• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Sheldon's Picks Volume 2 Announced

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
what is wrong with you?!

i kid. i actually would appreciate an aerospray with SOMETHING to make up for lost range. a bubbler would probably complement it, as you have to get up close and personal to really take out opponents. the aerospray was outclassed long ago, i really wouldn't be mad to see it come back <:3
I excel at close range, that's why I main it (and trying to use the Sploosh ^^)

Well, excel might be a stretch, but I do best up close(but will try to stay as far away as I can XD I'm complicated)

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
I excel at close range, that's why I main it (and trying to use the Sploosh ^^)

Well, excel might be a stretch, but I do best up close(but will try to stay as far away as I can XD I'm complicated)
i like close range too! i was doing private matches yesterday and took an aerospray into a few modes, it actually wasn't half bad. if the new one has a nice supporting loadout, that'd be real neat.

GatorSmart

Inkling
NNID
ElzoBro
Wow, the new H-3 is packing a totally unique set! Splash Wall and Bubbler! That's

GatorSmart

Inkling
NNID
ElzoBro
A totaly unique set! All the more reason to use it! I'm thinking of it being a strong defensive wall! Splash Wall is your first line, if that fails then Bubble up!
Wow, the new H-3 is packing a totally unique set! Splash Wall and Bubbler! That's

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Getting nearer, only two days to wait out! I hope the H3 newbs who never or hardly used one will be as entertaining as the brush newbs when the Permanent Inkbrush was released.

11'' laptop problem, sorry.
No harm no foul. But my condolences--the keyboard and trackpad or ball on that thing must be TINY! >.0

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Funny you say "yet another Bubbler", there's only 8 sets in the game with Bubbler on, making it the least used special in the game (unless you treat all Bomb Rushes individually, in which case it's Seekers and Bomb Rush as the rarest). As for the H3, it pains me to tell you that it's only good on paper, with the promise of splatting in 3 shots from your round of fire (which of course is 3 shots). However, there's a lot of endlag after shots, and more often than not you only land 2 shots with it, making it very hard to get splats. It has potential, but is very difficult to learn and many don't want to put that much effort into playing well with it (except for those like @Shun_one :p). Either way, this H3 has so much potential, as I mentioned earlier I wanted to see Burst Bombs/Bubbler to make splats more consistent, but the Splash Wall is great for stalling for time to land the final hits and the Bubbler is great for its range. All in all this weapon is definitely a force to be reckoned with, and I will look forward to learning the H3 at last (way too difficult with the current sets). I feel invincible specials should only be on weapons with big weaknesses like the H3, as it counteracts that without suddenly making the weapon seem OP.
Jesus *****, it always seems like so much more to me. Can hardly recall matches without bubblers but could easily count the few matches where I saw Echo Locators, which get slapped on weapons a lot more.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
>cherry h-3
and i thought the 96 deco got carried by it's kit...
>n zap 83
glad to see another kraken weapon, we don't even have that many in the game already :rolleyes:
>bento splatterscope
...a wall :confused:
>New Heavy Splatling
Give me Inkzooka, pleaseeee (hell I'll take splat bomb rush too but that's already on a lot of weapons).

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Inb4 the H-3 has heavy special depletion...

Naw no way, it'll be light depletion, it has to be light! And when it is I'm gonna use it as much as my other top weapons! The only thing I'm pondering is what ability spread to use with it. This weapon doesn't seem to need anything in particular so you can have whatever you want on it. :ability_inkrecovery: and :ability_swimspeed: are staples for me so definitely those, but I'm also gonna try out essentially two mains of :ability_specialduration: for that extra second on the Bubbler. That still leaves two slots that I'm unsure what to do with though, decisions decisions!

A totaly unique set! All the more reason to use it! I'm thinking of it being a strong defensive wall! Splash Wall is your first line, if that fails then Bubble up!
And when your Bubbler is about to run out, put up another Splash Wall for maximum lolz. Seriously though that really gives this weapon the ability to push the objective or push into enemy territory especially with it's great inkspread.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Inb4 the H-3 has heavy special depletion...

Naw no way, it'll be light depletion, it has to be light! And when it is I'm gonna use it as much as my other top weapons! The only thing I'm pondering is what ability spread to use with it. This weapon doesn't seem to need anything in particular so you can have whatever you want on it. :ability_inkrecovery: and :ability_swimspeed: are staples for me so definitely those, but I'm also gonna try out essentially two mains of :ability_specialduration: for that extra second on the Bubbler. That still leaves two slots that I'm unsure what to do with though, decisions decisions!

And when your Bubbler is about to run out, put up another Splash Wall for maximum lolz. Seriously though that really gives this weapon the ability to push the objective or push into enemy territory especially with it's great inkspread.
That's what I was thinking, doing a similar thing with the CoroCoro Splat Roller, throwing a wall, using the special, throwing another wall. It's probably the reason why we haven't seen these specials with walls before, because it allows for double wall action by refilling your ink tank instantly. Oh boy, we're going to be seeing so many walls flying around come Wednesday, looks like Tower is RIP once more. The price we have to pay for fun and creative sets boosting the viability of weaker weapons right? :P

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Ooooooooh man, didnt think about back to back splash walls using your bubbler. Thanks for pointing that one out dolphin and cyan >=P

Anyways I have acouple thoughts...

First, I'm seeing great counter-splash walling to be had with this coro roller.
Mainly using your splash wall as cover while wrecking the enemy's splash wall in under a second, like how splat rollers do.
Though I still think it'll be kinda weird for your average other encounters...

I'm also a teensy bit worried at the lack of tracking on the cherry, on the vanilla and D variants I feel quite terrible when going up against someone who isn't tracked by point sensors/echo or I'm not ambushing a stationary target's booty.

Of course I've only just picked the H3 up for the third time this weekend and have only ~80,000 points turfed between the vanilla and D-variants...
Any H3 "mains" (lel) here share this sentiment, or am I a big fat nozzle-noob?

Also, I'ma put down a bet that this bronze aerospray will have disrubbler combo (oh please, oh please)

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
That's what I was thinking, doing a similar thing with the CoroCoro Splat Roller, throwing a wall, using the special, throwing another wall. It's probably the reason why we haven't seen these specials with walls before, because it allows for double wall action by refilling your ink tank instantly. Oh boy, we're going to be seeing so many walls flying around come Wednesday, looks like Tower is RIP once more. The price we have to pay for fun and creative sets boosting the viability of weaker weapons right? :p
You're still limited to one Splash Wall at a time and the same can be done with Killer Wail/Inkstrike/Kraken so this isn't gonna change how often you can Wall up... thankfully! We'll definitely be seeing a ton of Splash Walls everywhere though with 3 out of the 8 new weapons having them. Would be a good time to use the Slosher Deco hehe.

Ooooooooh man, didnt think about back to back splash walls using your bubbler. Thanks for pointing that one out dolphin and cyan >=P

Anyways I have acouple thoughts...

First, I'm seeing great counter-splash walling to be had with this coro roller.
Mainly using your splash wall as cover while wrecking the enemy's splash wall in under a second, like how splat rollers do.
Though I still think it'll be kinda weird for your average other encounters...

I'm also a teensy bit worried at the lack of tracking on the cherry, on the vanilla and D variants I feel quite terrible when going up against someone who isn't tracked by point sensors/echo or I'm not ambushing a stationary target's booty.

Of course I've only just picked the H3 up for the third time this weekend and have only ~80,000 points turfed between the vanilla and D-variants...
Any H3 "mains" (lel) here share this sentiment, or am I a big fat nozzle-noob?

Also, I'ma put down a bet that this bronze aerospray will have disrubbler combo (oh please, oh please)
I'm not an H-3 main (not yet anyway!) but it's not like Echolocator/Point Sensor directly help you hit your target like the Disruptor does, so if you can hit them while they're tagged, you can hit them while they're not tagged aswell!

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
That Nozzlenose kit is so goddamn trolly I want it in my life right now.

Nothing with Disruptors or Beakons yet????? And all that we're waiting on is the Splatling and Aerospray right?

I really like an above post about giving Splat Bomb Rush to Aerospray. As an old lover of mine from my early days of mindless map turfing, I'd love to pick up a new Aerospray with a more viable kit again and see how it holds up. I think Disruptors would suffice for it too, but then the special... Wail or Kraken or Bubbler please.
I don't play Heavy Splatling so I couldn't make an educated guess on what could work for that.

I'm definitely most hyped for the Corocoro Roller and this Nozzlenose, followed by Sploosh and N-Zap. I don't know if any of these weapons are gonna stick, but for now I rate this set (based only on speculation) at around 6.5/10.

I haven't kept up with this thread so its nice to jump in with all this information out about it.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm not gonna lie, that H-3 Cherry kit has my interest piqued. And I was thinking about challenging myself to take up the H-3 and stick with it for the whole summer... I doubt the main weapon itself will be any easier to use, but it seems like it'd be a bit more forgiving than the other two when it comes to the "hardships" I'd have to endure for the first month or so. Consider me sold.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Now for my thoughts.

Aerospray PG.........welp, goodbye turf war and hello kraken mains.
Idk if damage up would be worth much investment since the main guns shots are close/already at max right? but burst bombs should still help it get more kills with less shots having to hit. Helps it climb up walls and stuff too since burst bombs will have more range though I don't think climbing walls was really an issue for it. I'm so glad I'm getting splash wall on the bento charger, this will be annoying to face with lots of swim speed on.

Heavy Splatling Remix
it is kind of weird to get sprinkler when we have the hydra but there aren't very many sprinkler weapons and it will help the splatling stay in its own ink. Letting it focus on charging and firing and wail is always good. Nice color scheme on it too! Deco will probably see the most use but this is a pretty solid kit, splash walls on the regular heavy splatling are good but inkstrike......is inkstrike, so the remix feels like an in between but its turf coverage with sprinkler should be pretty great for a team so who knows.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Welp I may aswell admit that I was secretly hoping for Disruptors + Inkzooka/Kraken despite how laughably stupid that'd be, but alas neither of these volumes delivered! xD

Anyway, that Aerospray kit is mighty fine, but I'll probably stick with the L-3D and Custom Jet for my Burst Kraken Bomb needs. A Splatling finally with Killer Wail is very nice and I absolutely love the look of it, but man I really woulda preferred a different sub, such as Squid Beacons like Ansible suggested. The Heavy Splatling really doesn't need additional ink spread especially when it already has a kit that does that (Vanilla with Inkstrike).

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
No beacons? On all of the sheldon's picks, they couldn't give beacons to anything? The heavy will be in an odd role as a Custom Hydra with more mobility and faster charge but a worse special, range, and time to kill.

I am kinda ambivalent on these new weapons. While I like many of the new sets (H-3, Splat Roller, Splat Charger, N-Zap, Sploosh), I think they still gave too little special variety (two krakens, two wails, two zookas, and only one bubbler/echolocator, and having three of the eight weapons being miniguns is kind of excessive, especially when there only have been one blaster and slosher in the entire Sheldon's picks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom