Sheldon's Picks Volume 2 Announced

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
Let it be known!

I used the H3 before the Cherry! *shot

But really, some very solid kits all around in vol. 2. Aside from the obvious, I'm most interested in the Roller and Aerospray. I doubt I'll actually use the Aerospray, but I'll take it for a few test runs. I'll probably rotate the Noses depending on Mode and stages once I get used to the new one.

Last edited:

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
*Sees Aerospray PG* *ScrEAMS*

BURST BOMBS AND KRAKEN

NOT BUBBLER BUT I'LL TAKE IT

In other news, Heavy Splatling Remix with Sprinkler and Killer Wail
I didn't expect anything good for this aerospray but they may have adapted it for ranked battles
So RG for turf
PG for ranked.

However I'm not a fan of remix doesn't seem good at all for my play style I'm all out offensive

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
Really?

Burst Bombs?

After all the other Burst Bombs picks we already got?

Really?
What a worthless kit, only suit for Kraken ***** and we all know they already had enough weapons to play with.

Having more Burst Bomb weapons isn't bad in itself, but there's absolutely no reason to put them on an Aero and especially not when combined with the meme special weapon that is probably on every weapon-type for more than five times already.
I sincerely hope this thing gets Heavy Depletion because if a Bamboozler can't have his Inkstrike because of "Muh Burst Bombs" then a bloody Aerospray shouldn't have Krakens at all.

**** I'm salty about this one.
So worthless (unless you have to have more Burst Bomb/Kraken weapons because at least it's a rare set.)

We're ending with good news though!
Heavy Splatling gets Sprinkler and Killer Wail!
Normally, you would've to play the Kelp, but now, you don't have to.

Now I don't have to slam three mains of RSU on the Hydra and pretend it's faster.

It's so meant to be a perch splatling but nope not gonna do that.

Overall, there are plenty of walls fun weapons to try out and while this is Splash Walls: The Splash Awakens: The Set, it has some jewels even if they're hidden behind a wall.

Bento and CoroCoro both innovate the uses of their subs and might influence the Wall-fu bait that is the 96 Gal Deco

I'm not salty, I'm wall-ty

RANKING
1. NZAP 83
It's Point Sensor.
They're like, PocketEcholocators.
And now they're on my favorite weapon.

2. Heavy Splatling ABXY
It's a Sprinkler
And I've played the weapon before.
Have I mentioned Sprinkler?
On the fastest-charging Special in the game?

3. Bento
Has grown on me.
I'll use it to training wheels to an agressive Kelp Charger.

4. CoroCoro
Has fallen, if only because I can't Inkzooka to save my woomies.
The wall-play of this weapon will probably be more limited than my imagination thought it would be.

5. Cherry H-3
Nice weapon, not my taste.

6. Sploosh
I can Octobrush Nouveau already.

7. Grim Range Blaster
Not a bad kit or a bad weapon, just not my taste

8. Aerospray
See rant above
More useless than the Refurbished.

WiseSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Lornomeister
I hate the PG so much its not even funny. Burst bombs + kraken? Do you even know how fast you can get kraken with that set up? You will never have to fight in inkling form! Mark my words this thing is as unpleasant as a sandpaper dildo coated with hot sauce.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I hate the PG so much its not even funny. Burst bombs + kraken? Do you even know how fast you can get kraken with that set up? You will never have to fight in inkling form! Mark my words this thing is as unpleasant as a sandpaper dildo coated with hot sauce.
Not fast enough to always be in Kraken mode, that's for sure! The L-3D already charges Kraken faster than anything and it's not a problem, so a weapon with the same exact kit but an inferior main weapon shouldn't be an issue either.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
While I am highly amused with the analogy, I don't think squidboard mods like the D, if ya know what I mean. :rolleyes::oops::rolleyes:

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Why am I not surprised that Nintendo just slapped a Kraken on the Aerospray and called it a day? It seems to be their favorite thing to do. :P I don't think the new Aerospray will be too much of a problem. This just gives it a bit more room to be viable in Ranked modes. :)

I'm not sure how to feel about the Heavy Remix. I was kind of hoping for Bubbler or Inkzooka. I'm happy with the Sprinkler but the Killer Wail throws me off. Always being mobile, I don't know how well the Wail is going to work for the Heavy. My friend did mention that it is the same kit as the Kelp Splat Charger though which is a good point. It could work and it may not work. It'll be interesting to test it out and I'm excited to see how well the kit will run with the Splatling. >w<

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
So the new splatling is literally a copy of the Kelp charger? Yawn. Oh well, at least there's still the new charger. Was really hoping it'd have beakons of some sort, especially because the gattle class already has a sprinkler but no beakons.

Is it just me, or do none of the new weapons in both 1 and 2 have beakons?

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
So the new splatling is literally a copy of the Kelp charger? Yawn. Oh well, at least there's still the new charger. Was really hoping it'd have beakons of some sort, especially because the gattle class already has a sprinkler but no beakons.

Is it just me, or do none of the new weapons in both 1 and 2 have beakons?
No Disruptors or Ink Mines either, though it's understandable for the latter since they didn't truely buff mines for some reason, but Disruptors are a really good sub, don't get why they got left out. (lol yes I do)

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
B bombs and Kraken? Mate really? No beakons? Whatsoever? Awww :(.

I think that heavy splatling will be my new TC main! Eeee

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
Damn I haven't thought of the TC application but yes Splatling Remix is great for TC.

This might end up being my main list

SZ: 96 Gal/Carbon Roller (CB for two-zoned stages)
TC: Splatling Remix/NZAP 89 (NZAP if more mobility is needed)
RM: NZAP83 (Don't deny it, this thing was made for RM)/The rest

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
I'm sorry, but I was dreading seeing the new N'Zap or Aero have a Kraken or a bubbler. But both having Krakens? Really Nintendo? Granted, I don't know level you need to be to get this weapon, but still. It seems like noobs will get these weapons and ruin everything. The ne N'Zap having the same kit as the Heavy Deco? Why? Oh, and the Aero PG having the same kit as Custom Jet Squelcher? Seriously? I'm sorry Nintendo, but, please tell me, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Aero getting Kraken is definitely a good idea. They can charge it up quickly and spam it for safe offense, which they really need. Otherwise I wouldn't know much of a reason to not just use the Splattershot Jr. instead.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Aero getting Kraken is definitely a good idea. They can charge it up quickly and spam it for safe offense, which they really need. Otherwise I wouldn't know much of a reason to not just use the Splattershot Jr. instead.
Exactly, it's basically a different version of the Jr. and finally gives the Aerospray an all around great kit (Despite Inkzooka the Seekers bring the MG down imo). I say that, though Burst Bomb + Bubbler still woulda been really cool and still enough to differentiate it, but alas not every new set can be unique.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Fairly sure the hate on the Aero PG put a damper on my day.

Okay, Maybe Splat bombs should've been a better option(I dunno, I'm not an expert) but I'm glad the Aero has a better throwable than Seekers(eats up my ink tank and I hate that)and a defensive option to fall on(I'm only just now returning to try to use the Kraken, hopefully I'll get better at it).
And for the N-Zap '83, I suppose the set's okay. I'm trying to use the same set on the Neo, so I suppose that'll help me transition.
I like the way the Sploosh looks, and I like that it has Splat Bombs. I'm on the fence over the Inkzooka, as I'm not so great at it. Well, looks like another special to practice with!
I'm not a charger user(I would like to be)so I'm not sure what to think about the Bento. THe Splash Wall would definitely help newbie me.
As for the Grim Blaster, I haven't used the blasters enough to have an opinion. Burst Bombs are cool
The Heavy Splatling Remix, now that I look at it, could be enough to help me use it as a turf coverer *cue angry squid noises* I don't know how to use the Splatling, okay? (I'm also not that great at using Killer Wail, but will use where I think it's needed)
CoroCoro Roller. *shrugs* *Splash Wall and Rolls away*
Cherry. Hm. The Bubbler helps a ton. (I need to work on Aim)

So there's my opinion of the weapons, which I mostly describe as 'eh'

I meant to quote @Lonely_Dolphin but I forgot, so have an edit
Exactly, it's basically a different version of the Jr. and finally gives the Aerospray an all around great kit (Despite Inkzooka the Seekers bring the MG down imo). I say that, though Burst Bomb + Bubbler still woulda been really cool and still enough to differentiate it, but alas not every new set can be unique.
I really wanted the Bubbler, but oh well. Kraken still has *similar* properties.

Last edited:

Pterk

Full Squid
NNID
YoloEric12
Fairly sure the hate on the Aero PG put a damper on my day.

Okay, Maybe Splat bombs should've been a better option(I dunno, I'm not an expert) but I'm glad the Aero has a better throwable than Seekers(eats up my ink tank and I hate that)and a defensive option to fall on(I'm only just now returning to try to use the Kraken, hopefully I'll get better at it).
And for the N-Zap '83, I suppose the set's okay. I'm trying to use the same set on the Neo, so I suppose that'll help me transition.
I like the way the Sploosh looks, and I like that it has Splat Bombs. I'm on the fence over the Inkzooka, as I'm not so great at it. Well, looks like another special to practice with!
I'm not a charger user(I would like to be)so I'm not sure what to think about the Bento. THe Splash Wall would definitely help newbie me.
As for the Grim Blaster, I haven't used the blasters enough to have an opinion. Burst Bombs are cool
The Heavy Splatling Remix, now that I look at it, could be enough to help me use it as a turf coverer *cue angry squid noises* I don't know how to use the Splatling, okay? (I'm also not that great at using Killer Wail, but will use where I think it's needed)
CoroCoro Roller. *shrugs* *Splash Wall and Rolls away*
Cherry. Hm. The Bubbler helps a ton. (I need to work on Aim)

So there's my opinion of the weapons, which I mostly describe as 'eh'

I meant to quote @Lonely_Dolphin but I forgot, so have an edit
I really wanted the Bubbler, but oh well. Kraken still has *similar* properties.
Now why use the splattershot Jr when you can use the new aerospray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom