• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

"Shiny" and "Pure" Gear Compendium

SmashXX

Inkling
Failed miserably I'm afraid. Not a single slot came.
It seems a lot of the high ranking players own the rare gear. I'm currently A- but sometimes drop down to B+, maybe if one day I reach A+ or higher I'll find those shiny Tentatek Fake Contacts but for now I hope someone here can find some too.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I just rolled my first Shiny gear, 3x Ink Recovery on Paintball mask, but too bad it's useless since the Tennis Headband already has Comeback and can get 3x Ink Recovery pretty easily. Ugh this is just like in Pokemon where I had finally got a perfect 31 IV in all stats, but that Pokemon happens to be an unbreedable Rotom. =/

Shiny :clothes_tes022::ability_ninjasquid:x:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
shiny :head_eye007: :ability_specialcharge: x :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:

NNID: toylirere
Damn that Anchor Tee is so hawt! If you're willing to share let us know!

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
whoops. didn't clear that up properly. Lol that is not my NNID. I found someone with those gear. Uhm send him a msg tho! :3

MickX

Inkster Jr.
:clothes_vest002:
:ability_coldblooded:+:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:

Ordered the original shiny from a player with a group tag I found on Squad Battles (forgot the name). Spyke gave it 2 of the 3 Special Charge Ups it originally had and was really expecting the worst sub ability for the 3rd slot as I levelled it up... but somehow I got the complete shiny from that. o_O

Really happy with it!

NNID is on signature just in case.

splatroller

Inkling
NNID
kyoukokirigiri
edit: I've made a mistake, posted late at night and didn't realize my gear didn't qualify as shiny though I had x3 subs. Not sure if I'm just overlooking the delete button.

Last edited:

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Was lucking enough to get these all through rerolls, especially the 3 damage ups on ink resistance since thats not even the dominate sub ability in that brand. When adding me make sure to list you are from squidboards and want gear so I will accept.

NNID: Judari (mii: DeezNuts)
:head_hat001: main: :ability_inksavermain: subs: :ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:

NNID: Kaliafornia (mii: N5⋆Kalia)

:head_cap010:main: :ability_specialsaver: subs: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

:shoes_bot003:main: :ability_inkresistance: subs: :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
Got a lot more in the last few days and my first "pure" item:

NNID: Kaliafornia

:clothes_tel011: main: :ability_quicksuperjump: subs: :ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump:

:clothes_jkt002: main: :ability_specialduration: subs: :ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:

(strapping reds) main: :ability_inkresistance: subs: :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:

Last edited:

Sharpzz

Full Squid
Got a lot more in the last few days and my first "pure" item:

NNID: Kaliafornia

:clothes_tel011: main: :ability_quicksuperjump: subs: :ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump:

:clothes_jkt002: main: :ability_specialduration: subs: :ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:

:shoes_slo006: main: :ability_inkresistance: subs: :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
Hi could I add you for the Ink resistence and x3 damage up? and I believe Clown Fish Basics has Special Charge Up for the main ability not Ink Resistance

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Hi could I add you for the Ink resistence and x3 damage up? and I believe Clown Fish Basics has Special Charge Up for the main ability not Ink Resistance
Yup, no prob. NNID in sig. Also I thought those were the strapping red shoes? Not sure if all the items are in the icon list since the update but strapping reds have ink res with 3 ink saver mains on them.

Last edited:

Sharpzz

Full Squid
Yup, no prob. NNID in sig. Also I thought those were the strapping red shoes? Not sure if all the items are in the icon list since the update but strapping reds have ink res with 3 ink saver mains on them.
Yeah they do but the icon is the wrong shoes :P

Berentxo

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Berentxo
I just finished levelling up a shiny Baseball Jersey with Special Charge Up and Ink Saver (Sub) x3, very handy for Chargers with some sort of bomb as sub if you end up in a melee.

My NNID and Splatoon name is Berentxo as well.

RascalTC

Inkling
Disregard this post, please. I've edited out everything because no-one really wants it lol and I don't feel like leaving my NNID out in the open for no real reason.

To the one person who has expressed interest in my gear, do not worry about this post being edited. You'll get it from me, I promise.

Last edited:

Mazz

Inkling
NNID
Subception
:clothes_vest002:
:ability_coldblooded:+:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:

Ordered the original shiny from a player with a group tag I found on Squad Battles (forgot the name). Spyke gave it 2 of the 3 Special Charge Ups it originally had and was really expecting the worst sub ability for the 3rd slot as I levelled it up... but somehow I got the complete shiny from that. o_O

Really happy with it!

NNID is on signature just in case.
Very nice!! Just added you as a friend, I'd like to try and order in the Dark Urban Gilet and Neon Green Sea Slugs if possible!

My NNID is Subception :)

dukevin

Senior Squid
NNID
dukevin
I have an almost pure aloha shirt if anyone is interested:
:clothes_shirt005::ability_inkrecovery:( :ability_inkrecovery::ability_defenseup::ability_inkrecovery:)

My actual question is, how does knowing the NNID help you track down other people's gear? Don't you have to be mutually added to find them in a game again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom