Should Bomb Rush be banned on Blackbelly?

Bomb Rush

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 80 98.8%

• Total voters

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
With all our view points shared so far as well as my own personal experience with the level I still don't feel like anything would justify a ban even for tournaments because as Hope pointed out it effects everyone on both sides of the teams. And as for chargers, again I don't think it's enough to mess with our aim because we would actually see everything slow down in time and adjust our motion in a fixed position then letting go of the trigger when aligned with the target. At least that's what I do.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
The thing is that Blackbelly sometimes lags by itself even without bomb rushes which can be problematic when the map has so many slopes and your ink isn't registering. It doesn't happen everytime, but it is the stage it happens the most in. Maybe it depends on the weapons and amount of particle effects being used at the time. Some people even think the rounded slopes are part of the problem because it is harder for the game to process- Not sure what it actually is though.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Haven't tried on Blackbelly but in Arowana we had all 8 of us power up bomb rush, then countdown and everyone released it at once. Game was still very playable, even with people who have historically bad internet and frequent disconnections, I think it did make someone disconnect but it was 20 secs after the explosions had ended and they were one of the people with bad internet. (Btw try it its like a super pretty fireworks show :D).

However, if this is only a problem on a certain map then why not ban the map from play instead of weapons? Since multiple specials going off at once is just a map specific problem?

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
When is the wireless 'LAN' mode coming/has it came already? Do we know if that fixes the lag issues from normal online play?

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
There is no LAN and nothing has been announced.
I thought they announced some sort of feature where you can connect through a single internet connection to emulate a wireless 'LAN' like connection. I know it isn't LAN because it is wireless but I thought that's what they advertised it as in the last update?

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
I thought they announced some sort of feature where you can connect through a single internet connection to emulate a wireless 'LAN' like connection. I know it isn't LAN because it is wireless but I thought that's what they advertised it as in the last update?
It's what you do for all private rooms. They were trying to be clever with their wording.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
It's what you do for all private rooms. They were trying to be clever with their wording.
Well that's disappointing. Thanks for clearing that up. I guess it would be less lag than usual maybe?

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
Banning Skatepark in general isn't a bad idea in my opinion. Literally the only mode which is playable there is Tower Control and even there once the Tower reaches the halfpipe area, the game is practically over. Rainmaker is a coin flip and Splat Zones is outright chaos.

(And yeah, you guessed right, it's my least favorite map :D)
Am I the only one that loves that level? T.T

Teshie U

Inkster Jr.
Is it really bomb rush reliant? Couldn't you trigger frame drops with overuse of burst bombs too? You can get 5-6 of these from a full tank.

In any case, it definitely seems like a case against blackbelly skatepark, not bomb rush. The stage is really small and its no wonder the game has trouble rendering 8 players doing any manner of crazy stuff on this small map. Its also a bit simplistic to win here on rainmaker and tower control due to the size. Reminds me of Smash Bros maps where the blast zones are way too close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom