Sheldon's Picks Discussion

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
I've taken a liking of the Berry Splattershot Pro. It's like a better version of the Splash-o-Matic. :D

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
:mad:(I shoulda created this thread) Yeah, I like that weapon too! though the color isn't really appealing,

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
.96 gal is so good now! <3 the accuracy buff easily makes it my main now. I mained it before, and no not because it was OP good or anything but its kit/range is perfect for my defensive playstyle, and now I can defend more easily without my shots missing as much.

I never really used the inkbrushes before, so I'm really awed at how well I was able to do with the permanent one, it's kit is spot on for a brush!

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
The Tempered Dynamo is beastly on Camp Triggerfish Zones. The vanilla is already pretty great, but the Tempered’s kit is perfect for this map. I just sat in one spot assisting the E-liter on my team (who was on our side) with Seekers and keeping the zones inked at all times. It also seemed to work well on Arowana Mall Rainmaker. I’m really feeling that speed nerf though… I’m definitely going to experiment more with the Tempered and see where it works. Hopefully I’ll figure out Seekers in the meantime.
Is it sad that as soon as the kit was revealed I thought "My gawd. . . Camp Triggerfish is in for it"? I'm upset at the fact I can't play for a couple months. ;~; Shouldn't have shipped it with everything else. . .

@ReeSquidGig, chill out on the double posts, that'll flag some people. :]

Last edited:

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
they should've made a new kelp splatterscope! It should be named the coral splatterscope, that would be AWESOME,!!!

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
Oooohhh, sorry.... I didn't know I did some twice I though someone was taking my titles. posts ( Okay, that sounds hypocondriatic, fake...)

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
hehe, the burst boozler, I haven't tried yet, I imagine it's fun but I can't imagine it keeps up with mk1 and mk2. I've seen a lot of people that prefer the mk2 but I've been playing with both the mk1 and mk2 and they both have their uses. Saltspray zones for example kind of "meh" with disruptors but walls are DEVASTATING. AnchoV zones on the other hand, disruptors all the way! Compared to those two options, burst bombs are just so...bland.

But Fresh squiffer, I saved that and inkbrush for today when I'm more awake patch dropped way too late last night) because I'm going to looove those weapons! :)

They don't like giving great kits to heavy weapons. It'll be beacons and inkstrike :p Though I can see suction bombs and kraken - they like mainstreaming stuff, I can see Hydra going that route. Too similar to CLiter with the kraken, though.

FWIW I briefly played with soda slosher (It's a good weapon but I'm kind of ambivalent about it. Never was a slosher fan but it's a lot better now!) Berry SSPro is amazing though I think most of the awesome comes from the main weapon buff and the fresh paint job than the suction bombs. IMO it's a better squelcher than squelcher now, and the range and speed might be a little TOO much. It feels less like an SSPro that used to have to be used charger-like and more like a more powerful JS. It's awesome...and I'm good with it....but I fear that SSPro in all forms is the new TTK. OP NEEDZ NUURRF!! ;)

All the bomb rushes now though are kind of game breaking and highly irritating. It shuts down too much of the map too long, and grinds the framerate into non-stop lag. That's not what the WiiU hardware needs.
Yea, I'm not really looking to actually use the new boozler, I was just happy it got something it would have liked pre-patch. I feel like 1 shot then throw a burst bomb would have been nice for CQC but that's definitely not the case now lol.

Lol, I can still have hope they'll show the Hydra more love than they already have. The two kits are damn good as they are now anyways, so I'm not complaining, I'd just like a kit on my Hydra that'd be stupidly broken.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Yea, I'm not really looking to actually use the new boozler, I was just happy it got something it would have liked pre-patch. I feel like 1 shot then throw a burst bomb would have been nice for CQC but that's definitely not the case now lol.
LOL, yeah, well maybe it still works, but in a lot of ways it's redundant to the disruptor and offset by the awful inkstrike. The best use of burst bombs now are its big ink radius which would be ideal to stun and trap a foe to go for the double shot, but disruptor already does that better. Though it has the side effect of damaging them which disruptor doesn't do. So maybe som dmg up on mk3 makes for a disruptor-like stun/damage followed by a 1-shot to kill. Might have a certain advantage, at the cost of a lot of ink and a worse special :) Though inkstrike is useful on zones and echo's not as great anymore. Fresh squiffer's a dream though! And I never even liked squiffer much before. I've been playing with it in preparation for Fresh! I think I still like bambi more, but squiffer's pretty fun.

Lol, I can still have hope they'll show the Hydra more love than they already have. The two kits are damn good as they are now anyways, so I'm not complaining, I'd just like a kit on my Hydra that'd be stupidly broken.
LOL, you don't want that. Then the kiddies will scream "OP" and they'll nerf it come 2.9 :p

Sucks that you can't play with all the goodies for a while :( Though...you get to remember eliter...the way it was...it was a better time... :p

As of 2.7 it's already a sploosh with the range of a splat charger. How much more stupid broken do you need it? :P

Last edited:

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
So... eight new weapons coming up? This time round, we had 2 Shooters, Chargers and Rollers (counting the Brush) and 1 bucket and Splatling. I'm not too sure the next wave will follow the same pattern, just because, for one, that'd cover every single Charger (discounting Scope variants). But what's likely to come up? I think that the Sloshing Machine lacks any outstanding sets the way that vanilla Tri-Slosher is already a lovely supporter, so that's a likely candidate for a new paint job. Then either a new L3 or H3 seems fitting, given how unpopular they are.

Award

So... eight new weapons coming up? This time round, we had 2 Shooters, Chargers and Rollers (counting the Brush) and 1 bucket and Splatling. I'm not too sure the next wave will follow the same pattern, just because, for one, that'd cover every single Charger (discounting Scope variants). But what's likely to come up? I think that the Sloshing Machine lacks any outstanding sets the way that vanilla Tri-Slosher is already a lovely supporter, so that's a likely candidate for a new paint job. Then either a new L3 or H3 seems fitting, given how unpopular they are.
A new H3 is an absolute must. It's probably the single least loved weapon in the game, or at least 1 behind bamboozler. They added a new bambi to address that so an H3, honestly I can't believe it wasn't in pack 1 (did we really need a new splattershot?)

L3...maybe. I'm still hoping a new eliter to make up for the boneheaded nerfs. I think a new hydra might show up. Sloshing machine....hmmm...maybe. But has solid popularity after the Neo. I'd almost think a new tri before a new SM. I wouldn't rule out a new sploosh. A new DS seems likely since JS got big buffs and DS will be forgotten. But we're ignoring the blasters. There's a ton of them already, but if there's 8 weapons next time, just like the splattershot, there will be overlap with popular ones.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Is it sad that as soon as the kit was revealed I thought "My gawd. . . Camp Triggerfish is in for it"? I'm upset at the fact I can't play for a couple months. ;~; Shouldn't have shipped it with everything else. . .
Honestly, the vanilla Dynamo was already really good on Camp Triggerfish as long as you know what you’re doing. I found a great sprinkler spot that makes it really difficult for the enemy team to enter their zone (up on the corner of the wall, you actually don’t even need to have range up to reach there). It’s the most deadly sprinkler spot I ever used, it gets splats all the time from unsuspecting people trying to climb up the wall.

Tempered gets the Seeker, which is amazing for traveling on Camp, and Killer Wail, which is excellent to trap people. Combine that with the main weapon being able to ink both zones very easily from your own side and… yeah. I didn’t get splatted once despite the other team putting up a fight.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
Can you imagine the coral sticking out of the Splatterscope?... I think that'll get in the way..

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Sloshing machine....hmmm...maybe. But has solid popularity after the Neo. I'd almost think a new tri before a new SM.
That's interesting. In games I've played, I can confidently say that I see more Tri variants than Machines; and between the Machines, the Neo is the far less common. That said, the Tri Nouveau is probably less common than the SM Neo; if the issue is that only one variant of a weapon is ever played, then that could be good reasoning for a new and aggressive Tri (Burst Bombs? Make up for its paltry range). But I want an SM...

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
During the rare times I actually see people using a Slosher-type weapon, it's usually the Tri, while the Machine is the least used type, but this is just from my experience. I'd say it needs a new variant not just cause of it's lack of popularity, but also identity, what with the Soda Slosher overstepping it's boundaries and taking the Machine's sub/special.

Award

Interesting, I haven't often seen tri in ranked recently, I see handfuls of the slosher deco, and I see a similar number of sloshing machines. SMN is a heck of a hunter-killer. Not in my hands...but for others :P

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I only tried three new ones so far, but here is what I think.

Refurbished Mini Splatling: Fun to use, the main weapon is pretty good and Burst Bomb Rush is great with the burst bomb adjustments. However, with it being a heavy special drop weapon, there isn't really much reason to use it over the Splattershot.

Fresh Squiffer: My favorite so far, Suction Bombs are good for pressure and Kraken feels so much more useful than Bubbler on the thing. Great if you want to play aggressively with a charger, and looks pretty fresh too.

Bamboozler MK III: Not really feeling it. I am not a bamboozler pro, yet I feel that the set is a bit lacking. Burst Bombs can score kills, but leave you with little ink. Inkstrike takes forever to charge with a heavy (why) ink reduction and poor coverage.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
The Tempered Dynamo actually gives it a decent kit for Port Mackerel. Haven't played it on there yet but it just looks like the wail and seekers will compliment it there. And just when we thought they had a stage they were weak on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom