• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Sheldon's Picks Volume 2 Announced

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
. I wish there was a dynamo with a splash wall now
No. Dear Great Zapfish, just NOO! :D

I still feel like they could have done much more for the H-3. They gave it a bubbler, which is okay, but I still don't think splash wall was really the right choice. It would have been great to give it burst bombs or disruptors so it can actually hit stuff, or even a buff of any kind. Splash walls just are not what it needed, it needed a way to go head-to-head. The only way you can use an H-3 like any other weapon is if you are an actual pro at aiming. On any other weapon you can miss two or three shots, but you must hit ALL of the shots with the H-3 unless you are okay with death. It just makes me sad that after all the hype is done it will return to the most underused weapon in the game, at least brushes have a few followers. It just would have been a little nice to make it better, not just slap a bubbler on and say it's good…
Couldn't agree more. I did come up against a Cherry user yesterday that was annoyingly excellent. The bubblers were annoying, primarily when they kept sharing it with their Grim (ugh!) but mostly it was the ohko aimbot shots that were annoying. Particularly as I had sploosh and kept dying head-on, when from experience, no H3 should have been able to hit me that reliably at that close with my movements as easily as they seemed to. Either this is one of the epic major top tier H3 players in Splatoon, or they were on the winning side of a lag advantage. But the thing that struck me is, obviously this is a dedicated H3 main - nobody picks up the cherry and plays it like that unless you were already an aimbot with vanilla/dolphin. And I don't think I ever saw a wall go up once.... It didn't really matter which H3 they used. The wall wasn't really part of it's success at all. My own attempt to use it featured a solid push to 1pt in tower control right out of the gates, leading the charge ahead of the tower by spamming walls and bubbles (and a 3x spc charge build) folowed by our team losing nearly all turf control and ending up losing by ko. Far from the highest k/d in the lobby, but I feel the Cherry really helped our push. But then once we were on our back heel it was almost impossible to be effective help digging out from behind with it. I feel it's a great assault weapon when the map is neutral or you are in the lead, and it's virtually useless to push back against an oppressive enemy presence without it's bubble. They can maneuver around the wall nimbly at that point. Again, vanilla's suctions are more useful for pressuring foes away than the silly wall.

Then again, half my shots missed and in the following sessions I saw my team's dynamo rolling toward me at half speed right over enemy ink, without painting anything, while 3 enemies shot at/through him and then suddenly it all sped up and we all got splatted as the turf suddenly changed. The lag was kind of extreme some of these games - which comes back to: why h3 with a wall?

Overall I played some very BS games in squads last night. Won a handful, lost most of them, and not in tightly contested ways, but matches where every player on the other team had double digit kills and no player on our team did. Matches were simply frustrating and imbalanced in a lot of cases, -BUT- it was an excellent test for some of the new weapons in impossible odds situations. Weapons I did great with the day before in a more neutral setting were all sucking against an all-Japan lagfest while I ended up worst or next to worst in k/d no matter the weapon, despite the fact that I didn't actually SEE some of our allies after things went south (where DID that charger go on museum? He was there for the first 2:00, then after the base raid I never saw him again?! And why was my sploosh the only weapon capable of painting the zone along with my squadmate's dynamo?)

So a few thoughts on those situations on these weapons, updated (Sorry, was on alt 1 so no PG...and I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to use PG :( )

Cherry: As said above, it's an amazing weapon to press in a neutral or leading position. It can really plow forward and do some damage with its turf range and offensiveness of a wall/bubble deployment. However it seems almost useless when you're in a trailing position and trying to press back. The walls don't help when they have superior mobility, the range doesn't help with the shot spread if the enemies have superior mobility as they can jank past your shots, the bubbler doesn't charge fast enough before getting killed even with 3x special charge mains when things are going bad. We ALMOST got a KO in the first 40 seconds thanks to it's ability to press in neutral turf. Got to 1pt. But then lost to KO as once things went bad, and they had the turf advantage, I might as well have squid partied with it. Vanilla's suctions would have helped a lot there. And it's faster charging wails would have helped too.
It has a niche, but it's not universal. #BuffDaNose

Grim: I seem to most often play against a lag advantage. In private battles with western players I was playing the grim amazing yesterday. In mostly Japanese lobbies, however, everybody was magically invincible against my burst radius. Great weapon, and still my favorite RnB. I want to give it a fairer shake, but given some of the missed shots, and their ability to avoid what should be obvious doom, I kept wishing for my chargers back.
Shame because I do like it a lot. But I'm not sure East Coaster's playing against mostly Japan in late night (our time) can have much luck with range blasters in general :( (I do hate having to choose weapons based on network conditions rather than how they actually play...)

CoroCoro: I really like the new roller. I'm not great with it yet, I haven't perfected a technique with it yet, and I wasn't a k/d leader with it, and I'm pretty sure we lost that round (like most others) but it had a generally great feel and made some excellent plays. Still my favorite roller.

Sploosh 7: Spent the most time with it since it's from the class of one of my main mains. Went probably 50/50 while using it, negative k/d often, but a sploosh is a sploosh (darned Remix kept taking me out on approach every time, largely by somehow not dying every time they stood right on top of my splat bombs....) But I do love the Sploosh 7. I wasn't getting too many inkzookas, and zookas can be either easy or hard to use in darned makerel depending on ink conditions (and a pain in museum), but the ones I got were appreciated, and the splat bombs....well when do you NOT love splat bombs? :)

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
@Award - It is exactly that. The Cherry's Wall isn't as required to help H3 at all. The weapon was made to go out and murder people, and you don't do that by hiding behind a wall. The wall is a distraction or a tool to aid your team mates. It's just another tool to block approaches so you can force them to walk into a burst of doom. Anyone who gets a lot of splats with Cherry, save for bailing yourself out with Bubble, should be able to get just as many, if not more, with the Dolphin and Standard (probably even more because Suction traps and Inkzooka). In some situations, I'd argue it's better to have Inkzooka so you have a tool to take out Snipers when your team can't close in.

When I first used the Cherry, I immediately thought "I wish I had a Suction Bomb right now" and that's because of what I believe to be H3's intended purpose as a hunting weapon. Cherry's best uses for it's kit are just supporting your team with them. You have friends in combat? Throw a wall in front of them then swim around and flank. Everyone is in danger? Pass the Bubble. The other two H3's solution to these situations is "I'm just going to splat that guy" and in both cases, that's the end goal.

My current opinion on Cherry is that it is not the Penultimate H3. The others still have their uses and I think the Standard is most versatile in playing role's. The Dolphin is the most offensive oriented as your goal is tag, hunt, splat. Cherry is more of a tactical weapon, using walls to block approach options, then coordinating with nearby team mates so one of you gets the splat. The Standard is also fairly tactical, but in its case, you don't block approaches with a wall, you block them with something that will splat your foe if you can make them retreat (which you should definitely be able to do). The walls are more for stalling and making your foe work hard to close in on you to give you more time to get yourself out of bad situations, whether it's calling in back-up, Bubbling, Jumping away, or finally landing that burst (which is still very difficult).

IMO, I'd rather have my foes dead as opposed to stall for time. Cherry is good on Camp, but the Standard and Dolphin can hold the same space as well if you know what you're doing and Suction Bombs can splat your foes if they over-extend and you don't have to actually shoot them. Inkzooka can also make them completely halt their advance on it's own as not even double teaming you will help in that situation. Cherry? You can bubble, but you still have to land those shots. Some players can just dance around you until it runs out and then you die.

I'd like to hear other impressions from other players about the Cherry as well, since I'm coming from a place where most of what Cherry can do, I had found a solution to with the other two variants.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
About the Grim Blaster, can't say what I like more: the inkling on sheldon box or the weapon itself.
I really like burst bomb with this weapon, it helps to finish opponents even when shots are not directly hit so it turns out a lot of kills in one match.

Award

@Shun_one yep, it seems your thinking on it is similar to mine, and that's a good opinion to get since you're the only bona-fide H3 main in Splatoon :p

When I first used the Cherry, I immediately thought "I wish I had a Suction Bomb right now" and that's because of what I believe to be H3's intended purpose as a hunting weapon. Cherry's best uses for it's kit are just supporting your team with them. You have friends in combat? Throw a wall in front of them then swim around and flank. Everyone is in danger? Pass the Bubble. The other two H3's solution to these situations is "I'm just going to splat that guy" and in both cases, that's the end goal.
Absolutely. The first two definitely cater to me play with it a lot more. The cherry feels so wrong. It's not a turtling weapon in any way. It can't afford to be: It's too slow and hard to use. I'm surprised at all the praise. Sheldon states that it's a great "entry level" H3, and I think people really have missed that part of the description. It seems in every way that it was designed purely as "my first H3" to give defensive options to make people more willing to try it and less afraid of getting stuck in a bad spot, but that it's still considered less powerful than the other two. Pressing to near KO was fun, but it was unrewarding when the rest of the match left me powerless. I could use its toys to keep myself safe, but that's kind of useless when the goal should be to make opponents unsafe :)

I tend to like vanilla the best still. The use of bombs just makes it versatile for so many situations. But the times I've used the Dolphin, lag pending, I've found it really helpful, in fact it's probably the weapon MOST helped by point sensors, as the direct line drawn gives you a perfect aiming line to your enemy and helps exploit the range more.

It just seems a poor use for a wall, even though on paper it should have been good. The corocoro sounds like it would be awful yet is good. The way you describe using the wall for the Cherry is really the way to best use the wall on the CoroCoro. But the CoroCoro can take advantage of those tactics a lot more efficiently. The Wallgals are of course the ultimate in turtling aside from CHydra.

When I use Cherry I keep asking myself: Is there anything this does better than a Bambi Mk1? Or even as good as? And I keep thinking: No, not really. It can ohko (if you're close enough, practically speaking) but other than that the bambi gets similar range and more reliable kills with faster maneuverability around its own walls. At least the Dolphin gives you sensors and a weapon with range and accuracy issues that can use them and vanilla gives suction bombs. It inks better. Sort of! :)

Cherry? You can bubble, but you still have to land those shots. Some players can just dance around you until it runs out and then you die.
This is so true. I find the Cherry plays like the Chydra's bubbler in a lot of ways. You can bubble, but it's best used to retreat, as a direct attack is going to be difficult if they know you're aiming for them. At least hydra you can pop a bubble then charge during the bubble. Whether they stay to attack or run, and either way your full charge can probably get them without even moving from your spot - with a 3hko! H3....that's a lot harder. IMO the ONLY way to make H3 work is if they don't suspect you're shooting at them. A charger with no laser, or a sploosh that moves in lines.

I'd like to hear other impressions from other players about the Cherry as well, since I'm coming from a place where most of what Cherry can do, I had found a solution to with the other two variants.
Oh, you want opinions from other H3 players? I don't think either of them are online today... ;):p

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
@Award - It is exactly that. The Cherry's Wall isn't as required to help H3 at all. The weapon was made to go out and murder people, and you don't do that by hiding behind a wall. The wall is a distraction or a tool to aid your team mates. It's just another tool to block approaches so you can force them to walk into a burst of doom. Anyone who gets a lot of splats with Cherry, save for bailing yourself out with Bubble, should be able to get just as many, if not more, with the Dolphin and Standard (probably even more because Suction traps and Inkzooka). In some situations, I'd argue it's better to have Inkzooka so you have a tool to take out Snipers when your team can't close in.

My current opinion on Cherry is that it is not the Penultimate H3. The others still have their uses and I think the Standard is most versatile in playing role's. The Dolphin is the most offensive oriented as your goal is tag, hunt, splat. Cherry is more of a tactical weapon, using walls to block approach options, then coordinating with nearby team mates so one of you gets the splat. The Standard is also fairly tactical, but in its case, you don't block approaches with a wall, you block them with something that will splat your foe if you can make them retreat (which you should definitely be able to do). The walls are more for stalling and making your foe work hard to close in on you to give you more time to get yourself out of bad situations, whether it's calling in back-up, Bubbling, Jumping away, or finally landing that burst (which is still very difficult).

IMO, I'd rather have my foes dead as opposed to stall for time. Cherry is good on Camp, but the Standard and Dolphin can hold the same space as well if you know what you're doing and Suction Bombs can splat your foes if they over-extend and you don't have to actually shoot them. Inkzooka can also make them completely halt their advance on it's own as not even double teaming you will help in that situation. Cherry? You can bubble, but you still have to land those shots. Some players can just dance around you until it runs out and then you die.

Splash Wall most certainly can help you get kills, and more importantly it let's you try to get aggressive kills/spread ink safely, thus actually better lending to the go out and murder idea. The major point that is easily forgotten though is objective pushing potential, and I'd say the Cherry has far greater capabilitys in this area compared to the other variants. Wall/Bubbler are great for taking/defending the zone, riding/stopping the tower, and defending/stopping the rainmaker. That's all it needs to be my defacto H-3!

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
The splatling remix is definitely my weapon of choice this release. It's deceptively passive, but if used strategically, is imo the most flexable splatling yet. No it doesn't have the immediate gratification or lethality the deco or the defense of heavy, but so far, its been my choice for balanced support and aggressive line pushing. I can use the sprinkler to make a safe perch, throw one as bait or to stop advances, or cover paths. The wail shuts down popular hiding spots, and forces teams to take alternate routes, which splatling can quickly intercept.

I may be in the minority, but the remix is a beast, and something I'll probably end up maxing out. Im gonna try the rest when I get enough cat muns, but I'm happy with my purchase.

Award

About the Grim Blaster, can't say what I like more: the inkling on sheldon box or the weapon itself.
I really like burst bomb with this weapon, it helps to finish opponents even when shots are not directly hit so it turns out a lot of kills in one match.
Not during "the dark hours", unfortunately ;)

Splash Wall most certainly can help you get kills, and more importantly it let's you try to get aggressive kills/spread ink safely, thus actually better lending to the go out and murder idea. The major point that is easily forgotten though is objective pushing potential, and I'd say the Cherry has far greater capabilitys in this area compared to the other variants. Wall/Bubbler are great for taking/defending the zone, riding/stopping the tower, and defending/stopping the rainmaker. That's all it needs to be my defacto H-3!
It's true that it helps push the tower. I've never found walls to be great protection in RM or zones in general though. In both modes in most maps, there's too much turf in play and too easy to just go around the wall. Rarely do walls impede my own RM runs either. When they do it's because I'm charging straight at 3 squids ahead of the goal - I was dead with or without the wall. I DO use the walls heavily with bambi, but bambi's a fast killer. I only need my wall for a second to get the shots off and then it's abandoned. H3's speed doesn't lend to that rapid blitz wall-kill-flee play. 96 is the exception to "walls are better for fast weapons" play IMO,

For zones, with H3's speed, suction bombs just seem so much more helpful. It denies a huge portion of the zone to short range opponents and they MUST wait for it. And I can't tell you how many times I've claimed zones with bombs in some maps :P

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
The splatling remix is definitely my weapon of choice this release. It's deceptively passive, but if used strategically, is imo the most flexable splatling yet. No it doesn't have the immediate gratification or lethality the deco or the defense of heavy, but so far, its been my choice for balanced support and aggressive line pushing. I can use the sprinkler to make a safe perch, throw one as bait or to stop advances, or cover paths. The wail shuts down popular hiding spots, and forces teams to take alternate routes, which splatling can quickly intercept.

I may be in the minority, but the remix is a beast, and something I'll probably end up maxing out. Im gonna try the rest when I get enough cat muns, but I'm happy with my purchase.
I might try the Heavy SPlatling again! (Also haiiiii aqua)

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
I think this is one of Cherry's strengths, indeed. It makes leading pushes easier for an H3, but I think the other two can also do this, just not as well or consistent. I definitely see where you're coming from with pushes and that's a great point. For me, I'm able to do that with the other 2 H3's, albeit not as well or as consistent, but it can be done; but is that a matter of "the other two have uses" or am I just playing very smart.

I think, depending on stage and mode, the Cherry can be the best choice of H-3, or on par with the others in terms of versatility in helping push goals. The walls, I've found at least, help me get around corners without instantly running out to die and they do help defending an area, that's true. I think it's kit has uses the other two's kits don't, and for that I think Cherry's best uses are a bit different compared to the others. You can confront people more openly with it in comparison to the other two.

I think "more user friendly H3" is an accurate term to stick to Cherry. For me, I've been so used to the other two, that I don't necessarily need Cherry's kit to accomplish what I need to get done. But like I said before, I don't know if that's me just playing smart as opposed to the kit's of the weapons being better suited to the task.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Not during "the dark hours", unfortunately ;)

It's true that it helps push the tower. I've never found walls to be great protection in RM or zones in general though. In both modes in most maps, there's too much turf in play and too easy to just go around the wall. Rarely do walls impede my own RM runs either. When they do it's because I'm charging straight at 3 squids ahead of the goal - I was dead with or without the wall. I DO use the walls heavily with bambi, but bambi's a fast killer. I only need my wall for a second to get the shots off and then it's abandoned. H3's speed doesn't lend to that rapid blitz wall-kill-flee play. 96 is the exception to "walls are better for fast weapons" play IMO,

For zones, with H3's speed, suction bombs just seem so much more helpful. It denies a huge portion of the zone to short range opponents and they MUST wait for it. And I can't tell you how many times I've claimed zones with bombs in some maps :p
Naw what's too easy is to shoot at those foolish enough to try the long way around and reposition yourself so that the Wall is always between you and the enemy. You really don't see how the Wall can delay foes and block shots from reaching your RM carrier? You can't blame the Wall if you don't use the Wall how it wants to be used! :L
Technically the H-3 is an even faster killer, but kill speed doesn't really matter when the opponent can't hit you.

A Splash Wall can deny the entire zone (well some of them), and shooting is more effective than bombs in paint wars, yes those do happen often! Not denying suction bombs usefulness here, but we are talking kits as a whole, and Bubbler is just better than Echolocater at pushing Splatzones or any objective, and Splash Walls are certainly better than Point Sensors though they're not bad or anything. Tbh the only real advantage either of the pre-existing kits have is Inkzooka, otherwise the Cherry's kit is straight up superior, but that's all imo!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I think this is one of Cherry's strengths, indeed. It makes leading pushes easier for an H3, but I think the other two can also do this, just not as well or consistent. I definitely see where you're coming from with pushes and that's a great point. For me, I'm able to do that with the other 2 H3's, albeit not as well or as consistent, but it can be done; but is that a matter of "the other two have uses" or am I just playing very smart.

I think, depending on stage and mode, the Cherry can be the best choice of H-3, or on par with the others in terms of versatility in helping push goals. The walls, I've found at least, help me get around corners without instantly running out to die and they do help defending an area, that's true. I think it's kit has uses the other two's kits don't, and for that I think Cherry's best uses are a bit different compared to the others. You can confront people more openly with it in comparison to the other two.

I think "more user friendly H3" is an accurate term to stick to Cherry. For me, I've been so used to the other two, that I don't necessarily need Cherry's kit to accomplish what I need to get done. But like I said before, I don't know if that's me just playing smart as opposed to the kit's of the weapons being better suited to the task.
"Not as well or as consistent" Aha so you admit the Cherry is superior! :p
That doesn't mean you can't still do just fine with the pre-existing variants of course so if you like them better then more power to ya!

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
Naw what's too easy is to shoot at those foolish enough to try the long way around and reposition yourself so that the Wall is always between you and the enemy. You really don't see how the Wall can delay foes and block shots from reaching your RM carrier? You can't blame the Wall if you don't use the Wall how it wants to be used! :L
Technically the H-3 is an even faster killer, but kill speed doesn't really matter when the opponent can't hit you.

A Splash Wall can deny the entire zone (well some of them), and shooting is more effective than bombs in paint wars, yes those do happen often! Not denying suction bombs usefulness here, but we are talking kits as a whole, and Bubbler is just better than Echolocater at pushing Splatzones or any objective, and Splash Walls are certainly better than Point Sensors though they're not bad or anything. Tbh the only real advantage either of the pre-existing kits have is Inkzooka, otherwise the Cherry's kit is straight up superior, but that's all imo!
I can see where you're coming from better now, yeah. Part of my reluctance with it is yeah, I don't like Walls utility terribly much when I could do the same thing with the other kits anyway. But, that's me and I've put way too much time into these. I think it's a good kit, yeah, but for me I couldn't see myself never using the other two again.

I've been putting more time into it to get a better feel for using it and the Walls are great when I use them properly so I'm likely going through an adjustment phase there. I'm too used to being 1-v-2'ed whenever I play and my walls break real fast whenever that happens. I can agree with you that on paper, Cherry's Kit is the best of the bunch. In utility? I can probably find some uses for the other two. Thanks for the input. My H3 research continues!

Award

With the faster weapons - corocoro, and especially Mk1, I don't really think about these things, I just kind of "do it" - the H3 slows it down to the point I have to kind of sit there thinking about it....and that's not good. I don't really consider an H3 a faster killer than Mk1 and surely not a faster killer than the ohko roller. If it hits all 3 shots, yes, but very rarely does it hit all 3 shots unless you are at close range. And often enough lag prevents all 3 shots from hitting even if you are at close range. I see both H3 and bambi as a 2hko weapon - and bambi pulls off both shots faster. Only when I flank & rush like a sploosh from close range does the H3 become a RELIABLE ohko weapon for me.

Apparently you get different rotations in zones than I do :p Every time I play zones it's either Museum (just step around the wall!), Walleye (step around the wall!), or Flounder (heh. heh.) With an unhealthy dose of Hammerhead mixed in :p Yes, yesterday I got mackerel - I wasn't using H3 there though. Whenever I get a different map for a change it's freaking Moray :p

Generally I'm not actually a huge echo fan. The bombs are so useful I think of echo as a "refill tank special" but I'll give you that one. Point sensors can be useful, as can echo, for H3 specifically because it draws that direct line right to your target! I'll concede though that some of my problem with the wall on Cherry H3 is similar to my problem with wall on Bento. It just feels like the wall isn't the right compliment for otherwise ungainly weapons that ideally take shots from off-angles rather than head-on. But given the praise bento has received from some some people do prefer to play them that way.

Overall, this still isn't what H3 needed. It's still a rare niche and really needed that buff.

@Shun_one 1v2? Pfft, you need to get with my teams. 1v3 or bust!

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.

Having played with and against him, I can confirm, that thing is a serious threat in the right hands.I feel the sprinkler is an amazing sub for the splatling. Helps it cover a lot of ground, can be used as support, or a distraction. Wail's a bit of a questionable special for me, but used well it can stall the enemy team effectively.

Award

Having played with and against him, I can confirm, that thing is a serious threat in the right hands.I feel the sprinkler is an amazing sub for the splatling. Helps it cover a lot of ground, can be used as support, or a distraction. Wail's a bit of a questionable special for me, but used well it can stall the enemy team effectively.
On the other hand, CHydra trades some mobility for more range, more power at full charge, the same sub, and a bubbler for a special.

I can't help but think the Remix would be a lot cooler if CHydra didn't already exist. It's not that one doesn't trade things for other things, the mobility of Heavy is a big deal. But there's so much cross-over there. I do intend to give it a shake next splatfest though, as I did with Soda Slosher on Patrick.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
On the other hand, CHydra trades some mobility for more range, more power at full charge, the same sub, and a bubbler for a special.

I can't help but think the Remix would be a lot cooler if CHydra didn't already exist. It's not that one doesn't trade things for other things, the mobility of Heavy is a big deal. But there's so much cross-over there. I do intend to give it a shake next splatfest though, as I did with Soda Slosher on Patrick.
If you are well versed in Heavy Splatlings, I'm sure it will become something you may come to love. I don't use them as much anymore, but I have so many ideas for how it could be used well on so many map based on the kit. I'll probably give it a go soon.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I can see where you're coming from better now, yeah. Part of my reluctance with it is yeah, I don't like Walls utility terribly much when I could do the same thing with the other kits anyway. But, that's me and I've put way too much time into these. I think it's a good kit, yeah, but for me I couldn't see myself never using the other two again.

I've been putting more time into it to get a better feel for using it and the Walls are great when I use them properly so I'm likely going through an adjustment phase there. I'm too used to being 1-v-2'ed whenever I play and my walls break real fast whenever that happens. I can agree with you that on paper, Cherry's Kit is the best of the bunch. In utility? I can probably find some uses for the other two. Thanks for the input. My H3 research continues!
Have you used Splash Wall.weapons before? The Slosher Deco is among my favorite weapons so that's probably why this kit really clicks with me and is what I always hoped the H-3 would get! I'm definitely exaggerating when I said I'll not use the other kits, tagging is always useful as are fast Inkzookas, but the Cherry will certainly be my main H-3!

With the faster weapons - corocoro, and especially Mk1, I don't really think about these things, I just kind of "do it" - the H3 slows it down to the point I have to kind of sit there thinking about it....and that's not good. I don't really consider an H3 a faster killer than Mk1 and surely not a faster killer than the ohko roller. If it hits all 3 shots, yes, but very rarely does it hit all 3 shots unless you are at close range. And often enough lag prevents all 3 shots from hitting even if you are at close range. I see both H3 and bambi as a 2hko weapon - and bambi pulls off both shots faster. Only when I flank & rush like a sploosh from close range does the H3 become a RELIABLE ohko weapon for me.

Apparently you get different rotations in zones than I do :p Every time I play zones it's either Museum (just step around the wall!), Walleye (step around the wall!), or Flounder (heh. heh.) With an unhealthy dose of Hammerhead mixed in :p Yes, yesterday I got mackerel - I wasn't using H3 there though. Whenever I get a different map for a change it's freaking Moray :p

Generally I'm not actually a huge echo fan. The bombs are so useful I think of echo as a "refill tank special" but I'll give you that one. Point sensors can be useful, as can echo, for H3 specifically because it draws that direct line right to your target! I'll concede though that some of my problem with the wall on Cherry H3 is similar to my problem with wall on Bento. It just feels like the wall isn't the right compliment for otherwise ungainly weapons that ideally take shots from off-angles rather than head-on. But given the praise bento has received from some some people do prefer to play them that way.

Overall, this still isn't what H3 needed. It's still a rare niche and really needed that buff.

@Shun_one 1v2? Pfft, you need to get with my teams. 1v3 or bust!
Thinking about what, whether to shoot at an enemy that can't shoot you back? That's not something I need to stop and think about lol! Getting a full burst K.O., while probably not the vast majority of my kills, is still relatively common and certainly not rare, atleast for me. But again, it doesn't matter how fast you can kill when you have all the time in the world to do so.

It doesn't really matter what the map is, stepping around a wall is simply not as simple as you make it sound. Plus even when you do, then there's quite likely a Bubbler to deal with.

I definitely agree that the main weapon itself should of gotten a more significant buff, but Splash Wall and Bubbler are the perfect compliment for a weapon that struggles with direct confrontation. That kit in general is laughably OP, so the only way it can be fair is if it's given to an underwhelming weapon to balance things out. That's probably why the H-3 didn't get a real buff, as much as it sucks for the pre-existing kits.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
*girlish giggle* Oh wow, H3 talk. *gushes*

Instead of a bit o turf war I immediately began using the Cherry in ranked mode, on my low-ranking alt account where I only use nozzlenoses. I found myself being very domineering with its kit. Rainmaker and Splat Zones I found myself herding, stalling, and trapping my opponents. The kit let me control where my opponents could go and what movement options they had, even in a few instances when we were lacking map control. It probably feels "user friendly" if you aren't accustomed to using an H3, but if you already are then it can be turned into a tactical, map controlling fiend.

Even when my team didn't win the match, using it still felt glorious!

I'll continue trying to perform my bubble in front & splash wall behind you idea to trap players or contain specials as I continue playing with it. Hopefully it'll pan out.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty hyped to finally play the splatling remix tonight or tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom