"Shiny" and "Pure" Gear Compendium

GageVH

Inkling
NNID
GageVH
Any chance there is interest here in potential shiny gear?

I have a Zekko Hoodie that currently has: :ability_ninjasquid::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_unknown: in its ability slots and is just about to fill the third. I was about to try rolling the dice, but I realized that it would be much more beneficial to attempt to distribute it to as many players as possible, maximizing the possibility of at least one shiny being created. With most other possibilities I wouldn't have bothered, but considering this has potential to become a shiny with both a type-unique main slot and complementary subs, I thought it might be worth some effort to create such an item.

I'm currently in the waiting period between accepting a job offer and actually starting employment, so my upcoming schedule is a bit indeterminate. I'll try to coordinate with others if there is any interest, as I would like to see this actually pay off. If I understand the mechanics correctly, anyone who wants the gear could enter a match with me, then we all leave to ensure everyone can order a copy and my original doesn't fill the empty slot.
You can't do that because that 3rd slot is already predetermined. I tried save scumming a piece of gear once and the results of the 3rd slot always ended up the same upon leveling.

Njok

Bouncer
You can't do that because that 3rd slot is already predetermined. I tried save scumming a piece of gear once and the results of the 3rd slot always ended up the same upon leveling.
From what i understood it is predetermined once you buy it from Spyke. This means you could keep ordering it from each other and if it comes with the 2 swim speeds, try and level the third. If doesn't work, repeat. Same goes for save scum, the back up should be made before buying it from Spyke.

I haven't tried it myself though, so i can't say for sure when the 3rd slot gets predetermined.

GageVH

Inkling
NNID
GageVH
From what i understood it is predetermined once you buy it from Spyke. This means you could keep ordering it from each other and if it comes with the 2 swim speeds, try and level the third. If doesn't work, repeat. Same goes for save scum, the back up should be made before buying it from Spyke.

I haven't tried it myself though, so i can't say for sure when the 3rd slot gets predetermined.
Oh I never thought about it like that, maybe the uncovered slot is "rerolled" if you order it from Spyke.

Kaze

Pro Squid
Any chance there is interest here in potential shiny gear?

I have a Zekko Hoodie that currently has: :ability_ninjasquid::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_unknown: in its ability slots and is just about to fill the third. I was about to try rolling the dice, but I realized that it would be much more beneficial to attempt to distribute it to as many players as possible, maximizing the possibility of at least one shiny being created. With most other possibilities I wouldn't have bothered, but considering this has potential to become a shiny with both a type-unique main slot and complementary subs, I thought it might be worth some effort to create such an item.

I'm currently in the waiting period between accepting a job offer and actually starting employment, so my upcoming schedule is a bit indeterminate. I'll try to coordinate with others if there is any interest, as I would like to see this actually pay off. If I understand the mechanics correctly, anyone who wants the gear could enter a match with me, then we all leave to ensure everyone can order a copy and my original doesn't fill the empty slot.
that's a good idea, instead of just waiting for Spyke to give you 3 subs of a kind,
you try to unlock the last slot of an ordered gear with :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_unknown:(subs) to see if you're lucky enough to get a shiny / pure gear piece.
(just a extra chance too see if you can get it yourself, instead of waiting 24 hours to order it again)

I also found a another method to get a perfect set, I got the fake contacts with :ability_specialcharge: (main) & :ability_specialcharge::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inksavermain: (subs)
and the squid girl shoes with :ability_swimspeed: (main) & :ability_specialcharge::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inksavermain: (subs)

now I just need the squid girl tunic with that combination to get 1 perfect set complete :oops:

Last edited:

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
ugh that's what i was going to try to go for on that hat! i already own it now i just need to roll that.
it's a pretty rare roll though! Add me if you want and you can try and clone it from me. Tell me in advance though, I usually don't use it in Turf Wars, only in Tower Control.

Kaze

Pro Squid
it's a pretty rare roll though! Add me if you want and you can try and clone it from me. Tell me in advance though, I usually don't use it in Turf Wars, only in Tower Control.
you can actually play one quick private lobby match, doing that will only replace 1 inkling in your plaza, so you can fill your whole plaza with players with shiny & pure gear pieces :)

I don't know if there are a limit, but I was able to get 4 players with rare gear to stay in my plaza that way, I could also be wrong... :oops:

Chewi

Full Squid
NNID
IronChefCanada
Rolled this today:
:clothes_tes022:White Anchor Tee (brand: SquidForce)
Main: :ability_ninjasquid:
Subs: :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:

Not a big ninja squid fan. Think this might be good for Krak-on roller though?

NNID: IronChefCanada

Last edited:

Norb

Inkling
NNID
zekhet
So...uh...I got another Quick Respawn shiny xD
Oh my god! Please, I need those green rain boots, could we play sometime? Ill add you asap. (Im a big fan of chrono trigger btw haha)

Tentacruel

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kevin0217
Rolled this today:
:clothes_tes022:White Anchor Tee (brand: SquidForce)
Main: :ability_ninjasquid:
Subs: :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:

Not a big ninja squid fan. Think this might be good for Krak-on roller though?

NNID: IronChefCanada
I love that shirt, but hate having Damage Up as the subs, so that's a perfect sub! My NNID is Kevin0217, and I'm in EST, but I can't really play tomorrow because I'm going to a friends lake house, but besides that, I can play whenever! I don't have any shiny or pure gear, but I do have:
Choco Clogs :shoes_sdl001: main ability of :ability_quickrespawn: with 3x :ability_swimspeed: subs
Choco Layered LS :clothes_tly006: main abiltiy :ability_inksaversub: with 3x :ability_specialcharge: subs

Last edited:

Norb

Inkling
NNID
zekhet
Yes, thats an awesome shirt, I want it too *-*

How can I upload pictures from the game here? I have been playing with lots of shiny gear users lately

Frog

Inkster Jr.
NNID
FlyFar
Oh my god! Please, I need those green rain boots, could we play sometime? Ill add you asap. (Im a big fan of chrono trigger btw haha)
Sure i'll add you, I hope you can get them. I love being a ninja with my build it feels amazing.

Norb

Inkling
NNID
zekhet
Sure i'll add you, I hope you can get them. I love being a ninja with my build it feels amazing.
It looks amazing haha I use the retro gamer jersey too :p

Let me know when you are going to be playing, I would really love those boots :)

Last edited:

Jaymz

Inkling
NNID
jaymz26
Is there a detailed guide on how to produce shiny and pure gear? Maybe I have not searched well?

KeebyKakes

Senior Squid
Is there a detailed guide on how to produce shiny and pure gear? Maybe I have not searched well?
There's no guaranteed way to produce shiny/pure gear, you just have to get lucky with rerolls/ability upgrades/orders. Shiny and pure gear are extremely rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom