• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Sheldon's Picks Volume 2 Announced

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
@Lonely_Dolphin I haven't used Walls much. I used to play 52 a long time ago, but that was super long while ago. Didn't think Walls suited my play-style enough at the time. I also think, with the Cherry's kit, H3 is never getting a buff ever now.

@Ansible - Yay! More people trying H3 out.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
I also think, with the Cherry's kit, H3 is never getting a buff ever now.
That really annoys me. It could have been a great weapon but the main weapon was so poorly implemented. Then to fix it instead of actually fixing it they give it this supposedly "OP" (as long as you prioritize the special...eugh...) kit that somehow corrects the fact that they flubbed the main gun.

If Splatoon were an RPG, H3 is Splatoon's token tragic character that dies in chapter 3 before really feeling like a part of the party and caring much about them. :p

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It's a weapon that demands a lot in order to be effective, that's for sure. Steady hands and pinpoint accuracy are mandatory, if you can't fire away while running around under enemy fire then don't even bother.

A bit of a range increase and a decrease in the time it takes between shots/from shooting to squid-forming (& vice versa) would go a ways towards making it better. Maybe increase the rate at which shots come out as well.

Award

It's a weapon that demands a lot in order to be effective, that's for sure. Steady hands and pinpoint accuracy are mandatory, if you can't fire away while running around under enemy fire then don't even bother.

A bit of a range increase and a decrease in the time it takes between shots/from shooting to squid-forming (& vice versa) would go a ways towards making it better. Maybe increase the rate at which shots come out as well.
I'd have settled for just making the trio of shots clustered closer together so skilled fast moving players can't effectively guarantee making it a slow 2hko weapon :)

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
On the other hand, CHydra trades some mobility for more range, more power at full charge, the same sub, and a bubbler for a special.

I can't help but think the Remix would be a lot cooler if CHydra didn't already exist. It's not that one doesn't trade things for other things, the mobility of Heavy is a big deal. But there's so much cross-over there. I do intend to give it a shake next splatfest though, as I did with Soda Slosher on Patrick.
I've been meaning to write a lengthy (but heartfelt and slightly tongue in cheek) essay on splatlings, which illustrates why no one splatling is vastly superior over another, and provides the most interesting weapon strategy I've seen (though im a dirty splatling shill, so expect lots o love :p).

Anyway, yes. Exactly. You trade speed and ink efficiency for range and power, but comparing hydra and heavy is sort of unfair to their nature. They function similarly, but simultaneously do vastly different tasks. Anyway, my point is you are correct, but how you use the splatlings makes all the difference.

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
That really annoys me. It could have been a great weapon but the main weapon was so poorly implemented. Then to fix it instead of actually fixing it they give it this supposedly "OP" (as long as you prioritize the special...eugh...) kit that somehow corrects the fact that they flubbed the main gun.

If Splatoon were an RPG, H3 is Splatoon's token tragic character that dies in chapter 3 before really feeling like a part of the party and caring much about them. :p
They only needed to either increase the velocity of the shots by a few frames or reduce the time in-between shots and it'd have been a lot better, IMO. The core weapons main problem is that, especially at higher levels of play, everyone moves too fast for you to connect all 3 shots. Which sucks, because they only have to move a little for you to miss.

But alas. I'll take what I got and work from there. Actually, I'll probably take a break from H3 mayhem for a bit.

Award

They only needed to either increase the velocity of the shots by a few frames or reduce the time in-between shots and it'd have been a lot better, IMO. The core weapons main problem is that, especially at higher levels of play, everyone moves too fast for you to connect all 3 shots. Which sucks, because they only have to move a little for you to miss.

But alas. I'll take what I got and work from there. Actually, I'll probably take a break from H3 mayhem for a bit.
I'm still quite convinced that they balanced the game based on B/B+ level play. It really seems they don't take play above that level into too much consideration for much of what they do. Nothing they do makes sense at the faster play above that level and leads to so much weirdness.

Heck, I'd not be surprised to find out they balance it based only on TW :P

Magnus0

Pro Squid
I have been doing decent with the H-3, but I have no idea what gear to use with it. I saw that Dude used lots of damage up perks in one of his video's, so I do just that, but I dunno if that's actually the way to go for the cherry.

My current set is:
Corocoro cap :ability_damage:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_inksaversub:
:clothes_tel003: :ability_damage:| :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_damage:
:shoes_sht002: :ability_inkresistance:|:ability_inkrecovery::ability_damage::ability_inkrecovery:

With this amount of damage up, two shots will do 99,8 damage. So if the enemy only stands into your ink for a little bit, they will explode. Is this actually a good set?

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
I have been doing decent with the H-3, but I have no idea what gear to use with it. I saw that Dude used lots of damage up perks in one of his video's, so I do just that, but I dunno if that's actually the way to go for the cherry.

My current set is:
Corocoro cap :ability_damage:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_inksaversub:
:clothes_tel003: :ability_damage:| :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_damage:
:shoes_sht002: :ability_inkresistance:|:ability_inkrecovery::ability_damage::ability_inkrecovery:

With this amount of damage up, two shots will do 99,8 damage. So if the enemy only stands into your ink for a little bit, they will explode. Is this actually a good set?
So, Damage Up is a decent build for it. Ink Saver (Main) is pretty much not needed as it's pretty good with ink-efficiency on the main weapon. Ink Recovery Up is a good one and so is Ink Resistance. It's not a bad idea to have Swim Speed for speedy escapes or even Run Speed so you can maintain distance in a fire fight, but you have walls so you should be fine there. Run Speed also messes with your aim, so use that only if you're sure you won't miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom