1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

RP Ideas? Post Them Here!

Discussion in 'RP Square' started by ReedRGale, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Fleet Admiral

I have one idea in mind, I basically have the major parts figured out. I call this RP: The Escape From Octo Valley, it is about the Ringed Octarians trying to escape the place that used to be their home, the reason for escape is that the Crimson Octarians want to capture them for farming purposes like forcing Ringed Octolings to cut their tentacles to create more soldiers for the Crimson Octarians. Moreover, the Crimson Octarians tried to capture certain other species like Inklings as well so they wouldn't cause them any trouble as well as luring even more Inklings into their trap.

For how the RP is played, you can have as many characters as you want. You can choose to be an Inkling, a Ringed Octoling (or just a Ringed Octarian in general) or even a Crimson Octoling (or a Crimson Octarian) who rebelled against his or her own army, Inktolings are allowed as well. Octolings without a species name are also allowed.

The structure of the plot will be differs in which it will have both a free and a linear structure, whenever the plot enters its free mode, players can do what they want with their characters as long as it doesn't mess with the plot (for example, character development and free character interactions are allowed), but once the plot enters its linear mode, the plot will advance and depending on the situation, combat will be involved.

So here are what the character sheets look like:

Name(s):

Species:

Gender(s):

Ink Color(s):

Eye color(s):

Age(s):

Appearance(s):

Backstory(ies):

Personality(ies):

#101 Cephalobro, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    Yin_ likes this.
  2. ReedRGale

ReedRGale Inkling Commander

Ahh, if you're interested in this idea, @Cephalobro it might be interesting if you made an OOC thread for it! Might garner some attention!

Yin_ and Cephalobro like this.
  3. HighColorSunset

HighColorSunset Full Squid

NNID:
    AmazingStrange9
    I had an idea for a more lighthearted RP, I call it "Infestation in Inkopolis!" and it's about the Octolings arriving at the surface for the first time. I'm planning on there being a sign-up thread and an OoC thread. As for a bio system, I haven't figured that out yet, but there should at least be a bare minimum (name, age, all that simple stuff). As for the structure, I'm not sure how it's going to go but just for now, it's a free structure. People can use both their older OCs and ones they just made up, and canon cameos are allowed.

#103 HighColorSunset, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  4. Yin_

Yin_ Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
    I was thinking of RP stuff yesterday and came up with an idea. What if I made some sort of RP that made the players choose weakness and strengths that played into the story in some way? So that got me thinking. Here’s what I’ve come up with.

Each inkling/octoling/being gives themselves one strength and one weakness that makes their character unique. For example, someone could be intelligent but have a disease that makes them pass out randomly for random amounts of time. The story could then have them needing to strategize right before a match but then pass out before it started.

The story would evolve as it goes on, but would start in inkopolis where they all get put into a turf war or something along those lines.

The weaknesses could also be something that affect others or maybe it could just be them selves. It could be mostly whatever, I’ll just accept it if it’s fine.

So, thoughts, questions, comments, concerns? Anyone interested in this?

5. GamerKitty205

GamerKitty205 Inkling

@Yin_ that sounds like a cool roleplay idea! It definitely sounds like it would be good for making cool quirky characters.

Yin_ likes this.
  6. Yin_

Yin_ Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
    Nice! I take that you would be interested in joining? I’d need more people to start it probably.

7. GamerKitty205

GamerKitty205 Inkling

Of course! If we get enough people to start it up I'll definitely join!

Yin_ likes this.
  8. Yin_

Yin_ Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
    Sounds good. I’ll you know when I get someone else to join.

9. Yin_

Yin_ Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
  10. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Fleet Admiral

Sure, just need some story premise to get started.

Yin_ likes this.