Sheldon's Picks Discussion

D

Deleted Member

Dynamo + Seeker sounds like a ton of ink usage.

Would of been a nightmare if it had the Disruptor though. x.x
On the bright side, the Killer Wail fits the Dynamo perfectly and only takes 160p to charge. Which is nothing given how fast the Dynamo charges specials.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
The Seekers can actually end up being fairly fun on the Dynamo Roller. Seekers are often a very underestimated sub weapon and people don't often realize how much fun they can be. Sometimes, the best use of a sub is not to kill an opponent but rather to trick them. And the Seekers can be very useful for tricking opponents. I don't think I'll drop the regular Dynamo for the Tempered but I'll give it a shot to see how it feels. c:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Well it's cool that a Splatling finally has Burst Bombs, but really they couldn't give it any other special? Now it'll have the same issue as the vanilla, hard to justify using over it's Splattershot equivalent. They really dropped the ball on making this kit, a shame.

I'm glad about the Tempered Dynamo though, it's a viable option while still not being too powerful, or rather not too powerful compared the other Dynamos.

The Seekers can actually end up being fairly fun on the Dynamo Roller. Seekers are often a very underestimated sub weapon and people don't often realize how much fun they can be. Sometimes, the best use of a sub is not to kill an opponent but rather to trick them. And the Seekers can be very useful for tricking opponents. I don't think I'll drop the regular Dynamo for the Tempered but I'll give it a shot to see how it feels. c:
What do ya have in mind for tricking them?

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
What do ya have in mind for tricking them?
You can use the trails to your advantage. Even at this point in the game, most players don't seem to pay attention to the trails of Seekers. So it makes it easy for players to use them for quick travel and sneaking but just following the trail - albeit a bit dangerous since you'll be surrounded by enemy ink. :P It's also pretty easy to distract someone and sneak past them by getting their attention to follow a Seeker instead of yourself. x)

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
You can use the trails to your advantage. Even at this point in the game, most players don't seem to pay attention to the trails of Seekers. So it makes it easy for players to use them for quick travel and sneaking but just following the trail - albeit a bit dangerous since you'll be surrounded by enemy ink. :p It's also pretty easy to distract someone and sneak past them by getting their attention to follow a Seeker instead of yourself. x)
Well you're not really tricking them then, they just didn't see the Seeker, and I feel most players know about Seeker riding and will shoot at the trail, but that's also why your second idea can work.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Just tested and nope nevermind, damage ups hardly make a difference for the Soda Slosher unless you use a crap ton of em, at which point I'd much rather use Ink Saver Sub to be able to throw two bombs at once, infact that's exactly the set I'm gonna run with it! It'll be especially good with the Inkzooka as when you activate not only will you have the Inkzooka but also two free bombs.

Pushing back a Bubbler is only effective if you outrange it, and Dynamo have range greater or equal to over half the weapons in this game. 5 seconds is still plenty of time to splat your foes or escape, and of course we can't forget that it can be shared among teammates. Also, this is the Dynamo we're talking about, an already amazing and heavily used weapon. It really shouldn't be given such a great special that makes it even harder to combat especially with how fast it charges specials.
I know it shouldn't be given a great special.......that was my point

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
I love how they gave some weird low tier set to the Dynamo to not make it OP.
It must've been really awkward to decide on a set:
"Ok guys, for the Dynamo, do we give it Inkzooka?"
"no too op"
"Kraken?"
"No too op"
"Errr, Bubbler?"
"No too op"
"Killer Wail"
"Yeah fine"

Seekers sound trash on a Dynamo but Killer Wail charging sounds fun with this weapon.
(I hope the Tempered isn't with the other Dynamos in the special saver system, so Killer Wail charging is even easier)

Seekers definitely should've been Point Sensors, as they fit the Dynamo without making it OP.
Point Sensors would make ambushes harder, would be ink friendly on the ink eating Dynamo, would make every lob count on the ink eating and commitment heavy Dynamo.
Seekers however, are as ink hungry as the Dynamo itself.

Definitely an illogical kit, that will devolve in Killer Wail spam.
Props for not using bombs or sticking to an existing set.

The new Splatling is more bombs, but at least it's Burst Bomb Rush so it's pretty fun.
I can't see how the Mini Splatling would use Burst Bombs, considering its turf potential is already huge and the Splatling mechanics screw with the Burst Bombs as well.
Also, they must have real confidence in the 2.07 Burst Bombs to give it as Sub and Special

What a sucky volume one and I hope volume two goes all out instead of taping bombs to a bad weapon in the hope of making it viable.

Berry Pro needed a Bomb Sub to get the rare Suction Bomb Rush, so it gets a free pass

Wasabi is the dullest weapon in the game, despite its spicy name and despite the potential the blank slate main weapon offers.
Instead they threw the blank slate in the Sloshing Machine to make it even blanker.

Fresh Squiffer, just no. This is the dumbest kit of all of Volume 1, you can't just simply give something a Kraken to make it viable. Classic already has Bubbler, so that makes the Kraken even more redundant

Permanent Inkbrush is Nintendo trying to make Ink Brush viable by making it the Octobrush Ultime
Yes, it fixes its problems, but the Inkbrush has so much potential for a deadly niche set (Disruptor anything, Point Sensor Hell)

Dynamo, I get their plan (make a niche Dyna since its so gosh darn good already we can put anything ln it)
I don't get the execution (A sub that doesn't mesh with the main weapon at all and the only Special that wouldn't make it OP)

Mini Splatling is the best of all which says something about the quality of these sets

Slosher could've been so much things but they went for Splat Bombs.
Again
And then they added the boring special again.

I wonder how Burst Bombs even help the Bamboozler.
Ink Strike helps it but it's such a boring special.

Depending on how you look at it, all of the subs are bombs.
Which is dumb especially with some weapons lending themselves for great niche sets. (Slosher, Wasabi, Inkbrush)

I was hoping for Sprinklers, Point Sensors, Disruptors and a Seeker that would actually fit its main weapon but its clear Nintendo just tries to make certain weapons popular by putting a bomb on top of them.

The colors oh so bright, the sets oh so dull

Filo ITA

Full Squid
NNID
FiloSNK
I think the new dynamo is somewhere in between the silver and gold one.

Silver one is now awful because echo has been nerfed and you'll lose a ton of gauge when splatted as well. Sprinkler is way too situational, it's only truly good for building special and in some SZ maps. On a side note, people became so good at dealing with echo anyway that I dropped almost entirely the silver one way before the patch.

Gold has splat bombs which imo are one of the best subs, inkstrike is probably the worst special (along with seeker and burst bomb rush) but I don't care because of the special gauge loss and because of the fact that I go kamikaze anyway so I don't use my special that much anyway.

That tempered thing, it has seeker which again is situational (probably on par with sprinkler), special is a bit better than inkstrike but not exceptional but at least you can charge it fast.

I still think a better sub is way better than a better special unless that special is kraken or bubbler (and zooka, before the nerfs and when it required less turf as well. Now I'm not too sure). Btw, the tempered dynamo will be a lot of fun on port mackerel and camp triggerfish.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I'm struggling to think of a more viable set for the Bamboozler than the MK-II that we already have. For each successive version, neither the sub or special can be repeated, so having a disruptor is out of the question. Maybe we'll get the overused point sensor/Kraken set again. It wouldn't be unthinkable, considering the Wasabi Splattershot got the standard Pro's loadout.

... Maybe sprinkler and Bubbler?

Oh god what if it's burst bombs? There will be literally no charging on this weapon, it'd play like a long range, low spread brush: tapping the R then RZ to bomb/poke. -or if you could catch someone by surprise, launch a fully charged shot and follow up with a burst bomb; even the lightest of grazes should constitute a splat, especially if you're stacking Damage Up (which you should be if this set were real). I'd be having an internal conflict between using that or the MK-II. ...I suck with both, but it'd be motivation to try anyway.
Holy crap it is burst bombs asdfjkhdh *melts*
Let the obliteration begin.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
The new dynamo seems okay, I might try it if the special saver is greater than the other two. Refurbished Mini Splatling is going to play like a wonky splattershot: unoriginal, but fun nevertheless.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I know it shouldn't be given a great special.......that was my point
I'm confused, you said "nah" at the notion of Bubbler being OP on the Dynamo and proceeded to downplay it, so it only sounds like you're saying Bubbler on the Dynamo would be ok, unless I'm missing something. Eitherway, it thankfully does not have it!

I love how they gave some weird low tier set to the Dynamo to not make it OP.
It must've been really awkward to decide on a set:
"Ok guys, for the Dynamo, do we give it Inkzooka?"
"no too op"
"Kraken?"
"No too op"
"Errr, Bubbler?"
"No too op"
"Killer Wail"
"Yeah fine"

Seekers sound trash on a Dynamo but Killer Wail charging sounds fun with this weapon.
(I hope the Tempered isn't with the other Dynamos in the special saver system, so Killer Wail charging is even easier)

Seekers definitely should've been Point Sensors, as they fit the Dynamo without making it OP.
Point Sensors would make ambushes harder, would be ink friendly on the ink eating Dynamo, would make every lob count on the ink eating and commitment heavy Dynamo.
Seekers however, are as ink hungry as the Dynamo itself.

Definitely an illogical kit, that will devolve in Killer Wail spam.
Props for not using bombs or sticking to an existing set.

The new Splatling is more bombs, but at least it's Burst Bomb Rush so it's pretty fun.
I can't see how the Mini Splatling would use Burst Bombs, considering its turf potential is already huge and the Splatling mechanics screw with the Burst Bombs as well.
Also, they must have real confidence in the 2.07 Burst Bombs to give it as Sub and Special

What a sucky volume one and I hope volume two goes all out instead of taping bombs to a bad weapon in the hope of making it viable.

Berry Pro needed a Bomb Sub to get the rare Suction Bomb Rush, so it gets a free pass

Wasabi is the dullest weapon in the game, despite its spicy name and despite the potential the blank slate main weapon offers.
Instead they threw the blank slate in the Sloshing Machine to make it even blanker.

Fresh Squiffer, just no. This is the dumbest kit of all of Volume 1, you can't just simply give something a Kraken to make it viable. Classic already has Bubbler, so that makes the Kraken even more redundant

Permanent Inkbrush is Nintendo trying to make Ink Brush viable by making it the Octobrush Ultime
Yes, it fixes its problems, but the Inkbrush has so much potential for a deadly niche set (Disruptor anything, Point Sensor Hell)

Dynamo, I get their plan (make a niche Dyna since its so gosh darn good already we can put anything ln it)
I don't get the execution (A sub that doesn't mesh with the main weapon at all and the only Special that wouldn't make it OP)

Mini Splatling is the best of all which says something about the quality of these sets

Slosher could've been so much things but they went for Splat Bombs.
Again
And then they added the boring special again.

I wonder how Burst Bombs even help the Bamboozler.
Ink Strike helps it but it's such a boring special.

Depending on how you look at it, all of the subs are bombs.
Which is dumb especially with some weapons lending themselves for great niche sets. (Slosher, Wasabi, Inkbrush)

I was hoping for Sprinklers, Point Sensors, Disruptors and a Seeker that would actually fit its main weapon but its clear Nintendo just tries to make certain weapons popular by putting a bomb on top of them.

The colors oh so bright, the sets oh so dull
Well dang that's a negative take! Funnily enough I actually think the Refurbished Splatling is the most useless set since it's basically a handicapped Splattershot, but I do agree about the Fresh Squiffer. While Suction Bombs and Kraken are obviously really good, they don't change things much from the Classic variant. Some might still prefer it, but I don't think it's gonna increase Squiffer usage much, though maybe the Charger nerfs will.

The Inkbrush finally has a good kit, we can not complain! xP

Eh, it was to be expected that the already really good and popular Splattershot and Dynamo would get sets that are equal to their current ones at best. Killer Wail was really the only Special option left for the Dynamo, and that's the point behind the Seekers. All Dynamo kits either have a lesser sub or a lesser special to balance out how great the main weapon is. Wasabi, yeah really coulda used a different sub, now all three Splattershots have all three types of throwable bombs, but maybe that's what they were going for lol.

I actually woulda been upset if the Soda Slosher got anything other than Bombs or Disruptors as I feel it really needs a combative sub to alleviate it's weakness. Yeah it's also getting buffed already, but still! Burst Bombs can help the Bamboozler by hitting where the Bamboo can't (behind walls, ledges, around corners) and while a shot + bomb kills slower than just making two shots, it's more reliable due to the Burst Bombs larger hitbox. Basically it makes killing easier much like Disruptors on the MKII but in a different way.

I think Nintendo wanted to make sure these sets were good n viable, and well Sprinklers n Point Sensors are generally seen as lesser subs, but yeah no excuse not give Disruptors to any of the kits. Perhaps in Volume 2!

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Are you serious? You are aware of how much harder it is to get a kill with the squiffer when bubbler is activated right? The bubbler works great on weapons that can constantly shoot. They'll just swim around you since you need to charge to be able to kill and that makes it ridiculously hard to hit anyone, which means your special goes to waste. The kraken is much better on the squiffer since it's one large hitbox instead of relying on the weapon itself. You can make the bubbler work, but in most situations the kraken is simply a better choice.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
That Mini Splatling is so underwhelming, in both name and its set. Burst Bombs and Bomb Rush (again, please remember that the special is Bomb Rush, and stop treating the variations as their own special) is not going to make it stand out over the Zink Mini (aka Salt Splatling). With the fast charge of the Mini the Burst Bombs are rendered near useless (similar to the Bamboozler Mk III), and it has no decent special to back it up other than harassing users from afar, which doesn't work on a close range weapon.

You shouldn't write off Burst Bombs combined with Bomb Rush, as Hitzel has shown with his Splattershot build. I myself have gotten a quad off of the special alone before. The Tempered Dynamo seems intriguing, but still can't be played as aggressive as it could have with a different set (that would have caused Saltspray Rig to explode). The Seekers are there to get the Dynamo close to their targets, and the Killer Wail is great for forcing people off the Tower or bursting the Rainmaker shield. It should finally make the Dynamo good on Port, as they can use the Seekers to get into open areas to maximise their flick efficiency. We now essentially have a Dynamo for each Ranked mode, depending on user preference and map effectiveness.

I like 6 of the sets in Volume 1, but I am disappointed in the lack of sub variety. We have 2 x :burstbomb:, 3 x :splatbomb: , 2 x:suctionbomb:and 1 x:seeker:. We have 4 subs used out of 10, and we have 8 variants, but have no Splash Walls, Disruptors, Squid Beakons, Point Sensors, Sprinklers or Ink Mines. This is questionable especially as they buffed the Ink Mine in this update, but chose to ignore it in Sheldon's Picks. Same goes for the Specials, there are 7 in total, but have 1 x :killerwail:, 2 x Bomb Rush, 2 x :kraken:, 2 x :inkstrike: and 1 x :inkzooka:. Granted only 2 specials were ignored ( :bubbler: & :echolocator:), but still, they could have used 1 of each, with 1 special being used twice (I anticipated Kraken, as it was the first to get 2 confirmed, but was wrong).

However, I still like some of the offered sets and would like to pick up the Wasabi, Berry, Soda and Fresh Squiffer. I do enjoy playing Dynamo from time to time, but those 4 are my main interests (especially the name of the Slosher, it's so good <3). For the person saying the Squiffer is redundant due to the Classic, I beg to differ. Suction Bombs allow for traps if the user is threatened and the Kraken is a better defensive move than the Bubbler, as people do the wave dash around Bubble users, making it difficult to full charge them. I do like the Permanent Inkbrush, but won't use it because I don't enjoy hitting ZR that rapidly for extended periods of time. Overall the sub sets are nice, but more variety with subs and specials used and the combinations would be nice for Volume 2. Only 1 day remains for 2.6.0, and I won't be playing 2.7.0 until tomorrow evening (I usually play 18:30-22:00 BST).

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Are you serious? You are aware of how much harder it is to get a kill with the squiffer when bubbler is activated right? The bubbler works great on weapons that can constantly shoot. They'll just swim around you since you need to charge to be able to kill and that makes it ridiculously hard to hit anyone, which means your special goes to waste. The kraken is much better on the squiffer since it's one large hitbox instead of relying on the weapon itself. You can make the bubbler work, but in most situations the kraken is simply a better choice.
That's if the enemy get's right on top of you, and even if you can't kill you still prevented yourself from dying and can tag the enemy with Point Sensor. Conversely, when they're attacking you from a distance, which I'd think would be the case more often than not given the Squiffers range (maybe depends on playstyle I suppose), the Kraken wouldn't be as effective. Plus you can't still turf or pass it to your teammates while Kraken'd. Overall they're about even, with them both serving the same basic use as a get out of jail free card.

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
I'm confused, you said "nah" at the notion of Bubbler being OP on the Dynamo and proceeded to downplay it, so it only sounds like you're saying Bubbler on the Dynamo would be ok, unless I'm missing something. Eitherway, it thankfully does not have it!

Well dang that's a negative take! Funnily enough I actually think the Refurbished Splatling is the most useless set since it's basically a handicapped Splattershot, but I do agree about the Fresh Squiffer. While Suction Bombs and Kraken are obviously really good, they don't change things much from the Classic variant. Some might still prefer it, but I don't think it's gonna increase Squiffer usage much, though maybe the Charger nerfs will.

Eh, it was to be expected that the already really good and popular Splattershot and Dynamo would get sets that are equal to their current ones at best. Killer Wail was really the only Special option left for the Dynamo, and that's the point behind the Seekers. All Dynamo kits either have a lesser sub or a lesser special to balance out how great the main weapon is. Wasabi, yeah really coulda used a different sub, now all three Splattershots have all three types of throwable bombs, but maybe that's what they were going for lol.

I actually woulda been upset if the Soda Slosher got anything other than Bombs or Disruptors as I feel it really needs a combative sub to alleviate it's weakness. Yeah it's also getting buffed already, but still! Burst Bombs can help the Bamboozler by hitting where the Bamboo can't (behind walls, ledges, around corners) and while a shot + bomb kills slower than just making two shots, it's more reliable due to the Burst Bombs larger hitbox. Basically it makes killing easier much like Disruptors on the MKII but in a different way.

I think Nintendo wanted to make sure these sets were good n viable, and well Sprinklers n Point Sensors are generally seen a lesser subs, but yeah no excuse not give Disruptors to any of the kits.
I just hoped the sets would be as vibrant as their colors, but I guess Nintendo is indeed trying to make things viable.
Though I do think viability can be achieved with more than bombs or Kraken, it is the most effective way.

Inkbrush is the prime example of this.
Its Sanic Speed, low range and turf coverage make it an unique weapon that would make modt subs a great fit.
Bombs fix the issues a bit, but don't play into the strenghts and uniqueness as well as a niche (Read: Disruptor/Wail) set would.
Octobrush already had the "good" sets anyway.

I just can't be excited for Splat Bombs, they're just so boring lol
The sets are effective, but I feel they took the safest route to viability, causing them to drop the ball at some points.

I like the Mini Splatling and Dynamo though, it's going to be so awkward but that makes it fun.
Wasabi might be bland on paper, but the combination might prove to be as spicy as the name.
I prefer the Octobrush Nouveau over Permanent, but for Inkbrushers that don't like Octo, or love Kraken, it's fun as well.

I stand corrected on the Squiffer, but Kraken number umpteenth makes me salty.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
I agree. With the other Bamboozlers (which are already insanely good), there are instances where a person can escape or hide behind something and heal before getting hit by the follow-up shot. Now they can be easily finished off with a Burst Bomb. Same with rushdown. You only need to land one shot on them and then they're easy pickins. I have long since theorized about how op the Bamboozler would be if it got Burst Bombs. I really hope that I'm wrong.
I don't know, I'm just not feeling it. Especially now that burst bombs require accurate aim - what can the burst bomb do that the main gun can't do a lot faster for a lot less ink? The only thing it gives you is a slight need to be a little less accurate on the second shot at the cost of a ton of ink, and somewhat improved turfing (at the cost of a ton of ink.) The turfing might make it appealing for zones where it struggles a little right now - for now when I'm using bamboozler I tend to focus on splatting enemies in the zone (paint the zone with the corpses of my enemies! :p ) but short of that it doesn't feel very appealing. Walls shut down entire routes of travel in some maps. Disruptors pin your enemy down as a sitting duck to be 2-shot. Burst bombs drain half your tank so you can be slightly less accurate. I think we'll see MORE bamboozlers due to more accessibility to a fun but weird weapon, but I think the scarier boozlers will be the walls & disruptors still. I'd say mk3 would be more annoying with bombs - but what's more annoying than walls and disruptors?

Definitely going to have to pick up the soda slosher, as i have awful burst bomb game.

EDIT: FINAL WEAPONS ARE Refurbished Mini Splatling: Burst Bomb/Bomb Rush, and the Tempered Dynamo Roller: Seeker/Killer Wail

Oh god seekers on a dynamo is definitely going to be the source of a lot of salt.
had call - seekers take a ton of ink. Dynamo flings take a ton of ink. Is it worth sacrificing a wall of death fling for a prone to miss seeker? I see the seekers as more of a transit option that helps mitigate the swim speed nerf.

As a fan of dynamo and a fan of seekers - and a fan of being an aggressive ninja-squid dynamo.....this sounds fun though :) But would I give up my splat bombs for it? Hmm.

Refurbished... couldnt even afford a new mini... so disrespectful.

Jokes aside though im kinda mad they gave the mini the burst bombs and bomb rush instead of the ink brush however I dont think it will be enough to bring people away from the Zimi; Zimis just too stronk. Tempered dyna? sounds snazzy, im not a fan of dynamos but i hope they gain some mobility with those seekers. also everyone prepare yourselves for constant wails now.

Also also: Tomorrows the day i can finally get my brush Kreygasm. I WILL be maining splat bombs using that ink saver sub buff, so expect to see splat bombs in 2s.

also also also: rip the dream for dyna/bubbler
As an inkbrush fan, I'm SO glad inkbrush got splat bombs instead of burst bombs. Burst bombs are too aggressive for hit and run weapons. If you were in front of them well enough to burst them, they'll probably still shoot you, and if you snuck up on them, the brush kills better. The thing the brush NEEDED was a zoning tool, and it finally has one. It now has the choice to rely less on stealth and instead zone out, and use its speed to go for the kill. The foe CAN'T stand and fight if there's a bomb under them :) My inkbrush will finally be viable in rankedSQUEE!!

Bombs fix the issues a bit, but don't play into the strenghts and uniqueness as well as a niche (Read: Disruptor/Wail) set would.
Octobrush already had the "good" sets anyway.
Oh man, can you imagine the salt on an inkbrush with a disruptor?? The inkbrush lover in me wants to be angry we didn't get that. The every-other-weapon fan in me is soooo glad we didn't.

Last edited:

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer

I think Nintendo wanted to make sure these sets were good n viable, and well Sprinklers n Point Sensors are generally seen as lesser subs, but yeah no excuse not give Disruptors to any of the kits. Perhaps in Volume 2!
It WOULD BE OK I was downplaying it as people were saying OP DYANAMO X BUBBLER but killer wail suits better

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I honestly think Seekers can give the Dynamo something it was lacking, even with their high cost. The Dynamo can't ink up a lot itself, it's so slow and takes up so much ink, even if it does have a wider area. So while it's great for attacking, it's hard to move ahead or to recover ink. While a Seeker will cost a lot of ink, it'll also take care of both of these issues. Using Seekers for transportation is nothing new, but now it's on a weapon where it covers up some of its weaknesses.
Not only that, but it should help eliminate the amount of trading that goes on, too. Before, with nothing that exploded on contact, Dynamos didn't really have a way to get out of up-close fighting without getting taken out themselves, but the Seeker explodes on contact, so there's a better chance of hitting.

Last edited:

Cyan

Inkling Commander
One thing no-one has mentioned yet that I find crucial is how much are these things going to cost? Due to the nature of them being added in after the initial planned weapons (leading up to the Hydra and Custom variant), the costs will be a lot higher and they will probably have higher level unlocks (not a problem for those of us who had the game since launch). At the moment I'm sitting around 2xx'xxx coins (can't recall the exact number), and have been struggling to earn more money despite being S+, since I haven't played much Ranked the last 2 days since it was Splat Zones. I get Tower Control tonight, so hopefully I can use these final 3 hours to get my cash to around 300'000+, then again Moray is one of the maps, and that is such a difficult map to get comebacks on. Looks like my final night of 2.6.0 will be spent seeing the last of the E-Litre spam. If I can only afford 3 or 4 of them, my priorities will be the Wasabi Splattershot, Soda Slosher, Berry Splattershot Pro and the Fresh Squiffer. Hopefully I can also afford the Dynamo, I don't care for the Refurbished Mini (never liked the playstyle of Splatlings), Bamboozlers are awkward to learn, although I would like to get good at them (Most likely the Mk I and Mk II) and the Inkbrush is not my thing due to repeatedly spamming ZR (it murders my finger :P).

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I wouldn't expect most of them to out-cost the Custom Hydra; at just under 30k, that seemed like the furthest they'd go with pricing, as it's a big, bulky weapon, unlocked at or near Level 20 and the last one to be released. Possibly the Tempered Dynamo will overstep that, but the rest of the line-up is fairly lightweight and I'm sure it can be purchased for under 200k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom