Sheldon's Picks Discussion

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
One thing no-one has mentioned yet that I find crucial is how much are these things going to cost? Due to the nature of them being added in after the initial planned weapons (leading up to the Hydra and Custom variant), the costs will be a lot higher and they will probably have higher level unlocks (not a problem for those of us who had the game since launch). At the moment I'm sitting around 2xx'xxx coins (can't recall the exact number), and have been struggling to earn more money despite being S+, since I haven't played much Ranked the last 2 days since it was Splat Zones. I get Tower Control tonight, so hopefully I can use these final 3 hours to get my cash to around 300'000+, then again Moray is one of the maps, and that is such a difficult map to get comebacks on. Looks like my final night of 2.6.0 will be spent seeing the last of the E-Litre spam. If I can only afford 3 or 4 of them, my priorities will be the Wasabi Splattershot, Soda Slosher, Berry Splattershot Pro and the Fresh Squiffer. Hopefully I can also afford the Dynamo, I don't care for the Refurbished Mini (never liked the playstyle of Splatlings), Bamboozlers are awkward to learn, although I would like to get good at them (Most likely the Mk I and Mk II) and the Inkbrush is not my thing due to repeatedly spamming ZR (it murders my finger :p).
I'd guess 40k-50k. They can't charge THAT much for them. Though it'll be awful trying to get all that cash on my alts! :) BUT I winder if it'll let me unlock a dynamo on my alts that I haven't played the campaign on?! :) Level unlock, they seemed to have been committed, before, to requiring level 20 for everythign in the main release. So maybe they'd do lv25. Or maybe one per level above 20? (so up to lv32 by pack 2?)

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
After accepting the bomb rush that was volume 1, I'm pretty stoked for these weapons:

Permanent Ink Brush:
Now you don't have to Octobrush for a viable brush,
Splat Bombs are actually the bees knees for a brush, and Kraken makes it so that you can be a bit more reckless.
Definitely my fav this volume.

Bamboozler MkIII:
Sheldon sez this changes Bamboozling and I agree with him.
Burst Bombs might prove to be a nice combo with the default boozler and I can't wait to test the fastest kill setups.
Inkstrike is disappointing in general, but that's not the Bambo's fault.

Refurbished Mini Splatling:
I'm sure the Mini Splatling will get less out of Bursties, so it's basically a nice thought.

Tempered Dynamo:
The most unique of this set, maybe stacking ink savers makes this the niche weapon I hoped there would be.

Wasabi Splattershot:
Basic, but a nice combatative alternative for NZAP 89 and a turfing alternative for the NZAP 85

Award

@WeirdChillFever Fresh Squiffer deserves some love. Finally a squiffer that isn't held back by two utterly useless ill fitting kits. I'm a squiffer fan that's never had much love for the kits. This finally fixes a disastrous oversight. Though the big props go to the inkbrush. The vanilla kit was never bad at all, but ill suited for ranked.

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
@WeirdChillFever Fresh Squiffer deserves some love. Finally a squiffer that isn't held back by two utterly useless ill fitting kits. I'm a squiffer fan that's never had much love for the kits. This finally fixes a disastrous oversight. Though the big props go to the inkbrush. The vanilla kit was never bad at all, but ill suited for ranked.
Yup, finally a Squiffer that functions well and props to making a viable set, but I'm not a Squiffer fan and the Fresh Squiffer doesn't change that.
I'm not a Bamboozler fan either, but at least I'm intrigued by what happens if you add Burst Bombs.

Permanent Inkbrush fixes a lot of problems while giving a lot of potential for bomb traps.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
BAMBOOZLER MK III! HOLY CRAP!
Unfortunately, I shipped my Wii U back to the states, so I won't have the game for quite a while, but I know one thing for sure, I cannot wait to use the new Bamboozler. And despite people ripping into it, The Tempered Dynamo seems really interesting too.
Was hoping for a little more for the Mini Splatling, as it's already been stated, it's just a worse splattershot, which sucks since it's tough to justify using it over the Splattershot. It also sort of throws out my hopes of a Burst Bomb Hydra being in the works. But, after thinking about it, Disruptor and Suction Bombs would be amazing on this behemoth as well, so there's still hope.

soujirou88

Inkster Jr.
NNID
soujirou88
OMG, the tempered dynamo may be my new main weapon! my favorite weapon with my favorite special as well? Sign me up! Those bloody chargers better look out, cuz I finally got a small answer to those buggers!

Award

BAMBOOZLER MK III! HOLY CRAP!
Unfortunately, I shipped my Wii U back to the states, so I won't have the game for quite a while, but I know one thing for sure, I cannot wait to use the new Bamboozler. And despite people ripping into it, The Tempered Dynamo seems really interesting too.
Was hoping for a little more for the Mini Splatling, as it's already been stated, it's just a worse splattershot, which sucks since it's tough to justify using it over the Splattershot. It also sort of throws out my hopes of a Burst Bomb Hydra being in the works. But, after thinking about it, Disruptor and Suction Bombs would be amazing on this behemoth as well, so there's still hope.
LOL, you're a bamboozler fan too? I only recently got into it as a main thanks in part to @Leronne, but, you convinced me to go vanilla hydra and custom eliter over custom hydra and vanilla eliter - so I have to convince you to go mk1/mk2 over mk3 on bamboozler. Burst bombs? Why burst bombs when you've got a weapon that has TWO of the rarest kits in walls and disruptors?? ;)

Especailly since we may be forced back to burst bombs on our eliters :(

Calling it now: Pack two has A hydra with beacons and inkstrike. And maybe an eliter with seekers and seeker rush :) The Unleaded E-Liter.

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
Just wanna put it out there since ive seen so many people on different sites say ink brush should have gotten disruptor; Disruptor is possibly the absolute worst sub for the ink brush. On another weapon with range, its good, great even, but on an ink brush? Youd spend more time getting embarassed, outranged and splatted by a disrupted foe than actually getting the kill (Ive seen Fuzzy do this one too many times). In short(pun intended) Ink brush doesnt have the range to have disruptor, what it needed was a zoning tool and a ranged option like it got in splat bombs. Only thing worse would have been Point Sensor which the ink brush also wouldnt have been able to take advantage of. Kraken is Kraken. Im indifferent towards it since ink brush already had bubbler but eh, i aint complaining.

I get the whole 'ink brush is a support weapon and needs a kit that does that", but ink brush already has 2 fairly decent support kits, one even has the infamous bubbler, and the other literally has one of the best ink coverage capabilities in the game. An agressive kit needed to come eventually. Why do some people not like the new kit and bash it for being like the Octo anyway?

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I honestly think Seekers can give the Dynamo something it was lacking, even with their high cost. The Dynamo can't ink up a lot itself, it's so slow and takes up so much ink, even if it does have a wider area. So while it's great for attacking, it's hard to move ahead or to recover ink. While a Seeker will cost a lot of ink, it'll also take care of both of these issues. Using Seekers for transportation is nothing new, but now it's on a weapon where it covers up some of its weaknesses.
Not only that, but it should help eliminate the amount of trading that goes on, too. Before, with nothing that exploded on contact, Dynamos didn't really have a way to get out of up-close fighting without getting taken out themselves, but the Seeker explodes on contact, so there's a better chance of hitting.
Good point about aiding it's movement. That's something I didn't really consider. Not sure what you mean by the second paragraph though. Dynamo has a way wider hit box than a Seeker so it would be much more effective still, unless you mean the Seeker kills faster, which at point blank range it probably does, however if you miss you'll have no ink to do anything else with so that's risky, but I've still done that numerous times with the Rapid Blaster Pro hehe.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Yeah, that's what I mean! It's probably not a good idea to rely on Seekers for splats (though I'll likely still use them more than I should since they're familiar to me), but when really close, it'll be better to send out a Seeker rather than trying to swing the Dynamo, which will probably take them out, but also leaves you pretty vulnerable, since you'll be standing in front of them for a decent amount of time.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Can't see me using the DYANAMO I'm really happy with inkstrike and bombs for the gold version seekers and killer wail make it seem like a ranged carbon roller

In other words mainstream and plain

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
^ not really pertaining to Splatoon but avante gaurde... Thats a sexy *** term and i will start using it myself.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
^ not really pertaining to Splatoon but avante gaurde... Thats a sexy *** term and i will start using it myself.
Not to be a smart-mouth, but if you want to bandy it about, I suggest spelling it better: avant-garde.

Uh, to put some topical material in this post: what I haven't seen mentioned and may somewhat have been forgotten under the more notable buffs and nerfs is, regarding the Tempered Dynamo, the increased Seeker trail width. It's considerably wider, resembling, like new Bursts, the version of the weapon from Octo Valley (with an upgrade or two). I like that this makes it slightly more reliable for transport, as I use them with the Tri-Slosher Nouveau for early leads, but does that affect the hitbox at all? I wouldn't be a fan of an increased hitbox, as it's hard enough to keep them from crashing into the walls as it is. The Dynamo really doesn't want the increased downtime resulting from a missed transport shot.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Tempered Dynamo is so much fun. Though the ink usage is kinda a small problem though.

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
This flipping brush is an angel sent from heaven. Good gosh this is the best kit for it.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
My good lord this brush is to good to be true, its like awesome to use and it's a devil to others however I fail to see a new colour scheme on it

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I'm really enjoying the Tempered Dynamo and Permanent Inkbrush! :) I've used them both during Turf War and Rainmaker. The Seekers are actually really helpful on the Dynamo - especially after their buff to how much ink their trail now covers. It makes it easier for fast travel for the Dynamo without completely relying on your teammates. It was easier to ambush the other team with the Seekers and the Tempered Dynamo is definitely something to give thought to. :)

The Inkbrush is amazing. *o* As a brush main, I've always preferred using the Octobrush competitively and left the Inkbrush to Turf War. I think that I will use the Permanent Inkbrush competitively though. It has a lot of potential. It is still an Inkbrush though. :P You have to continue to stay away from the frontlines until your Kraken is charged.... Then you can safely run into fire fights. :P The Splat Bombs have been a savior too. *o* I've always wanted bombs on the Inkbrush and I'm really happy they've finally given the Inkbrush bombs.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
My good lord this brush is to good to be true, its like awesome to use and it's a devil to others however I fail to see a new colour scheme on it
The normal inkbrush and nouveau have a blue handle and this one has a red handle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom