• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Rest in Peace President Iwata.

SGM

Inkster Jr.
NNID
UltimateBlast
I found this while looking through Twitter. It's really appropriate for the occasion, sadly.

You were the Nintendo president for thirteen years, and yet you felt like a friend to us. I'll give my extended thoughts tomorrow, but it's safe to say that you were the president we loved most. Rest in piece, Mr. Iwata - you deserve it.

Edit: Rest in peace, I meant. Sorry for the mistake.

Last edited:

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I went to Nintendo World Store today to sign in at the memorial section. I wrote how the games helped me through troubled time and how thankful I was that he was part of development for Pokemon Gen 2 that had my favorite Pokemon in it. I then drew the Pokemon, a Girafarig.

Howl7

Pro Squid
I report a message to Iwata posted by his friend Shigesato Itoi (EarthBound Director) on his blog, translation is via Yomuka.
Great words by a true friend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I’m parting with a friend, regardless of the circumstances, I find it best to just say, “See you later.” We’ll meet again. After all, we’re friends.

That’s right—nothing unusual about it. I’ll see you later.

You went on a trip far, far away, even though it was planned for many years from now. You wore your best outfit and said “Sorry for the short notice,” though you didn’t say it out loud.

You always put yourself last, after you’d finished helping everyone else. You were so generous as a friend that this trip might be your very first selfish act.

I still can’t grasp what’s happened. It feels like I could still get a light-hearted e-mail asking me out to lunch at any moment—after you’ve made sure lunch wouldn’t disrupt my schedule, of course.

You can invite me out whenever you want. I’ll invite you, too.

So for now, let’s plan on meeting again. You can call me up whenever you like, and I’ll give you a call, too. I still have a lot to talk to you about, and if I come up with any particularly good ideas, I’ll let you know.

So let’s meet again.
No–I suppose we’re already meeting. Right here, right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom