• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Screwing with kits as well

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
I guess the hiatus plan for S3 riibalanced didn’t happen. I’m still on the project and working on even ALTERING kits as well. Like giving S’Blast 92 fizzy, BPN beakon rain, Red Pencil Booyah Bomb, Vjet burst kraken, Letras dart instead of sprinkler (with the tripwire doing 25, I think there is synergy), vapples suction missiles (may remove this one), any other kits y’all might want to see? I am keeping the current kits and sub/special distribution in mind as well as the state of the already existing kits but ideas are always appreciated

OnePotWonder

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Torpedo on Dread D please.
You buffed Wave’s damage to 55, so keeping on the weapon is fine.

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
Torpedo on Dread D please.
You buffed Wave’s damage to 55, so keeping on the weapon is fine.
Definitely adding the torpedo. Though tbh I don’t think I’m keeping wave. Primarily because of how many weapons already have it that have much better synergy with wave. Probably going to give it jet or cooler since I’m already probably going to give Cexplo crab

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I'm kind of conflicted about you taking burst away from s blast, because the damage combos & movement are really nice, but fizzy does keep a lot of that and also has more long range poking ability, which is something s blast sorely needs. Besides, there are hardly any burst bomb weapons rn anyway.

Maybe put fizzy on the reefslider kit, since it doesn't have a booyah bomb to poke with already? Since you're rebalancing stuff I'd assume you're buffing slider, so both kits would probably be at least decent

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
I'm kind of conflicted about you taking burst away from s blast, because the damage combos & movement are really nice, but fizzy does keep a lot of that and also has more long range poking ability, which is something s blast sorely needs. Besides, there are hardly any burst bomb weapons rn anyway.

Maybe put fizzy on the reefslider kit, since it doesn't have a booyah bomb to poke with already? Since you're rebalancing stuff I'd assume you're buffing slider, so both kits would probably be at least decent
Don’t worry I meant fizzy on the reefslider kit. 91 is the Booyah kit and 92 is the slider kit. In rebalance, I removed 20 frames of Reefslider’s endlag so 92 is going to go hard

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Oh you did say '92, i just can't read ig. In that case all of these kits are great, can gold naut get inkjet as well? Splatoon desperately needs more inkjet weapons and nautilus is a great fit for it

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I'm not 100% sure what you're going for with this project but I think it's important to make sure that in general, weapons feel the same as they do in vanilla splatoon. This doesn't have to be the case for every weapon (for example, I'm completely in favor of your cjet kit) but overall I feel like the core identity of weapons should remain the same.

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
I'm not 100% sure what you're going for with this project but I think it's important to make sure that in general, weapons feel the same as they do in vanilla splatoon. This doesn't have to be the case for every weapon (for example, I'm completely in favor of your cjet kit) but overall I feel like the core identity of weapons should remain the same.
I’m trying to create kits that are generally more fun casually and better competitively. Depending on each weapon, I’m on a different approach. Like Vanilla Undercover I gave splat bomb crab tank because mines are boring for it and slider doesn’t work very well with it either. And Neo splash I swapped suction strikes for mist zip because vsplash is already a god kit and ttek exists so giving a shooter zip to the one shooter without jump rng is something I thought was cool, and it gets rid of a mirror weapon.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
But at the same time there are so many cool things Nintendo could have done with the kits that they didn't do. Like, dread with torp and cooler would be super fun and probably great for the meta, but it's nothing at all like either current dread kit. Or the same thing with that cjet kit. Or reef lux with a bomb. Or

I guess I'm just not sure whether it would better to have cool, synergistic kits or to expand on what's already there

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
Oh you did say '92, i just can't read ig. In that case all of these kits are great, can gold naut get inkjet as well? Splatoon desperately needs more inkjet weapons and nautilus is a great fit for it
I’ll admit, I’m kind of a naut hater. But I do think an agro kit for it would be really fun. I was thinking to give it crab but when the second edit kit comes out, I’ll probably be giving it to that so, atm sure. Actually, maybe zooka. Either is fine, prob going to give vshot burst TSD anyway lol

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
But at the same time there are so many cool things Nintendo could have done with the kits that they didn't do. Like, dread with torp and cooler would be super fun and probably great for the meta, but it's nothing at all like either current dread kit. Or the same thing with that cjet kit. Or reef lux with a bomb. Or

I guess I'm just not sure whether it would better to have cool, synergistic kits or to expand on what's already there
Some I feel should expand while others should try completely new things imo. Again, kinda case by case. Like you actually mentioned gold Naut being a more agro Naut is definitely something TSD stops it from doing so jet or Zooka would help with that. Neo splash I feel should be something new because of the missed potential of zip on it, along with it being a mirror kit

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I’m trying to create kits that are generally more fun casually and better competitively. Depending on each weapon, I’m on a different approach. Like Vanilla Undercover I gave splat bomb crab tank because mines are boring for it and slider doesn’t work very well with it either. And Neo splash I swapped suction strikes for mist zip because vsplash is already a god kit and ttek exists so giving a shooter zip to the one shooter without jump rng is something I thought was cool, and it gets rid of a mirror weapon.
I read the splash kit and was like "mist? ew, why would it want mist", but then I realized that I would say that about mist on literally any weapon, and that's mostly a result of poor sub balance. I think sub + special balance is one of the most important things to fix

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
I read the splash kit and was like "mist? ew, why would it want mist", but then I realized that I would say that about mist on literally any weapon, and that's mostly a result of poor sub balance. I think sub + special balance is one of the most important things to fix
Agreed, I personally want mist to be able to drain the special meter. If I ever figure that out, I will have it be able to do that. Though making it 55% of the tank for now might make it more appealing

AdphæeXD

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-0440-1499-8900
Please keep vanilla Naut the same, but give gold naut crab/jet. I really like the supportive option, but gold naut needs something cool, and I think crab works really well with Naut, letting it get have aoe, big range, a safety option, while also being an awesome special.

Just me rambling tho, I'm tired.

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
Please keep vanilla Naut the same, but give gold naut crab/jet. I really like the supportive option, but gold naut needs something cool, and I think crab works really well with Naut, letting it get have aoe, big range, a safety option, while also being an awesome special.

Just me rambling tho, I'm tired.
Crab was the special I was personally leaning towards for gold Naut. I feel like there are generally better options to give jet and if it got zooka, it'd compete too hard with squeeze so crab it is

Rat L. Boy

Inkling
How about giving gold Naut wail? I think it would work really well but maybe that’s just me.

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
That could probably work but at the same time, there are already 8 wail weapons in the game rn and would probably make gold Naut insanely annoying to fight. I'll keep it in mind if I decrease the number of wail weapons

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Something like inkbrush or .52 can pop wail without skipping a beat with what their main weapon is doing, plus it's an instant ink tank refill. So if there's an inkbrush behind you, it will use it as it rolls up to you and you will have to dodge a wail, splat bomb, and brush at the same time. Naut would have to pop it while out of range of the opponents so it doesn't die while it charges, and then it would have to move up and start shooting and at that point the wail would already be half over.

Crab and inkjet are wanted so much because those specials don't depend on also attacking them with your main, and they are great aggressive options to push up with.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Agreed, I personally want mist to be able to drain the special meter. If I ever figure that out, I will have it be able to do that. Though making it 55% of the tank for now might make it more appealing
At first I thought this was cheap and also kind of random, but the more I think about it the more this idea is growing on me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom