"Shiny" and "Pure" Gear Compendium

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
Yeah you can order it just let me know. I sent a friend request.

Randy

Full Squid
NNID
rebelrod
Hey everyone, ever since I found out about the whole changing time zone thing and being able to order multiple items and picking them up each day. I've been trying to figure a way out on how to get a better chance of getting at least 2 subs if not all 3 unlocked when picking the item up from spyke. Today I stumbled upon something interesting. It's just a theory but If you're interested you can read what happened to me today. A few days ago I read something someone wrote on here saying they tried the time zone thing and kept ordering stuff and just kept getting 1 or 0 slot every time. I believe the problem with that is that everyday your chances on a certain Item, change. Today I ordered some of those Fake Eye Contacts from someone, it was almost all pure, the third slot was different, so I ordered them, changed time zones forward a day, and when I found them spyke found them exactly the same. ( so he screwed me cause that third slot was different.) Anyways, went back to my time zone. Then I ordered another set of Fake Eye contacts from someone else. Changed zones again forward, AGAIN he finds the Fake contacts exactly the same with all slots unlocked....so I was curious. went back again, ordered another Fake eye contacts from a third person, AGAIN he finds them exactly the same with all subs unlocked. Three times in a row from three different people, all different subs, he finds them exactly the same. So I'm thinking the reason why it's such a low percent he finds the exactly the same, is because everyday you have a certain Item he'll find exactly the same, since there are so many items, and don't know which item it'll be, chances are really low. I'm going to keep experimenting with this and hopefully find something that will narrow it down even more or something. I'll keep you guys posted if I find anything.

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
You could get someone who has every piece of gear to just let you order from them. That would take quite some time as you'd need to test every piece of gear in that day.

mm201

Senior Squid
NNID
kaizo201
So the RNG is seeded by what the item is, and it doesn't depend on whose it is or what abilities it has.

So something like:
int rand = md5(itemId + currentDate + secret) % 1000;
int unlockedSlots = 0 + (rand >= 200 ? 1 : 0) + (rand >= 900 ? 1 : 0) + (rand >= 995 ? 1 : 0);

Randy

Full Squid
NNID
rebelrod
If you try ordering the same item from the same person over and over again by changing time zones. I know for a fact it will not change the outcome. I also believe ordering the same item from someone else will also not change the outcome. You would need to find a different item you would want And try that one. And keep going till you find one with at least two subs unlocked. Oh also. By doing the time zone method, I found out when starting up the game you can just go talk to spyke and not make a back up save first. Of be gives you 1 of 0 slots look for another item. But if he does give you 2 slots and leaf THEN you can just go back, re-order that item, then make a back up save. Because it will guarantee you the same results of you just go back and get the same item from that person. (saves you time of having to make a save every time you order an item.) I was also thinking it may be a certain ability that changes everyday for you. Like when I did the eye contacts. Its main is special charge up. Got it exactly the same 3 times. I tried a shirt piece that had special charge up. It gave me 2 subs unlocked.
If you change your time zone multiple times in a day to check the same piece of gear, will the results from Spyke be different?

Randy

Full Squid
NNID
rebelrod
You could get someone who has every piece of gear to just let you order from them. That would take quite some time as you'd need to test every piece of gear in that day.
Yeah I was thinking about that, but would take some time. Although I'm thinking everyday it might change. Going from head piece. To chest piece. Then shoes. Then just repeat, but not sure. I'll keep testing stuff out and let you know if I find anything new.

NNID
delongchamp20xx
So the RNG is seeded by what the item is, and it doesn't depend on whose it is or what abilities it has.

So something like:
int rand = md5(itemId + currentDate + secret) % 1000;
int unlockedSlots = 0 + (rand >= 200 ? 1 : 0) + (rand >= 900 ? 1 : 0) + (rand >= 995 ? 1 : 0);
Imagine if we had that secret part, a very dedicated rng abuser could just make a calendar of which gear to order from his friends for each day and get 2 or 3 slots every time.

Spacent

Inkster Jr.
NNID
iOmgei
I'm sorry for asking this but how do you actually get the perfect order from the other person? You play a game with them, go to your lobby and then order it. But when Spyke has it how do you get the same abilities? Or maybe I'm just confused. Though I did heard someone say if you buy the order with 100,000 gold you get the perfect gear.

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
I'm sorry for asking this but how do you actually get the perfect order from the other person? You play a game with them, go to your lobby and then order it. But when Spyke has it how do you get the same abilities? Or maybe I'm just confused. Though I did heard someone say if you buy the order with 100,000 gold you get the perfect gear.
There is no guarantee you will get all of the abilities when you order from Spyke.

Spacent

Inkster Jr.
NNID
iOmgei
Oh I see now. I was worried about that but now I guess I can start ordering and see what happens next.

AZOR AHAI

Senior Squid
NNID
ogetsu
So, I also discovered this yesterday @Randy, before reading these posts. I ordered the Fish Fry Visor pure from @Chocolil, but then later another guy had it as well. Just to test, I changed zones and ordered each one, and both had 2 subs. However, a friend and I bought the same gear from the same player after a squad match (a few weeks back, pure defense takoroka hat) but had opposite results. We went forward a zone, and I got two subs while he only got one. So to add to this line of reasoning, a specific piece of gear (regardless of who it comes from or what subs it holds) will have 0, 1, 2, or 3 subs from Spyke that day, but won't have the same results for each individual player. Each piece of gear isn't globally locked.

Has anyone done this with a friend and wound up with the same results on the same piece of gear?

If it were the same for everyone, we'd be a step away from mapping out the RNG behind spykes subs. If we all got the same results on the same gear, then it'd be a matter us all trying various pieces until we found the one that sticks and documenting it daily.

Or, if it varies by player, do we all carry a "luck/gear" string? I've never been given 3 subs, but I've easily had over two dozen pure orders in my queue.

0 0 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 3 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 2 1...on each piece, per player.

***EDIT: Would it be a worthwhile venture for all of us to document what we get from Spyke each day, and compare notes weekly (or whenever) to see if there's a pattern?

Last edited:

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
Zoom Zoom

Going for Damage Up on these but I saved the roll on a USB I don't use.

Last edited:

Randy

Full Squid
NNID
rebelrod
So, I also discovered this yesterday @Randy, before reading these posts. I ordered the Fish Fry Visor pure from @Chocolil, but then later another guy had it as well. Just to test, I changed zones and ordered each one, and both had 2 subs. However, a friend and I bought the same gear from the same player after a squad match (a few weeks back, pure defense takoroka hat) but had opposite results. We went forward a zone, and I got two subs while he only got one. So to add to this line of reasoning, a specific piece of gear (regardless of who it comes from or what subs it holds) will have 0, 1, 2, or 3 subs from Spyke that day, but won't have the same results for each individual player. Each piece of gear isn't globally locked.

Has anyone done this with a friend and wound up with the same results on the same piece of gear?

If it were the same for everyone, we'd be a step away from mapping out the RNG behind spykes subs. If we all got the same results on the same gear, then it'd be a matter us all trying various pieces until we found the one that sticks and documenting it daily.

Or, if it varies by player, do we all carry a "luck/gear" string? I've never been given 3 subs, but I've easily had over two dozen pure orders in my queue.

0 0 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 3 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 2 1...on each piece, per player.

***EDIT: Would it be a worthwhile venture for all of us to document what we get from Spyke each day, and compare notes weekly (or whenever) to see if there's a pattern?
Yeah I don't think gear is globally locked for every person. I think each person has a certain piece each day that would be a guarantee 3 sub unlock find from spyke, but trying to figure out what it is for the day is hard. I'm going to start ordering random stuff next time I grind, and see if he finds it exactly the same again, if he does, I'll order the same item but from someone else, and see if it's also exactly the same. It worked before, if it works again then I'll try and find a pattern of what it is he finds each day, (although it'll probably be different for each person, but at least we'll know there is a pattern.)

Randy

Full Squid
NNID
rebelrod
Also I wish I hadn't stopped playing this game for months, I just started again recently. Forgot how fun it was. -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom