• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Sheldon's Picks Volume 2 Announced

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
**** I got greninja'd

As seen on the picture, there will be new "edgy" variants for the following weapons:
-Range Blaster
-H-3 Nozzlenose
-Heavy Splatling
-Sploosh-o-matic
-N-Zap
-Aerospray
-Splatterscope
-Coro-Coro Splat Roller (Confirmed to have the brand new Splash Wall + Inkzooka combination)

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Aww I hoped for a SplashOMatic and Sloshing Machine but Splatling, SploshOMatic, Nzap and Nozzlenose are also great!

Hope for at least 1-2 squidbeacons, please please ;_;

Last edited:

Cyan

Inkling Commander
*screams* Well that certainly came out of nowhere, a little disappointed that the Sloshing Machine and Splash didn't get new variants, as the SM needs a better kit and a buff to make it viable and another Splash would have been fun, especially if it was Beakons/Kraken or Burst Bomb/Bubbler. I anticipated a H3 and a new Aeromeme, but to see a new NZAP is also nice (maybe a slightly better kit for Ranked). I don't see myself using the new Splat Charger/Splatterscope unless it gets a good kit to beat/sit alongside the Kelp. The new Sploosh looks pretty neat with that colour scheme, but may not be viable because of the Neo. Maybe it could get Sprinkler/Disruptor and either Bubbler or Inkzooka (the only other Special I see working on it).

The key thing here is that we're basically guaranteed a buff to the H3 which it so desperately needs. I personally believe it needs less lag for shots and slightly faster shot velocity because when I have played it I usually get 2 shots to land and get splatted before I can shoot again. Overall I'm interested in the new NZAP, Sploosh, H3 and Aeromeme. Don't really use chargers much (will learn them, and only the E-Litre, Kelp and Bamboozler) so not interested in that and Splatlings aren't my thing (but I like the Refurb and will try to get good with it). Range Blaster is too slow and awkward (I only enjoy the regular and Custom, Luna is too cheap and Rapid too iffy for me consistency-wise). I've left out the Roller since we already know the kit and it seems hilarious for what it is and will try it out, but ever since the centre kill nerf I can't perform consistently well with it. To discover that they'll be out in a little over a week is also hype so I look forward to the 2.8.0 patch notes and see what balancing changes occur soon.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Oh my flipping flapping god yes finally! a date! and the other weapons!

all my friends are screaming for H-3 buffs lmfao, but give me that aerospray with a good kit please!

kinda sad to see long range blaster on there instead of rapid blaster but oh well, interested to see what they all get. I feel a splatling buff coming since hydra got buffed really nicely.

Really hyped and super glad that we have just about a week to go for these!

maxie

Full Squid
there goes my hopes + dreams of a new tri slosher, rip

but eh, the colours for these ones look kinda of weird......and with the exception of the heavy splatling i dont use any of these weapons so i dont know what to think of them rn. i really hope the h3 gets buffed though, if it becomes somewhat usable i might actually try to pick it up

Garo

Inkling
A little disappointed that there's no Rapid Blaster/Pro variant, but even so the selection of weapons is a lot more up my alley than vol.1, with the Splatterscope being the only one I have no interest in using.

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
Predictions:

Range Blaster is probably an OP kit to get people off the Custom and to raise usage of it in general.
Thus, I predict Disrubbler as a combination of the default Blaster's kits.

H-3 Nozzlenose needs an OP kit to save it.
I predict Burst Bombs to fix its TTK issue and Kraken.

Heavy Splatling is probably there to get people off the Kraken Splatling.
I predict a niche set in Squid Beakon and Killer Wail

Sploosh-o-Matic probably gets Splat Bombs to circumvent issues and Inkzooker to give it some long-range firepower

N-Zap. Just gonna be wild here: Seekers and Killer Wail

Aerospray probably gets a combination of combat and turf to lessen the pure amount of RG's.
Sprinkler and Kraken would be my guess.

Splatterscope is a hard one: Gonna throw an uneducated guess here and go with Seeker and Echolocator

Watch me be wrong though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom