nintendo land.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom