Sheldon's Picks Vol. 3?

Kai.E

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8062-1940-0630
Hey hey everyone!

Yesterday I was playing some Splat Zones and I was on a horrible losing streak (I lost nearly 150 points). I just wanted to play something different, or something I hadn't played in a while.
But in my despair I remembered the awesome Refurbished mini Splatling and all the fun times I had with it, and my Bamboozler MkIII with its delicious use of burst bombs. then I got sad because they don't exist in Splatoon 2

But even so, this all brought me back to the days of old when we were graced with the Sheldon's picks, remember those? the two part series consisting of 16 remixes of the weapons we knew and loved?
I miss that.

Do you guys think theyll do Sheldon's picks again? they said that they're going to stop adding content to Splatoon 2 in December. Sheldon's picks was announced 3 months (March 2016) after the last weapon was added, so it's possible that we could get it in March or April 2019; well I hope so at least.

what do you guys think, is Sheldon's picks coming back? if so what kind of stuff do you want to see?

Last edited:

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I just want some more varied kits. One of the few things the first game was better at was including more interesting, unique kits. I just want stuff like that to come out, even if the weapons aren't very good.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I just want some more varied kits. One of the few things the first game was better at was including more interesting, unique kits. I just want stuff like that to come out, even if the weapons aren't very good.
Splash wall splattershot
Burst bomb charger
Burst bomb blaster
Burst bomb slosher????? Probably not because we have tri but sitll :(

Kai.E

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8062-1940-0630
what I liked about Sheldon's Picks was that they changed how the weapons were played, making the main weapon more accessible to more players. At the moment in Splatoon 2, with nearly every weapon, if you like one set you'll often be able to use the other set. but they completely remixed them so they really did feel different and new.

Last edited:

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
I'd be in favor of this, especially for the sake of adding one more kit to almost every weapon.
I would love a Shooter with Splash Wall and another with Baller, cause i find those two specials to be rare on Shooters and Dualies (my main weapon classes)

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
i never played splatoon 1 so idk what it exactly is that you guys are talking about..but is it something that they change the specials of each weapon every week or something? x.x

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Considering they're going to do 4 weapons a month and they'll continue updates until December, there have to be some third variations, because we're nearly out of weapons.

@Coolkid check Inkipedia for Sheldon's Picks.

Cephalobro

I really hope they don't make the Wasabi Splattershot have some special that would make it really common, the standard Splattershot is already too common as it is. *shudders at the thought of a Splattershot variant having Tenta Missiles*

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
Considering they're going to do 4 weapons a month and they'll continue updates until December, there have to be some third variations, because we're nearly out of weapons.

@Coolkid check Inkipedia for Sheldon's Picks.
If you’re too lazy for that, they’re a third kit for each weapon. Ex. Splat Roller, Krak-On roller, Coro Coro roller (had Splat Wall and Inkzooka) as the pick.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Honestly, I would love if they just went full force and gave every weapon in the game a 3rd variant designed to play a different or weird niche that the previous two didn't. Or returning main/sub combos that didn't make the cut when transitioning to Splatoon 2.

Kai.E

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8062-1940-0630
i never played splatoon 1 so idk what it exactly is that you guys are talking about..but is it something that they change the specials of each weapon every week or something? x.x
Sheldon's Picks was basically just more weapon kits that they added to the game after we were told there were going to be no more weapons.
It was nothing super ground breaking, but it still was a pretty big deal in the community back then.
https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Sheldon's_Picks

Last edited:

Kai.E

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8062-1940-0630
I literally just started to get into chargers again after I saw a video on good charger practice drills, but it makes me miss the sprinkler from the Kelp Splat Charger with it acting as a decoy to get people out of their ink. the Firefin took over what the Bento did, so why not reverse it and get the Kelp back in Sheldon's Picks?

Last edited:
Reactions: the

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
Honestly, I would love if they just went full force and gave every weapon in the game a 3rd variant designed to play a different or weird niche that the previous two didn't. Or returning main/sub combos that didn't make the cut when transitioning to Splatoon 2.
Don't forget the one main/special combination that could still come back. I'm sure that we'd all love to see the refurbished mini splatling with burst bomb launcher in splatoon 2. Come to think of it, none of the splatlings in the game or the ones I've seen in datamines have any kind of bomb launcher, so I think it's only fair to let the RMS have it.

Edit: oh right and the berry sspro had suction bomb launcher. That would be cool too but this one's more important because the only burst bomb launcher we're scheduled to get is the Bamboozler Mk II.

Last edited:

Kai.E

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8062-1940-0630
One weapon I was thinking of would be a Tenta Brella with burst bombs and ink armour. The ink armour would help make it more offensive by aiding with getting a team push, and the burst bombs would do the same adding pressure as well as being a panic button for people who get too close. Plus the burst bombs could help soften people up to get more splats, since the long distance damage is garbage when enemies are just in range.

Octoboy07

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4646-5491-1608
Even if you're joking all the alternate kits for existing weapons have been datamined and the Tenta Sorella Brella is set to release with splash wall.
that's awesome. But your right I was joking because the brella itself is a shield. And I do great with the tenta brella. I learn my tricks from this dude:
. P.S do you know when the tenta sorella brella comes out?

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
Hopefully in the next drop. I think there's a pretty good chance, and I put my reasoning in the spoiler.

I'm quite certain that they released details on the new splatling and slosher because they intend to release them soon in July. Only four weapons right now do not have their alternate kit: the Hydra Splatling, the Bamboozler, the Tetra Dualies, and, of course, the Tenta Brella, but the two new weapons will be kicking off two of these from the next weapon drop. Since the one of the brand new weapons is a splatling, I don't expect we'll see the custom hydra. Nintendo has already shown that they'll drop two weapons with the same sub at the same time, but the new weapons have sprinkler and toxic mist as their subs, which also happen to be the subs of the new Tetra Dualies and Bamboozler. I don't think they'll do two duplicate subs in the same drop, so one of those weapons will get pushed back (I think it will be the Tetra Dualies), leaving the Tenta Brella with its non-duplicate sub a pretty good chance at getting in at the beginning of July.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Hopefully in the next drop. I think there's a pretty good chance, and I put my reasoning in the spoiler.

I'm quite certain that they released details on the new splatling and slosher because they intend to release them soon in July. Only four weapons right now do not have their alternate kit: the Hydra Splatling, the Bamboozler, the Tetra Dualies, and, of course, the Tenta Brella, but the two new weapons will be kicking off two of these from the next weapon drop. Since the one of the brand new weapons is a splatling, I don't expect we'll see the custom hydra. Nintendo has already shown that they'll drop two weapons with the same sub at the same time, but the new weapons have sprinkler and toxic mist as their subs, which also happen to be the subs of the new Tetra Dualies and Bamboozler. I don't think they'll do two duplicate subs in the same drop, so one of those weapons will get pushed back (I think it will be the Tetra Dualies), leaving the Tenta Brella with its non-duplicate sub a pretty good chance at getting in at the beginning of July.
However, I hope they change it's kit. Curling Bomb Launcher? Doesn't seem appealing in the slightest. Splash wall will be interesting though. I would really like Burst Bomb and Ink Armor/ maybe Sting Ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom