• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Seabagging

Status
Not open for further replies.

___shan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
illegalcopy
Last night I caught this seabag fail while I was trying out the new bucket weapon. He was in one of the most dangerous places in the whole map but still, he decides to seabag, and this is where he ended up:

If you must seabag, then at least look where you're going!
This is glorious.

silas

Inkling
NNID
newliefe
That video made me laugh, heh x)
I don't do it and I think nobody has ever done it when I got splatted(?) buuut I think it's a kinda mean thing to do. I wouldn't mind it, though, since they'll probably get splat

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
I seabag often usually when It's against a really good player giving me a serious challenge, when they least expect getting splatted, or when I've been dominating the entire match towards the end. Plus it's hilarious and silly looking!

Anyone who would get offended by something so silly in a video game takes things way to seriously. Me and most of my friends do it often because it's a funny stupid thing to do and we're grown up enough to know it means nothing. There's only been 2 ppl on my friends list who took me off because of seabagging rofl. Guess some ppl just can't take a joke.

*starts seabagging everybody on the forums*

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
I think it's happened to me one time, and it didn't register till after I respawned. I couldn't believe someone would do something so pointlessly stupid I guess.

This'll probably die out as more and more children get booted from servers where everyone at least acts sportsman like

Reactions: Rex

Xadus

Inkling Tactician
NNID
JainaSuila
I had no idea this was even a thing... although I suppose I'm not to surprised because internet or something to that effect.

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
I think it's happened to me one time, and it didn't register till after I respawned. I couldn't believe someone would do something so pointlessly stupid I guess.

This'll probably die out as more and more children get booted from servers where everyone at least acts sportsman like
It's the fact that It's pointlessly stupid which makes it hilarious. It's even more hilarious when people are bothered by it! This will never die out. XD

Rex

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Xerhid

Sadly, there are always immature trolls who think it's funny to antagonize others, so I too doubt it will die out.

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
Sadly, there are always immature trolls who think it's funny to antagonize others, so I too doubt it will die out.
Hahahaha, you seriously believe something so trivial and silly in a game animation is antagonizing?! Please, the biggest immature thing relating to video games is to take everything in them personally as if it's your pride & honor on the line, ridiculous!

There is such a thing as having a sense of humor in life and taking things in stride. Some people really need to get over themselves and just have fun. That's how you grow as an individual.

Krak-On Kraken

Inkling
NNID
Konofox
Hahahaha, you seriously believe something so trivial and silly in a game animation is antagonizing?! Please, the biggest immature thing relating to video games is to take everything in them personally as if it's your pride & honor on the line, ridiculous!

There is such a thing as having a sense of humor in life and taking things in stride. Some people really need to get over themselves and just have fun. That's how you grow as an individual.
Dude, it's their right to feel annoyed by deliberate taunting, even if you consider it something "trivial". Besides, a lot of people do seabag just to brag and be a general douche. That's a perfectly good reason to get annoyed.

On the topic itself... I generally only seabag friends myself, since we're both cool with it beforehand. Usually I don't have the time to seabag after a regular firefight anyway.

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
Dude, it's their right to feel annoyed by deliberate taunting, even if you consider it something "trivial". Besides, a lot of people do seabag just to brag and be a general douche. That's a perfectly good reason to get annoyed.

On the topic itself... I generally only seabag friends myself, since we're both cool with it beforehand. Usually I don't have the time to seabag after a regular firefight anyway.
Never said it wasn't their right, they can feel however they choose, doesn't mean it's still not ridiculous. Also, even if someone does do it out of bragging or some made up negative feeling you can simply ignore it and not let it get to you. But how would you know that through a VIDEO GAME? Seriously, come on now, I've been'seabagged' plenty and find it either hilarious or just plain silly and think nothing of it. Why? Because it's silly as well as inconsequential.

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
We must stop the OTHER shooter community's plaguing our civilized place of refuge against the gritty, grey shooters that's out there today! Then again, seabagging is pretty funny tho.

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
This is just one of those few ways to egg someone on directly and frankly, I find it to be rather stupid.

Even so, I don't personally "seabag" but when someone does it to me, it makes splatting them all the more sweeter.

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
This is just one of those few ways to egg someone on directly and frankly, I find it to be rather stupid.

Even so, I don't personally "seabag" but when someone does it to me, it makes splatting them all the more sweeter.
I love when someone kills you and taunts you in games, then someone just comes along and wrecks them.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Definitely don't think there's anything wrong with seabagging. In fact I think it's funny, even if it's done to me. Really don't see how it annoys people.

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
I think it's hilarious stuff. If you're getting mad at it you need to realise it's basically 100% assigned negativity. It's not even like they're humanoid models crouching etc. replicating an actual offensive move. Stop assigning it any importance. If it's dumb and actually makes them more likely to loose then that's the reward in itself, you can't then say people should stop doing it. One or the other.

On another note you have to die to get bagged on so git good.

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
I think it's hilarious stuff. If you're getting mad at it you need to realise it's basically 100% assigned negativity. It's not even like they're humanoid models crouching etc. replicating an actual offensive move. Stop assigning it any importance. If it's dumb and actually makes them more likely to loose then that's the reward in itself, you can't then say people should stop doing it. One or the other.

On another note you have to die to get bagged on so git good.
True. Words. Spoken.

Kaze

Pro Squid
well... some people get offended easily... and I find seabagging silly & hilarious :p
I only do it when I avoid someone with a longer range weapon and swim with max speed straight to them without ninja squid to splat them :D

but sometimes it backfires if I underestimate them xD

KeebyKakes

Senior Squid
I seabag with friends obviously and with my teammates if they are all doing it. If someone splats me and seabags me I do it to them the next time I splat them.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
If someone splats me and seabags me I do it to them the next time I splat them.
^ This and if they're on my team the next match, I simply do nothing and not help.

Also, I do it a lot during Splatfest. Just to discourage the other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom