Should I stop using motion controls if I ever want to have a chance of maximizing my potential?

Nintendo

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Gatoray
I like motion controls, but I somehow get the feeling that they won't be as popular in high-level play. Do you think motion controls will ever be frowned upon when it comes to organized teams, or will it not matter?

Edit: Never mind. After a few days getting used to this game, motion controls are definitely the best, IMO.

Last edited:

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
It won't matter. Most of the people that I have talked to that are into competitive for this game are preferring motion controls over analog though.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Motion controls are actually the ideal, as far as I am concerned. But ultimately you should play with what you feel comfortable the most.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
Motion controls are better. you get two sideways sensitivities at once, and it feels a lot more natural than the jerky feeling no motion controls gives me when I watch someone play with R stick only. I'd say you should be using the gyro if you want to be the best you can be.

Krozo

Full Squid
NNID
KrozoMagnus
I honestly can't do motion controls, I tried them a bit and they just feel finicky to me. Especially since I like to move around a lot while playing. I think when it comes down to it, in game skill is gonna be more of a determining factor than a setting. Especially since the accuracy in this game isn't really the focus. There is a lot of spread to these guns so far, the ink globs are big. I say use whichever is more comfortable, and as of now I doubt either is better in terms of accuracy.

Nonstop_Bop

Inkling
If you can actually jump over a roller, turn in mid-air, then strafe backwards as you shoot him without motion controls, then by all means go for it. Playing claw is possible for smash, FPS games, etc. but I can't seem to get used to it with the gamepad. Until they add some sort of bumper jumper control scheme I'll be repping motion controls all the way.

Twilord

Senior Squid
NNID
Twilord
I don't really use them BUT I strongly suspect competitive players will use them, especially as the game leeches some of TF2's audience and mouse controls are closer matched by motion..

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I definitely recommend it.

AGES

Full Squid
NNID
Snicks
None are really optimal from what I've seen, I've seen some high level people play motion and others prefer analog

dyr

Inkling
NNID
dyreee
Motion controls give you way more control. I'm thinking of switching to them, even though I've never been a fan of motion controls in games.

Forte

Inkster Jr.
I want to get used to motion controls, but it feels really weird to me. I've been doing pretty well without it but when it comes to situations of missing my target and dying because of it, it makes me think I'd play better if I get used it.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
I want to get used to motion controls, but it feels really weird to me. I've been doing pretty well without it but when it comes to situations of missing my target and dying because of it, it makes me think I'd play better if I get used it.
just jump into SP and play through it with it on and it should feel natural to control pretty fast.

PerfektNerD

The Villain You Need
NNID
Perfekt
It takes a while to get used to, but after practicing for a while I am convinced that motion controls will be the exclusive control method for competitive play.

Jet

Full Squid
NNID
Jetcore500
They are some where between analog stick and mouse

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
I find I can go back and forth between with no problem depending on my mood. Have noticed slightly more control with motion.

D

Deleted Member

You would be limiting your maximum potential if you switched to traditional controls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom