"Shiny" and "Pure" Gear Compendium

Njok

Bouncer
Question about the save scum: Since the third slot is not even added yet, can i buy it and then back it up or do i still need to make the back up before i buy it? And if it's the latter, will it stay available only today or will it reset every time to the moment where Spyke finally found something usefull (so if i read the backup back tomorrow, will he still have the headband? Because normally he only keeps it 24h and i'm not completely sure how the backup thing works)
In case anyone still wonders: i van conirm both of these. My almost pure headband got tossed after failing to reset before midnight and my almost shiny (two damage ups) red hi-tops keeps getting special saver as a third slot. i made the backup after buying it because i had no time that day, 3rd slot wasn't added yet.

Manocheese

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ABC1776

Alrighty I got the first two subs the same! Now I would like your all's help getting the third to also be Swim Speed thus creating a very useful shiny! We'll use the method talked about earlier, so lemme know if you're interested in helping and send me a request if we aren't already friends! I should be on later today, though I can't give an exact time yet, cause who knows how long I'll sleep for!
I'm interested in this shiny as well. I sent you a friend request.

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
Should this thread also be a resource for teaming up to fabricate some ideal shiny/pure gear, what with the knowledge that's cropped up?

McToffin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McToffin
Should this thread also be a resource for teaming up to fabricate some ideal shiny/pure gear, what with the knowledge that's cropped up?
I definitely think so. Now we know we have a generous 9.5% chance of getting 2 slots, we should all be ordering stuff every day. It is very useful for all of us, especially with the amount of shiny gear we already have.

McToffin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McToffin
Just got my first shiny, don't think I'll be using it often though.

Last edited:

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
Alrighty I got the first two subs the same! Now I would like your all's help getting the third to also be Swim Speed thus creating a very useful shiny! We'll use the method talked about earlier, so lemme know if you're interested in helping and send me a request if we aren't already friends! I should be on later today, though I can't give an exact time yet, cause who knows how long I'll sleep for!
Gonna help you out with perfecting the School jersey. Added u right now.
Btw. I have a zekko hoodie with the same setup (Ninja Squid as main and the first two are swim speeds)

Does somebody have a headgear with Swim Speed as main and Run Speed as subs or the other way around?

LucasLazuli

Inkling
NNID
xXLucasLazuliXx
Do ya know how to save scum? If so it'd be just as good for you, but basically I'd need ya to order my gear until you get the first two subs, then let me order it off ya and once I get the first two subs also I'll just the save scum the third so it matches!
What is save scum?

Manocheese

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ABC1776
Btw. I have a zekko hoodie with the same setup (Ninja Squid as main and the first two are swim speeds)
Mind sharing your NNID? I'd like to order that gear.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I'm interested in this shiny as well. I sent you a friend request.
Awesomes! I'll send ya a message where we can figure out when we'll meet up!

I think a new thread should be made so the OP can be updated.

Does somebody have a headgear with Swim Speed as main and Run Speed as subs or the other way around?
Awesome thanks! Only really need one Ninja Squid with 3x swim speed, but if you wants I can help make yours shiny aswell.

I don't, but I know there's shirts and shoes with that combination if they might help.

What is save scum?
Loading a save back up when your rolls decide to be the suck.

LucasLazuli

Inkling
NNID
xXLucasLazuliXx
Loading a save back up when your rolls decide to be the suck.[/QUOTE]

Sooo, like Powering down my Wii u, then Rerolling it again?

Manocheese

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ABC1776
Sooo, like Powering down my Wii u, then Rerolling it again?
It works like this:

1. Copy your save to a USB drive.
2. Start the game with the USB drive inserted. The game will use the save on the USB drive, not the one on the system.
3. Reroll a piece of gear as many times as you want.
4. If you don't get what you want, return to step 1. This will give you your snails/coins back, so you can try again.

Once you get what you want, copy the save from the USB drive to the system drive.

You can do something similar with purchases from Spyke. The unlockable abilities are not determined until you buy the gear, so you can save before buying the gear, then keep buying it and unlocking the next ability until you get what you want.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Anyone's got shoes with :ability_inkresistance: | :ability_damage::ability_damage: ?

These seem to be very rare to find and I keep getting only one damage up... (2 would be enough for my build)

I even rolled :ability_inkresistance: | :ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub: on the Blue Moto boots if anyone is interested.

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
Got a pure . Might be useful for stealth jump user or TC setups combined with Quick respawn shoes/shirt.

Ryson

Squid
Anyone got a Cycling Shirt? Preferably Swim Speed Up or Ink Saver (main)

LucasLazuli

Inkling
NNID
xXLucasLazuliXx
It works like this:

1. Copy your save to a USB drive.
2. Start the game with the USB drive inserted. The game will use the save on the USB drive, not the one on the system.
3. Reroll a piece of gear as many times as you want.
4. If you don't get what you want, return to step 1. This will give you your snails/coins back, so you can try again.

Once you get what you want, copy the save from the USB drive to the system drive.

You can do something similar with purchases from Spyke. The unlockable abilities are not determined until you buy the gear, so you can save before buying the gear, then keep buying it and unlocking the next ability until you get what you want.
Soo, how, like put a usb drive into my Wii u? Then how do I save to my Wii u.
I'm sorry, I'm not the most tech wiz.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Try rerolling either the hero headset or the squid hairclip if you have that. I have triple swim speed subs on the former, and my experience of rerolling on neutral brand gear leads me to suspect that the likelihood of rolling any triple is higher than what we've supposed so far, since they seem to come around relatively frequently.

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
Try rerolling either the hero headset or the squid hairclip if you have that. I have triple swim speed subs on the former, and my experience of rerolling on neutral brand gear leads me to suspect that the likelihood of rolling any triple is higher than what we've supposed so far, since they seem to come around relatively frequently.
Kinda sounds tough though...I mean I could get a triple damage up or other triples besides swim speed...gonna take a long time I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom