• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Sheldon's Picks Volume 2 Announced

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Friendly heads up to those who aren't familiar with splash walls: their arc and distance are locked. Unlike other projectiles, even if you aim straight up or at your feet, a splash wall will travel the same distance and land in the same spot every time. Distance is about the length of one dotted line to the next if I'm guessing right.

So be aware of your spacing and use movement or the environment to help shorten or extend your throw a tad.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Friendly heads up to those who aren't familiar with splash walls: their arc and distance are locked. Unlike other projectiles, even if you aim straight up or at your feet, a splash wall will travel the same distance and land in the same spot every time. Distance is about the length of one dotted line to the next if I'm guessing right.

So be aware of your spacing and use movement or the environment to help shorten or extend your throw a tad.
Thanks. I'll remember that for when I try out these new weapons. (Hey, didn't I play with you on Saturday?)

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
I'm mostly interested in the NZap, I'm a fan of point sensors. :wst_shot_expert01: is the only one for me which has a reasonable turf ability + movement + range. I also do like H3 Nozzlenose D and Sloshing Machine but now I'll have one with a kraken and range. Splatling and Sploosh don't work for me :confused:

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
Do you think this is it or will there be a Volume 3 of Sheldon's Picks?

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
while i dont normally comment here [im terrible at competitive play. such is why i am still a mere B+ and have nothing good to say on competitive play], more than likely this will be it but Nintendo tends to surprise us with new content and there are still weapons that may or may not need a variety in their sets so who knows what the future of Splatoon will look like for us

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
I'm excited for the Aerospray PG, if only because I'm upset at how the MG/RG are relatively obsolete.

no weapon in this game should be absolutely useless, but the aerospray was outclassed AGES ago by tons of weapons that do the job much better. giving it burst bombs + kraken is fair, as the actual weapon is limited. I don't think it'll be nearly as frightening as people are saying, it'll just give the aerospray the back-up it needs.

I personally feel this happened with the octobrush. the original is awesome but you have to keep your distance a lot, which makes no sense for a close range weapon. the nouveau added splat bombs + inkzooka which really helped to cover its range, and made it a lot more viable. that's basically what the PG looks to be doing for the aerospray, and I'm a-ok with that. justice for all weapons!

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Is there a list of each weapon's subs and special? I can't seem to find it.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Is there a list of each weapon's subs and special? I can't seem to find it.
Aerospray PG- Burst Bombs, Kraken
Sploosh-O-Matic 7- Splat Bombs, Inkzooka
Cherry H-3 Nozzlenose- Splash Wall, Bubbler
N-Zap '83- Point Sensor, Kraken
Heavy Splatling Remix- Sprinkler, Echolocator
CoroCoro Roller- Splash Wall, Inkzooka
Bento Splat Charger/Splatterscope- Splash Wall, Echolocator
Grim Blaster- Burst Bombs, Killer Wail
I think I have all of them
@G1ng3rGar1, In private battles maybe? Or during rank?
It was normal Turf at first, with @Babycowland . I used the Neo Sploosh. Then I think we played some Private Battles. (I'm ND*Journ in Splatoon)

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
The fact that there wasn't a single beakon, ink mine or disruptor in both volumes gives me hope that there will be at least one more volume that focuses more on the underused subs from volume 1 and 2.
Of course there's gonna be more! I mean, how ELSE are we gonna get a Dual Squelcher buff + Disrubbler kit?

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Do you think this is it or will there be a Volume 3 of Sheldon's Picks?
Considering DLC was supposed to end 5 months ago, maybe. Nintendo is known for surprises. Just the other day the UK twitter hinted at more mario kart 8 DLC.

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
Considering DLC was supposed to end 5 months ago, maybe. Nintendo is known for surprises. Just the other day the UK twitter hinted at more mario kart 8 DLC.
there's still so much room for DLC, honestly. since we have no confirmation of a sequel (i think?), i wouldn't be surprised if the announcement of ending DLC was actually some kind of backwards way to gauge interest... they're even technically releasing more "paid" DLC, with the new amiibos. (there was info suggesting those were planned from the beginning, but yknow)

i wouldn't be surprised if we actually got a new map or original weapon or two. i'd love paid hero mode DLC, even. i just want so much more out of this game even when there's so much already, haha...

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
@G1ng3rGar1, Okay, now I better recall. If I can, I try to observe or stalk the players with clan tags. Which doesn't always work too well for me because I also get to observe my own spawn point quite a bit as well.

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
I just went 10-5 with the Kelp on TC.
Now I can't imagine how I'll do with the Heavy Splatling Remix, a weapon where I'm decent with.

I think just stacking SCU will make it a TC monster

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
there's still so much room for DLC, honestly. since we have no confirmation of a sequel (i think?),
I think I've seen somewhere that the developers said that they wan to expand Splatoon like Mario, but I don't remember where. So *shrug*
@G1ng3rGar1, Okay, now I better recall. If I can, I try to observe or stalk the players with clan tags. Which doesn't always work too well for me because I also get to observe my own spawn point quite a bit as well.
XD I only play on weekends, if that helps

Pterk

Full Squid
NNID
YoloEric12
I think it'll take less time than that.
I think about half a week because everyone is going to realize they are bad with it I'm one of those people that are good with it, no offense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom