say something nice about this game for once

Grekly

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Customization seems like a very underrated thing about this game that not many people talk about which is strange because to me no matter the game or the meta (From special spam meta to QR adrenaline junkie meta) The customization is this game biggest strength heck I say it's the one thing that make the game stand out from all the other shooters (at least the ones I played).

Not only is the gear good looking but is also practical which mean that you are encourage to create different types of outfits that fit your style and is also useful in battle.

But splatoon 3 went above and beyond with ways to express yourself in game.

• The splashtag system where you can put up badges, a title, and a banner
  • Emotes that range from cutesy, chill, and just straight up goofy
  • Hairstyle, pants, and eyebrows, not being tied to genders which mean that you can have long hair as an inkling boy or an afro as an octoling girl
  • The lockers system

Tie this in with a gear system that became improved upon by allowing you to change the main gear slot so that mean gear you like with a main ability you don't like (LOOKING AT YOU PART-TIME PIRATE AND ZINK LAYERED LS) can easily be changed into something more useful and you have a system where no matter how hard you try no two player accounts would be the same unless specifically changed to copy someone else.

ikebro

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
all i can really say is that splat3 is my favorite splatoon game for good reason; there may be multiple things wrong with it worth criticizing, but what it DOES get right it absolutely excels at. the extra customization and quality-of-life changes, lockers, splashtags, the respawn system, the playable lobby while queuing, egg throwing, squid rolling/squid surging, side order, the updated graphics (seriously inklings have never looked better)
maybe it means nothing to some of you, but i genuinely love this stuff so much

Eel-Ectric

Inkling
Pronouns
she/he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0840-7727-8401
I like the floating spawn points! I like how they shoot you out.
I like the holograms of other players in the lobby and the practice area while you wait for a match to start. While the Splatoon 2 loading music is forever ingrained in my mind, it's more fun to be able to play a little :}
I love how in the single player campaign, you have a salmonoid little buddy. And I love how Lil' Buddy gets to become a massive fish and fight Mr. Grizz at the end. I like how the developers extended empathy and sentience to the salmonoids, when in other stories they would be kept as mindless enemies.
I LOVE how incredibly big and detailed Splatsville is. Have you noticed a faint singing in a corner of the map? It gets louder around the stairs, near the table turf tables. It's so cool!! And I have no idea where it comes from!! I love how I could get lost the first few times while walking around. It's so cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom