"Shooter," "Charger," or "Roller?"

What type of weapon do you prefer so far?

• Standard

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • Charger

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Melee

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • I will only look at the individual weapons

Votes: 17 19.8%

• Total voters

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So a while back, it was confirmed that with all the different weapons we have, all of them essentially fit into three types of weapons.

The first is the Shooter type of weapon like the Splattershot or the .52 Gallon. Usually have some sort of constant rate of fire.

The second are Charger weapons like the Splat Charger and Classic Squiffer. They take a bit to charge but usually pack a punch. They also look like sniper rifles.

Then there ar Roller weapons like the Ink Roller and Ink Brush. These weapons have ink constantly placed while you are moving an are good for attacking opponents directly.

So with all this said, will there be a specific type of weapon you prefer? Or do you really only care about what an individual weapon can do?

Last edited:

TheGentlebro

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Gentlebro
I'm probably gonna stick with the Standard type weapons for the most part, but I might play around with the Charger ones. Melee isn't really my cup of tea.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
Considering I tend to main sniper in every shooter-type game I play, the chargers definitely have my attention. I might use the rapid-fire weapons sometimes, but I have a feeling I won't be using the melee weapons very often.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I myself have taken fondness over the charger weapons. The Classic Squiffer being my favorite looking weapon so far.

There are a couple of Standard weapons that interest me like the Blaster. I also like the Ink Brush.

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
The Ink Brush looks extremely interesting, especially with its high speed and access to the Sprinkler sub-weapon.

Since I played Scout in TF2, it'll be nice to transfer those strategies over to this weapon in Splatoon.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I like the Melee weapons and Charger weapons the most, honestly. :)

Inkling

Inkling
NNID
PoptartPlessie
I can definitely see myself using Melee weapons the most, due to their ability to cover large amounts of turf in a short amount of time, and easily splatter other players.

youthCAT1590

Pro Squid
Isn't there a shotgun type weapon in the game? If so, that's the type I'll be using as I love shotties.:D

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
the weapon that has caught my attention the most is the splat charger, but ill be using a variety. the splat charger seems like it would be really good for ranked battles to keep the enemy from the splat zone, but also could be useful to control them from covering too much turf in turf war

palli

Inkling
Ever since I saw the Roller, I've always wanted to use it! It looks so efficient! I probably won't be using Charger weapons much, because I'm terrible at aiming...

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
Ever since I saw the Roller, I've always wanted to use it! It looks so efficient! I probably won't be using Charger weapons much, because I'm terrible at aiming...
They've revealed a weapon called the Classic Squiffer, which acts almost like a shot gun; less range, but wide area.

Also, it takes a LOT less time to charge each shot.

Perhaps it'll be an easy transition into more of the charger weapons!

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
Standard, at least for now. My preference really changes for each game. There are some where I'll prefer the standard or close-up weapons, others I prefer long-range only, maybe long-range and close-up, but in the end I usually end up trying them all out and eventually settle on something for good.

Unless I create/join a team where a specific thing is needed for balance, I think I'm going to want to use the standard weapons just so I can be an all-rounder.

Teddy

Senior Squid
NNID
EggplantAlloy
Charger looks like my cup of tea, but that's liable to change once I get my hands on the game. Also like Diab said, it may depend on what my team needs from me.

Aura

Infiltrator
Gonna defiantly try out melee, then the others. But for now I think I like melee. Back in games like Borderlands 2 and TF2, I preferred melee fighting styles, so I'm seeing a pattern here. Lol

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
I like the standard because of how straightforward it is, since it's well rounded I feel I can do anything so long as I use my sub weapon and squidding efficiently.
I'd like to try out Melee weapons but the issue there is that, at least for the Roller, if you're charging at someone and they shoot at you there isn't much you can do about it, at least from the front, since their "ranged" attack is slow and seems to take at least 2 direct hits before getting a kill, which by that point you'll already get taken out.

Absolutely not saying it's a bad weapon, but if Splatoon is like rock/paper/scissors in weapon choices then Melee loses to standard UNLESS said Melee player can get you from the side or behind where you can't do anything about it--which seems easy considering the speed you move at.

I think the Roller would be more comparable to the Pyro class from TF2 than anything else really...

Also I won't play charger because I have no aim. Been playing Tf2 for like 3 years and don't even have 7 hours total on Sniper.

Zipplip

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Zipplip
I'm going to choose charger since I am personally a Long Range class in FPS games, though I also like to do a bit of Melee every now and again.

Actilide

Inkling Cadet
No matter the game I always play melee, in Cod which I havent played for years I would always go knives only

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom