Sheldon's Picks Discussion

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
The update drops tomorrow and we still only know half the weapons. Ugh why the suspense, I really wanna know what that Slosher and Splatling have as their kits!

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Ouch. That new Bamboozler is going to hurt in the right hands. x) I have a friend who mains the Bamboozler and I think he'll be very happy to see the Burst Bombs are the sub. It definitely gives a lot of viability to the Bamboozler as it makes it easier for them to splat. In the hands of someone with excellent aim, it's going to be a very annoying and dangerous gun. x)

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Somewhat dissapointed, New Slosher is just a mix of the sets of the Sloshing Machines and generally worse than the Deco set, while the New Bamboozler will likely be pretty good, but it's going to use a ton of ink.

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
Damn, I thought we would get unique and whacky sets and instead there's only more bombs :oops:
Many sub-weapons have just one main weapon per type but there's a bomb version for everything and instead of changing that or even thinking about what would fit they're just tacking more bombs onto even more weapons and call it a day.
The popular weapons get bombs to make them even more popular and the underrated weapons get bombs to make them mainstream, instead of giving a popular weapon a niche set (a la 96 Gal Regular)

AlsoDededork649

Pro Squid
NNID
DARandall4711
Can't wait for them to drop what the Dynamo has. I'd say a balanced set would be Ink Mine / Kraken and a stupid one would be Burst Bomb / Bubbler. I'd like to see Disruptor / Inkzooka tho.

Surprised no one is talking about the Mini set. I honestly don't know what they'll give it. Watch it be Point Sensor / Echolocator and everyone loses their minds.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Can't wait for them to drop what the Dynamo has. I'd say a balanced set would be Ink Mine / Kraken and a stupid one would be Burst Bomb / Bubbler. I'd like to see Disruptor / Inkzooka tho.

Surprised no one is talking about the Mini set. I honestly don't know what they'll give it. Watch it be Point Sensor / Echolocator and everyone loses their minds.
I'm hoping the mini gets killer wail. Also, kraken on dynamo would also be broken because kraken.

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
I'd like to see Disruptor / Inkzooka tho.

Please no.
I'm all for Beakon/Killer Wail Dynamo though.

As for the Mini Splatling set, I just hope they don't combine the Heavy Splatling sets and make it Splash Wall Kraken.
I would prefer Sprinkler/Killer Wail or Sprinkler/Echolocator

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Ok the slosher is actually
The soda slosher fitted with splat bombs and inkzooka
And the bamboozlers hard to translate
The MK14Bamboozler fitted with burst bomb and inkzooka

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
I actually really like the slosher's kit and look forward to it ^w^

omg nintendo why!? ;A; burst bombs on a bamboozler, that'll make getting kills easier since burst bombs have a lot bigger radius then the bamboozlers shots. At least it's special isn't one of the better ones >w>

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Ok the slosher is actually
The soda slosher fitted with splat bombs and inkzooka
And the bamboozlers hard to translate
The MK14Bamboozler fitted with burst bomb and inkzooka
I thought Bambi Mk3 was to have inkstrike, not inkzooka?

IMO burst bombs don't really compliment a bamboozler at all and makes it worse than the first two kits. They're slower to kill and use more ink than the main gun, and the gun has enough range and mobility that you shouldn't need thee bombs as a panic button either. I could be wrong, but I'm just not seeing how that's better than disruptors and walls. Inkzooka could sell the kit maybe - but if it's inkstrike...eh...

ultra777

Full Squid
NNID
crazydragon1000
The burst bombs on the Bamboozler will only help beginners. Most skilled Bamboozlers will find it better to just hit them twice since that would end up splatting faster.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
The burst bombs on the Bamboozler will only help beginners. Most skilled Bamboozlers will find it better to just hit them twice since that would end up splatting faster.
Makes sense since the point of Sheldon's Picks is to promote underused weapons into the meta. Getting beginners into it with the new variant fits the theme.

In the case of Fresh Squiffer and Permanent Inkbrush on the other than, that's two weapons that were brutalized by their mediocre (inkbrush) and purely awful (squiffer) kits in the past and this finally fixes them. But a lot of the new weapons I keep thinking "why?" Bamboozler Mk 3 is one of those. :)

I want to see inkbrush enter the meta :) Squiffer's been making it's way all on its own, surprisingly.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
So with the new slosher we'll get a a long-range :wst_roller_brushnormal00:N.

Somewhat dissapointed, New Slosher is just a mix of the sets of the Sloshing Machines...
Same reaction as me.
I do like Sloshing Machine, especially the Neo but now it's probably getting outclassed completely when it's not getting a buff.
You were good son, real good *pets NeoSloshingMachine* :(
At least it does have the nice point sensor.

(I'd have wished for Sprinkler or Beacon with a bubbler)

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Sorry I made a small error the bamboozler has the ink strike not inkzooka
The slosher was fully correct and yes the bamboozler does have burst bomb

Last edited:

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Now that I think about it again, neither the new weapons sound bad, it's just that they seem to be doing the same subs over and over for these new weapons. A whopping 3 weapons have :splatbomb:, a relatively common sub weapon already. Two more have :suctionbomb:, a very similar sub. Neither are bad, it's just that more than half of these weapons have a time based bomb. Meanwhile, one has :burstbomb:, which is yet another offencive bomb, and will not be as effective due to the nerf. Plus, both the Splattershot and Splattershot pros already have variants with a timed bomb, and it is not like the change will make too much of a difference. I honestly wanted to see more sub variety and the prominence of more supportive subs like :splashwall:,:disruptor:,:squidbeacon:,:pointsensor:,:sprinkler:,:inkmine:, and :seeker:, yet none of these sub weapons have made it in yet. With 6 weapons to make, they only used 3 subs. I hope that the second set has a bit more creative sub balancing and not just splat bombs everywhere.

Plus, the special variety hasn't been the best. There still are no new weapons with :echolocator:,:bubbler:, or :killerwail:, and I don't see Bubbler happening due to Zink/Dynamo salt. IMO, it would have been better if the Wasabi had :killerwail: instead of :inkstrike:, to give it a niche of a faster charging special and make it more useful in TC/RM. Also, we still have not seen either a Slosher or a Splatling with :killerwail:, which likely means they might put it on the new Mini Splatling (which is kinda a shame, it would be hard to live up to it's other variants.) The only other unique splatling special is Bomb rush, but that would mean either more Splat/Suction bombs, more Burst Bombs (which might be kind of good) or seekers, which are map dependent. It's like the developers are trying to limit their new weapon diversity.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Now that I think about it again, neither the new weapons sound bad, it's just that they seem to be doing the same subs over and over for these new weapons. A whopping 3 weapons have :splatbomb:, a relatively common sub weapon already. Two more have :suctionbomb:, a very similar sub. Neither are bad, it's just that more than half of these weapons have a time based bomb. Meanwhile, one has :burstbomb:, which is yet another offencive bomb, and will not be as effective due to the nerf. Plus, both the Splattershot and Splattershot pros already have variants with a timed bomb, and it is not like the change will make too much of a difference. I honestly wanted to see more sub variety and the prominence of more supportive subs like :splashwall:,:disruptor:,:squidbeacon:,:pointsensor:,:sprinkler:,:inkmine:, and :seeker:, yet none of these sub weapons have made it in yet. With 6 weapons to make, they only used 3 subs. I hope that the second set has a bit more creative sub balancing and not just splat bombs everywhere.

Plus, the special variety hasn't been the best. There still are no new weapons with :echolocator:,:bubbler:, or :killerwail:, and I don't see Bubbler happening due to Zink/Dynamo salt. IMO, it would have been better if the Wasabi had :killerwail: instead of :inkstrike:, to give it a niche of a faster charging special and make it more useful in TC/RM. Also, we still have not seen either a Slosher or a Splatling with :killerwail:, which likely means they might put it on the new Mini Splatling (which is kinda a shame, it would be hard to live up to it's other variants.) The only other unique splatling special is Bomb rush, but that would mean either more Splat/Suction bombs, more Burst Bombs (which might be kind of good) or seekers, which are map dependent. It's like the developers are trying to limit their new weapon diversity.
I doubt the Dynamo will have anything BUT bubbler

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom