"Shooter," "Charger," or "Roller?"

What type of weapon do you prefer so far?

• Standard

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • Charger

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Melee

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • I will only look at the individual weapons

Votes: 17 19.8%

• Total voters

GLB

Senior Squid
I really liked the charger, but as far as turf wars go, roller is the best

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
One thing I have noticed is the charger weapons take some getting used to, you'd think to aim the gun where you want the paint to go, but in reality you want to take into account the physics of paint falling. The one in the demo certainly doesn't work like a typical sniper.
Yeah, I noticed that. So I ended up usually aiming higher then I originally wanted. That way more ink comes out. I also have to get used to the fact a laser is out, so I can't just point at foes and expect them not to notice.

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
I'd stick to the shooter type for now. I'm really looking forward to the Aerospray MG. It's sure to be an annoying weapon for others to deal with. >:D

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So after all three demo sessions, I have decided that the charger is actually still pretty good in turf wars. And can be incredibly fun. You really have to be more defensive and tactical with it and not go to areas where you would otherwise be more vulnerable.

Fakevox

Senior Squid
So after all three demo sessions, I have decided that the charger is actually still pretty good in turf wars. And can be incredibly fun. You really have to be more defensive and tactical with it and not go to areas where you would otherwise be more vulnerable.
At long last, people are seeing the light.

Don't sleep on the charger.

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
agreed, charger is not nearly as bad as some people say. just takes some adjustment.

Chapter Serf

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
Fun, yes, indeed, but I just found I couldn't cover terrain with it very well. I think it's strictly a kill weapon. And if you stumble on an uncovered area, or an undefended enemy area, you want to be able to just cover it. Couldn't do that with the Charger.

Edit:
Seems I'm in the minority here.

Fakevox

Senior Squid
Fun, yes, indeed, but I just found I couldn't cover terrain with it very well. I think it's strictly a kill weapon. And if you stumble on an uncovered area, or an undefended enemy area, you want to be able to just cover it. Couldn't do that with the Charger.
It's great for covering corridors, though other more open areas are more time-consuming. It's not utterly useless as a turf-covering weapon, but it isn't ideal.

Chapter Serf

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
It's great for covering corridors, though other more open areas are more time-consuming. It's not utterly useless as a turf-covering weapon, but it isn't ideal.
I think with better team coordination (which the Testfire lacked, but release will have as teams are organized and Voice Chat is present), having a guy on the Charger as a dedicated killer might be a viable strategy. Find him a nice nest to just splat away from.

Fakevox

Senior Squid
I think with better team coordination (which the Testfire lacked, but release will have as teams are organized and Voice Chat is present), having a guy on the Charger as a dedicated killer might be a viable strategy. Find him a nice nest to just splat away from.
Yeah, that could work pretty well. In the warehouse level, I mostly camped the corridors and picked off people from the sidelines. In the other one, I was sitting at the high points raining fire (or ink) down on fools. It's a good position for coating that middle area as well.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Charger is only bad in my hands. Adversary player seem to be gods with that weapon. Anyways, I like melee/close range weapons, so I am going to give the other melee weapons a try when the game is released. Though I also like sniper weapons, but I never put enough effort to git gud with them.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral

Edit:
Seems I'm in the minority here.
Yes and no. It is amazing at killing opponents, but you can't count out it's ability to cover terrain. With clever aiming, you can cover quite a bit of area, even in non-narrow places.

With that said, it struggles with open areas. And not only does it waste time, but you could be doing better things by stopping other players.

Due to the places Chargers usually end up in, they are also the perfect Super jump spots usually. Which also helps with the "seeing uncovered/enemy ink covered spots." Because if people squid jump to you, they can handle it.

However, staying in one place is also a problem. As that means only one place is being handled at a time. It is best to sometimes leave and to spots that have been inked by the enemy and clean it, (that you can still remain safe in). For example, Saltspray Rig has the area below the main open one. This is the perfect place to go and leave for a second to ink. You can even snipe people who are right there.

Another perfect spot is near the area between the two spawn points. To the left and right are higher up areas which lead to it from the spawn point where you drop down. Instead of dropping down though, you stay up there. Now you have a perfect area to cover ink, pick off enemies, and allow other inklings to jump to you to help with the area.

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
During the trial, i felt the Roller was my favourite weapon. Not only was i able to rack up several killstreak, but i found it fast and efficient, so long as you avoided enemy fire.

However , i think in the long run the Chargers will be my main weapon class. I really enjoy sniping in games like TF2, as i'm all about accuracy and finishing off opponents! xD It feels like this class will be hardest to pick up, but most rewarding in the long run to master to me, as a good sniper on the team could really cause trouble for the enemy. I can't wait to try out the Splatterscope!

ThisFungi

8-bit crazy!
I've played with all the classes and they feel pretty solid. My favorite has to be the Standard weapon. It's like a middle ground for me. It works well knocking down other players that are up close, and paints ground fairly good.

MamaLlama

Inkling
I was more comfortable with the shooters available, while I kind of had trouble trying to use the charger. I really want to use the splatterscope though (or whatever it was called). Roller was really fun also, it was nice seeing how helpful you can be to the team with it.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
I usually only main 1 Weapon in Shooters but in Splatoon i really like all of them so i will just switch my Weapon often~

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yeah, I'll probably have a decent amount of sub-mains to use from other categories myself. But my main main will be of the charger class.

Wafty

Inkling
NNID
WaftyIsGassy
Gonna be using the roller, I like how satisfying it is to roll someone over/using the "paint flick"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom