Sheldon's Picks Volume 2 Announced

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
The "Sploosh7" hasn't gotten a reveal for the kit yet, but I love how fresh that little digital thing looks!

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/145479483471/the-sploosh-o-matic-7-retains-the-stats-of-the

And the Cherry Nozzlenose has Splash Wall and Bubbler!
http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/145479475443/check-out-the-super-sweet-cherry-h-3-nozzlenose
Beat me to the punch, I see
I feel like the 7 would've been better if it was called the Raspberry SPloosh or something
I hope the kit's good, I'm getting to really like the Sploosh (an offensive throwable or something would be nice)

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I hope I missed a memo, but unless that's the case, it was expressly stated that Sheldon's Picks would be released in two volumes, so we don't know if any more weapons will come at all after Tuesday. Sorry to ruin your hopes twice within the space of an hour...
Although this is entirely true, they also said they wouldn't be releasing anymore content after January. Yet, here we are in June about to get 9 new weapons. There is most certainly a possibility. I wouldn't get my hopes up, but I wouldn't count it out either.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander

splat bombs+inkzooka..............on a sploosh.............
great kit for it but I don't want to face it.......sploosh is annoying enough as it is to face...

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I hope I missed a memo, but unless that's the case, it was expressly stated that Sheldon's Picks would be released in two volumes, so we don't know if any more weapons will come at all after Tuesday. Sorry to ruin your hopes twice within the space of an hour...
Well, at least you're living up to the "shock" portion of your name.

Now please excuse me while I go off to be emo in a corner and retell these disappointments in my journal blog livejournal facebook youtube video. =p

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I'm a little disappointed with the kit (I was kind of holding out for Seekers), but that's just because I don't have much skill with Splat Bombs or Inkzooka. etter get practicing, I guess! (especially since I also wanna be good with that Coro Coro roller)

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
I'm a little disappointed with the kit (I was kind of holding out for Seekers), but that's just because I don't have much skill with Splat Bombs or Inkzooka. etter get practicing, I guess! (especially since I also wanna be good with that Coro Coro roller)
psst, the octobrush nouveau uses splat bombs and inkzooka, so you could totally practice with that in the meantime.

Creator438

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Creator438
Can't w8 for that bronze Aerospray! Hope it has Burst Boms and Kraken or Burst Bombs and Bubbler!

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
...i was hoping we'd get a new splat charger since the first volume. the original is okay, but i don't like the kelp, and i feel like sometimes the splat charger gets overshadowed by other chargers with better loadouts...

...the original is okay, but i don't like the kelp, and i feel like sometimes the splat charger gets overshadowed...

...i don't like the kelp...

Nah but seriously, it'd be pretty cool to have a sort-of beginner charger in the game (If it works out that way). And personally, i'd take a Splatterscope over an E-liter any day. The Kelp is my baby. With it being the most well-rounded charger in the first place, maybe more people will pick it up and we'll see more younger players that actually know how to use and counter chargers.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
I don't think beginner charger is a good label for the bento. You have to know when and how to throw a splash wall, and since it doesn't have sprinkler like the kelp then your gonna have a harder time keeping your feet in your own ink and all. Bento to me is an anti charger as has been already stated, and I consider it more technical since there are so many things you can use a splash wall for: escape, blocking off a lane, protecting you long enough to get a charge off etc. and it can be placed in very intricate ways. Splat bombs on the regular charger you just toss and they go BOOM simple, though learning how to roll them or toss them just right is necessary (not always but still) and sprinklers you toss and they ink the area around them. Simple to grasp/use. Not dissing on the subs or the chargers that carry them, just saying that 'beginner' is not a good label for the Bento.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I don't think the people giving that label that it can't be used strategically, I think they mean that having a Splash Wall will be good to help newer players learn to use chargers more easily. (I know I would have loved some kind of defense on my Match of Disaster trying to use one) Like you pointed out, there's definitely a lot more uses for the Splash Wall, and it'll likely still have a good place in the upper ranks, like some other weapons. (Bubbler is good for a lot of things, but having it on the Splattershot Jr. and letting newbies get out of a tight spot helps them play more and thus learn more, and the Splat Roller and Krak-On Splat Roller are both still pretty formidable even though they mostly seem to be to introduce rollers and Krakens)

Of course, it does depend on what level it's even unlocked at, since it wouldn't be very useful for teaching if it was unlocked a lot later.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031

splat bombs+inkzooka..............on a sploosh.............
great kit for it but I don't want to face it.......sploosh is annoying enough as it is to face...
If anything, it'll give me an excuse to give Splooshes another chance.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Though the bento would be unlocked later, most players don't seem to really bother with chargers to any significant degree until their later levels. After all, how often have some of us here come across poor or noobish chargers at level 30+~50?

The "only real downside" would be having to go through Sheldon's Spiel for each weapon once you hit level 20...

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
Do you think the Sprinklers and Squid Beacons will be recognized again?

I really love using these subs and it's kind of sad they don't seem to be in any of the new weapons.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
Oh yeah, I forgot that the new weapons are unlocked at level 20...

I remember when I started Splatoon, my main goal was to get good at chargers, more specifically, the E-liter (I watched WhiteHawke a lot), and I was disappointed to find out that you don't unlock it until level 18. I really didn't like the Splat Charger (I liked the Splatterscope, though), I didn't buy it until after the E-liter.

Anyways, yeah, I was referring to the post that suggested that a wall would give newbies a little more time to aim. I'm gonna love that thing to death! I keep thinking about the area coming out of closed to mid on Arowana Mall and thinking how great it would be to have a Splash Wall there so you don't get splatted trying to left-side peek. That being said, the splash wall isn't the most "attractive" sub in the lower levels, but the ones that DO figure out it's usefulness are gonna have a good time (or not, who knows?).

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
A while back I picked up the H-3s and tried to make them work. I went 8-0 in an Arowana Mall TW game, but I was pretty inconsistent with them; I always felt vulnerable when people managed to get in close. Bubbler and Splash Wall is a beautiful combination for the new H-3 and would definitely take care of that problem as it has more than enough range to make use of a wall. I might even pick it back up, running a swim speed + ninja squid combination with some swim strafing practice.

I also like the new Splat Charger loadout, mostly for echolocators, and it would be worth it for me to relearn that one.

I'm still crossing my fingers and praying to Fishy Jebus that the splatling comes with disruptors and echolocator. It probably won't happen for a variety of reasons, but if it did you would never see me use any other weapon. I'd make it work.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Do you think the Sprinklers and Squid Beacons will be recognized again?

I really love using these subs and it's kind of sad they don't seem to be in any of the new weapons.
Yeah, even on the popular weapons they feel underused. Giving a sprinkler to an aerospray might be redundant but I'm holding out that the new splatling will be given squid beacons—or splash wall!

(yes, I know the basic splatling already has splash wall xP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom