"Shiny" and "Pure" Gear Compendium

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
I actually have nearly-shiny Pilot Goggles, with 2 Strength Ups.
Can I order these from you today? I'd love to keep reordering until I can perfect them, especially if the damage ups are the first two slots.

EDIT: And if I can be really cheeky, I'd love a shot at your bobble hat again.

Njok

Bouncer
Got my first pure!

I actually ordered this from a Japanese player who had only the first 2 slots unlocked. Because it's 2 star, it took like 3/4 hours to get because the last slot took 10,000 points to unlock. I had to also keep adding the last slot when I reverted my data. It took 2 ranked wins to level it up, so it took me like 20/25 ranked games to finish.

Even though I was playing ranked, I still reverted whenever I didn't get the defence, and I only lost 1 game which was because I forgot to change my gear and weapon from turf wars. And I wouldn't say I save scummed ranked, I mean in the end I got the pure gear and 2 ranked wins but I'm already max rank. I actually missed out on a lot of gold.

If any of you want it then add me. However I'm looking for a pure Takoroka Mesh simply because this cap is ugly as hell.
Quick question, did you back up before buying from spyke or before adding the slot? I tried the latter with the red hi-tops (with 2x damage up) but kept rolling special saver (3 times) and gave up. Now i am scared i ruined a great shiny :(

Phobos

Inkling Commander
HELLO YES I NEED THIS HAT but there's still some gear I'm trying to reroll and I don't want this player out of my lobby. Heck.
No worries - shoot me a PM when you want to try for it and we can sort something out.

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
Quick question, did you back up before buying from spyke or before adding the slot? I tried the latter with the red hi-tops (with 2x damage up) but kept rolling special saver (3 times) and gave up. Now i am scared i ruined a great shiny :(
You have to backup before buying the object period. Once you have the item even if you add a slot it is locked.

McToffin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McToffin
Yes, that's how you are meant to do it. After buying it, all abilities are determined. It's pretty much confirmed that all 3 slots are predetermined even if it's 1 star and doesn't have the slots. I set my save point, bought the gear, added a slot, and played the ranked games. Then just keep reverting until you get it. I got ink recovery a few times but eventually got defence.

Sucks about that shiny, right now I have Moto Boots with ink recovery ordered, hoping to get the 2 slots because I really need ink res shoes with ink recovery. I still believe that special charge and damage are by far the best shinies for ink res shoes.

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
really need ink res shoes with ink recovery.
I'm going to assume your Neon Sea Slugs are something you can't roll since they are Tentatek brand. Or an aesthetic reason.

EDIT: Ah, I see above. Yeah I sure wouldn't roll those either.

Last edited:

Njok

Bouncer
Yes, that's how you are meant to do it. After buying it, all abilities are determined. It's pretty much confirmed that all 3 slots are predetermined even if it's 1 star and doesn't have the slots. I set my save point, bought the gear, added a slot, and played the ranked games. Then just keep reverting until you get it. I got ink recovery a few times but eventually got defence.

Sucks about that shiny, right now I have Moto Boots with ink recovery ordered, hoping to get the 2 slots because I really need ink res shoes with ink recovery. I still believe that special charge and damage are by far the best shinies for ink res shoes.
Yeah i thought it worked like that but the night before i blew like 5 hours on that and it never came. i cba to waste another night and hoped for the best. i'll get it eventually if i find someone to keep ordering it back and forth with i guess.

Edit: @Phobos don't encourage him to roll those awesome sea slugs! :D

D

Deleted Member

You have to backup before buying the object period. Once you have the item even if you add a slot it is locked.
But if all sub-slots of an item are predetermined when you buy it, wouldn't it just be faster to do re-rolls once the gear has 3 slots? That saves you from grinding battle EXP just to get the wrong ability.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Not if you're trying to get triples of a non-favoured ability - the chances of rolling the three you want are significantly lower than the chances of unlocking the one you want.

D

Deleted Member

Not if you're trying to get triples of an non-favoured ability - the chances of rolling the three you want are significantly lower than the chances of unlocking the one you want.
But McToffin just said that wasn't the case. All slots are pre-determined even if they haven't been added yet according to him.

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
But if all sub-slots of an item are predetermined when you buy it, wouldn't it just be faster to do re-rolls once the gear has 3 slots? That saves you from grinding battle EXP just to get the wrong ability.
Maybe on a 3 Star but a 2 Star is only like 2 rank wins to unlock if you are S or higher.

They are predetermined the moment you purchase the item. Not before.

D

Deleted Member

So how hard would it be to get the Captain's Hat with all Damage Ups?

Manocheese

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ABC1776
I saw a pure Takoroka Mesh from NNID hiyosaru:

The Mint Tee he has is what I call semi-pure; the first two secondary abilities are the same as the primary ability. Similarly, semi-shiny gear has the first two abilities the same (and nonfavored). Semi-pure and semi-shiny gear is almost as useful for ordering as pure and shiny gear, since you can get the first two abilities from Spyke and manipulate the third. You typically have to do this for pure and shiny gear anyway, since getting all three abilities is so rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom