• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Screwing with kits as well

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I think it should stay low damage, considering it's a painting sub. Really the only time it'll do noticeable damage is if you're standing directly on top of it, but that's fine. The point of the rework is to give the paint potential to be used aggressively, and it doesn't need a damage buff for that.

As for lower hp, I don't like it. Health decay over time would make sense, but even though we can't really implement that, I don't think reducing the base health makes sense because that reduces its aggressive potential. It just means we should leave the third mode as is (aside from maybe making it take longer to get to), so that if there's an unused sprinkler laying around, it doesn't need to be destroyed because you can just ignore it.

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
I think it should stay low damage, considering it's a painting sub. Really the only time it'll do noticeable damage is if you're standing directly on top of it, but that's fine. It's a painting sub. The point of the rework is to give that paint the potential to be used aggressively as well.

As for lower hp, I don't like it. Health decay over time would make sense, but even though we can't really implement that, I don't think reducing the base health makes sense because that reduces its aggressive potential. It just means we should leave the third mode as is (aside from maybe making it take longer to get to), so that if there's an unused sprinkler laying around, it doesn't need to be destroyed because you can just ignore it.
My only objection to that is that it can easily just be used to hold space because sprinkler is occasionally used as a bodyblocker, and I don’t want that to be completely free. Though OS still completely destroys it so it’s likely okay

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
isn't holding space the point?
I do see how it could be annoying but if you're using it as a shield then it's not painting very far in front of you. so you either get a good painting tool or a tiny splash wall. If it could do both at the same time I would have an issue with it but since you have to pick, I think it's okay.

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
isn't holding space the point?
I do see how it could be annoying but if you're using it as a shield then it's not painting very far in front of you. so you either get a good painting tool or a tiny splash wall. If it could do both at the same time I would have an issue with it but since you have to pick, I think it's okay.
Fair point

Madman46i

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1110-7787-6032
I think V L3 could use a better sub, and L3 D could use a better special, the weapon deserves it. I think V L3 could use fizzy or torpedo, and give L3 D Ink storm (L3 burst storm would go hard)

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
I think V L3 could use a better sub, and L3 D could use a better special, the weapon deserves it. I think V L3 could use fizzy or torpedo, and give L3 D Ink storm (L3 burst storm would go hard)
Current kits for the L-3s right now is fizzy Booyah and burst slider (this is considering endlag is removed and L-3 does 31)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom